Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect if the Buffs playing staff was mediocre you might have a point. Given that this is the best side we’ve had in 15 years I suspect any loss in old school Abbey Park diehards will be offset by punters keen to watch a winning side who play a very attractive brand of football. 

If Buffs moved to Pennyburn would the supporters, especially the older ones, make the effort to go to games? Buffs current park is handy for the town centre bookies and pubs Pennyburn isn't.

There’s not a huge difference. If you are walking from the middle of the town it’s an extra couple of mins walk, maybe 5 max.

Concerned for the new season going forward after reading the managers quotes in the local papers. Spoke about not standing still next season and challenging for the Scottish and league which is great but not when you are letting go experienced players and replacing them with under 19,s. I'm the first to admit I don't know any of these players and they may prove me wrong and step up to the plate which I hope they do but I firmly believe it is to big a jump from 19,s to Premier Junior. My case in point being John Monan who was spoken of last season but I could not even tell you if he is still at the club. The goalkeeper is a strange one considering Adam Strain has had his injury problems and Wardrope has done fine when stepping up but the manager has stated he is going to bring in a goalie from the 19,s to basically sit on a bench, how is that developing a young players career. 

It was made clear at the recent AGM why the Sports Club move is being considered - namely the state of the Dressing rooms. This is not a move that is being considered just for the sake of it. At some point it might be a necessity.

Wouldn’t they need to build new changing rooms anyway? Can’t see them sharing the main ones with the other 5 games going on at same time.

The Claremont would welcome the extra custom I’m sure

Due to location I would expect the Market Bar to get a turn too. Probably a closer walk if you head down past the library.

10 hours ago, akc16 said:

Wouldn’t they need to build new changing rooms anyway? Can’t see them sharing the main ones with the other 5 games going on at same time.

Seemingly the Show Park facilities lie unused on a Saturday. Sunday is the day that the club is used most.

On 22/06/2018 at 10:32, Louis Mooie said:

Concerned for the new season going forward after reading the managers quotes in the local papers. Spoke about not standing still next season and challenging for the Scottish and league which is great but not when you are letting go experienced players and replacing them with under 19,s. I'm the first to admit I don't know any of these players and they may prove me wrong and step up to the plate which I hope they do but I firmly believe it is to big a jump from 19,s to Premier Junior. My case in point being John Monan who was spoken of last season but I could not even tell you if he is still at the club. The goalkeeper is a strange one considering Adam Strain has had his injury problems and Wardrope has done fine when stepping up but the manager has stated he is going to bring in a goalie from the 19,s to basically sit on a bench, how is that developing a young players career. 

In the case of John he had Joe and Latta in front of him for that position, he’s signed with Dirrans this season to get game time but still a big part of our future. 

We have a full youth setup and it’s now time to start at least trying to use it.

Given the situation with the changing rooms we don’t want to over commit on the squad.

Should we have to ground share who knows where that would leave us.

Lot of unfounded speculation on here.public meeting at Abbey park 630pm on Thurs.As u will see in the near future the Buffs r still very ambitious regarding the team,but there's no point on having experienced guys picking up big money 4 nothing on a bench.

If Buffs moved to Pennyburn would the supporters, especially the older ones, make the effort to go to games? Buffs current park is handy for the town centre bookies and pubs Pennyburn isn't.

There is a few voices of disapproval,but at the recent meeting,there was a realism bout the need 4 much better facilities 2 match a good team on the park.

Think I'll find Buffs will get priority and own changing room.already agreed if they move it will be called New Abbey park.

why don't buffs go the whole hog and rename themselves pennyburn rangers I am just back from dog Walking at pennyburn there must be at least, 40 tenny tiplers there right now once they get pissed vandalism is going to be a real issue. you just have to read P&b to see how much ground improvements have taken place last 2 yrs mostly by fans volunteering and donating it would be a real slap in the face to these fans the lifeblood of KRFC if they walked away. it seems the chairman has already made up his mind and it is a fait acopmpli got to say I had never seen him at buffs Park until the last couple of seasons can't see pennyburn being attractive to away supporters either as there is no amenities nearby ie pubs chippys or shops 

Take it u didn’t go to AGM and take a look round dressing rooms. They are a disgrace and need replaced immediately. Therein lies the problem - estimated costs - pick a number think £70k was the figure given. The Pennyburn thing is not anyones first choice but where is the funding to come from for new facilities at Abbey Park. 

it was pointed out at agm that perfectly adequate porta dressing room could be leased at £6000 per year this is a done deal have also heard chairman boyd is a trustee of the sports club what do you say to the fans that have spent time money and sweat doing up Abbey Park the last couple of years then? 

Thing is Ian a lot of the guys who have spent their time and money doing up the Park think it’s not fit for purpose without a massive cash injection. Also believe the dressing room is just the tip of ice-berg regarding issues at the park.

it would be unfair to mention names but I know some of the guys who have worked on the ground  are not pleased this is being driven by the board and with all due respect buffs have been blighted by boardroom upheavals in recent yrs  the ordinary fans are the one constant anyway have said my piece don't expect it to make any difference time will tell if it's a wise move 

1 hour ago, ian mac said:

it was pointed out at agm that perfectly adequate porta dressing room could be leased at £6000 per year this is a done deal have also heard chairman boyd is a trustee of the sports club what do you say to the fans that have spent time money and sweat doing up Abbey Park the last couple of years then? 

The money spent this year at Abbey Park was mostly mine and money raised by Colin Evans. I joined the board at KSC once it became clear there was no incoming changing rooms to give the Buffs at least a chance to still play in the town should they fail.

The figure of the leased modular building hasn’t been given to the committee, you’ll also need to add £4k for architect and planning fees, £4k for foundations, £2k for the drain and £2470 to upgrade the power, so call it £13k upfront and then £6k per year,  about 10% of the total budget going on providing a changing room, if you don’t think we’ve looked at this then your information is wrong. 

Its in the paper when I joined the KSC board in Feb 18, do your research rather than turning up with a half baked ideas, that’s what got the club in this state.

The previous head of regeneration called us idiots for buying a modular building and told us no less than £200k to building a changing room, now he’s behind a modular building idea, he’s telling people the drain can be done for £1,000, his own previous price was £6k.

Again as I said at the AGM I’m happy to step aside if someone has a decent plan.

Archived