Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

Would they build a stand at the side of the show park? I would assume that is the plan.

Pennyburn Tunnel will be interesting for the more ill-tempered games.

Seems a bit strange for all the work Buffs put into Buffs Park over the last few years if they knew they were possibly going to have to move. I’m old enough to remember when Allan McLuckie (I think) tried to move the Buffs and there was a major backlash in the community, although that must’ve been 20 years ago now at least and the type of support in the town has changed.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll
Would they build a stand at the side of the show park? I would assume that is the plan.

Seems a bit strange for all the work Buffs put into Buffs Park over the last few years if they knew they were possibly going to have to move. I’m old enough to remember when Allan McLuckie (I think) tried to move the Buffs and there was a major backlash in the community, although that must’ve been 20 years ago now at least and the type of support in the town has changed.
To be fair that was more about Palmer trying to kick the club out of the park, fun times.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I saw a picture on Twitter a couple of months ago which showed an illustration of a stadium where the four non-show park grass pitches are now.

Having only followed the club for the last four years it makes no difference to me where we play, but I'm not sure where others stand on the matter. Do the club own Abbey Park?

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I saw a picture on Twitter a couple of months ago which showed an illustration of a stadium where the four non-show park grass pitches are now.

Having only followed the club for the last four years it makes no difference to me where we play, but I'm not sure where others stand on the matter. Do the club own Abbey Park?

Long term lease from North Ayrshire council like the other clubs in the area.

58 minutes ago, energyzone said:

That was actually Scotstoun stadium photoshopped, we don’t own the park

would be more like this over a few years 

425B00C1-CD14-4157-A50B-45DFF66C9BD8.jpeg

I would be gutted if Buffs left Abbey Park, some great memories but after reading the article you can understand why. A bit surprised Buffs have signed another forward considering they have Winters, Nisbett, Monti and Boylan but then when any Arthurlie fan is on P and B they rave about McKenzie and the goalie who has went to Kilbirnie. I read also that Strain stated he was unhappy with goals conceded from set pieces and not threatening enough from set pieces over the season which would suggest a new centre half. Would not mind them signing Docherty from Beith or the big centre half from Glenafton who got sent off against Kilwinning, his name escapes me. Regarding departures would imagine possibly Latta and Hanvey could be leaving with pretty much everyone else from the squad signed up for next season. A new goalkeeper also as well would not go a miss.

I would be gutted if Buffs left Abbey Park, some great memories but after reading the article you can understand why. A bit surprised Buffs have signed another forward considering they have Winters, Nisbett, Monti and Boylan but then when any Arthurlie fan is on P and B they rave about McKenzie and the goalie who has went to Kilbirnie. I read also that Strain stated he was unhappy with goals conceded from set pieces and not threatening enough from set pieces over the season which would suggest a new centre half. Would not mind them signing Docherty from Beith or the big centre half from Glenafton who got sent off against Kilwinning, his name escapes me. Regarding departures would imagine possibly Latta and Hanvey could be leaving with pretty much everyone else from the squad signed up for next season. A new goalkeeper also as well would not go a miss.

I would expect 1 of last season's forwards 2 move on or be released,hanvey I'd keep,but heard he's been unable 2 train on a few occasions,thus been out the team a lot.possibly mcguiness away,as didn't feature a lot.agree we could be doing with a keeper and commanding centre half alongside Pettigrew.

On 6/13/2018 at 21:58, Louis Mooie said:

Big Mc Chesney is the glens c h he is New Cumnock born and bred he wullny leave them

I would expect 1 of last season's forwards 2 move on or be released,hanvey I'd keep,but heard he's been unable 2 train on a few occasions,thus been out the team a lot.possibly mcguiness away,as didn't feature a lot.agree we could be doing with a keeper and commanding centre half alongside Pettigrew.
If one of the strikers is going out would surely be Winters. I like him and he obviously has a lot of experience but he's getting on a bit and is normally only used as a sub. I quite like Nisbet as well - I reckon he'd be a really consistent goalscorer if he got a more regular start.

But Boylan and Monti are guaranteed starts and it only leaves room for one other, which is where McKenzie would appear to come in I would imagine.

I'd keep McGuiness - he's still one of the best footballers in the league.

16 hours ago, energyzone said:

If one of the strikers is going out would surely be Winters. I like him and he obviously has a lot of experience but he's getting on a bit and is normally only used as a sub. I quite like Nisbet as well - I reckon he'd be a really consistent goalscorer if he got a more regular start.

But Boylan and Monti are guaranteed starts and it only leaves room for one other, which is where McKenzie would appear to come in I would imagine.

I'd keep McGuiness - he's still one of the best footballers in the league.

McGuiness is an exceptionally gifted player, hard to replace, but maybe need more energy in that position.

If Buffs hang onto majority of the current squad, major surgery isnt required. A goalie probably and a wee bit more guile against the bigger teams is all thats required. I loved our style of football last season, but perhaps a bit more urgency back to front is required in the Super Prem?

COYB, onwards and upwards.

I agree with most of above points,Liam is best footballer in the team n I'd still keep him,winters 4 me would only be a sub.not got legs or work rate 4 90mins.young Sam at lb worries me,I'd move him up 1 n get a taller lb,as he was targeted last year 4 his lack o height.decent going fwd though.

McGuinnes has been a terrific servant to Kilwinning and if he goes it will be a big blow. Not surprised Latta, Hanvey and Wardrope have left can only hope the club do not stand still and replace the above players with better quality. Not heard of any names been linked, has anyone on here.

Archived