Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

Agree with last 2 comments, 2 yellows instead of 2 reds was more than adequate. Referee easily influenced by screaming players and linos who refused to get involved in the simplest of decisions.

As for Buffs, some excellent football in the first half, great fitness levels to see the game out in the second. There is a real belief and togetherness in the squad.

Thats 9 points on our travels to Cumnock, Talbot and Hurlford. Can we win the league, why not?

Glens at home next Saturday and another yardstick as to how far we have come this season.

COYB, onwards and upwards.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/01/2018 at 08:13, buffy1899 said:

Totally agree with the above comment,the ref ruined a good game of football on a poor pitch.he got the basics wrong and let the hurlford players influence Pettigrew sending off.after that he had 2 even it up late on with the hurlford player,who was struggling with injury.more disturbing was he didn't seem 2 know the advantage rule all the way thru the game.time the supervisors demoted these poor refs.

Calum Scott was the match official. 
Image result for Calum Scott referee

SEE BELOW A TWEET FROM THE BUFFS MANAGER CHRIS STRAIN

Tremendous. I'd like to issue a challenge to@steadythebuffs fans to break the 1000 barrier this week. We play Glenafton Scottish cup holder and league champions to Abbey park with our team currently top. Let's support the boys #1000

WHOS UP FOR BREAKING THE 1000 attendance numbers at Abbey Park this week
Pollock has over 1000 at there game on Saturday!! With no senior games on this could be manageable[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️[emoji838][emoji836]️ #bringapal #topoftheleague #COYB

Just watched FITBASHORTS video and it clearly shows NOT EVEN A HINT of a FOUL.   If anything, it shows the glenafton forward prodding the ball forward then colliding with the back of Latta who is colliding with Strain. but is already in front of the forward who no longer has control or possession of the ball. There is no tackle.  A RED CARD, no way!

Of course the video has to be edited and it doesn't show the incidents where the referee over-ruled his linesmen repeatedly and the late in the game incident where Boylan tipped the ball off the defender well inside the field of play to win a corner yet  the idiot Brown denied it with s stupid grin lasting all the way back to the halfway line, what a plonker.  Maybe Eric Gemmell can produce a Highlights Video Special of all matches showing ...REFEREE'S HOWLERS.

Just watched FITBASHORTS video and it clearly shows NOT EVEN A HINT of a FOUL.   If anything, it shows the glenafton forward prodding the ball forward then colliding with the back of Latta who is colliding with Strain. but is already in front of the forward who no longer has control or possession of the ball. There is no tackle.  A RED CARD, no way!
  Of course the video has to be edited and it doesn't show the incidents where the referee over-ruled his linesmen repeatedly and the late in the game incident where Boylan tipped the ball off the defender well inside the field of play to win a corner yet  the idiot Brown denied it with s stupid grin lasting all the way back to the halfway line, what a plonker.  Maybe Eric Gemmell can produce a Highlights Video Special of all matches showing ...REFEREE'S HOWLERS.
It was a blatant penalty in my opinion.

At the time I thought the referee was indicating with his elbow as if Latta had elbowed McCann but the replay doesn't show anything of the sort. It should have been a yellow. I wonder what reason he gave for the red.

4 hours ago, energyzone said:

It was a blatant penalty in my opinion.

At the time I thought the referee was indicating with his elbow as if Latta had elbowed McCann but the replay doesn't show anything of the sort. It should have been a yellow. I wonder what reason he gave for the red.

Can you explain exactly what the foul was.   I've watched the incident another 5 times and can't see any foul play.   A collision is not necessarily a foul.   The long ball came forward and Latta chose to head it back to the keeper, the forward chased and reached the ball and pushed it forward with a toe poke.   He is not in control or possession of the ball.   Latta overtakes him in pursuit of the ball, he is in front of the forward, the forward twists and falls as though he's been fouled and Latta and Strain collide.   I can't see a foul, can you tell me exactly what rule of the game he has breached?   I wouldn't trust that referee to run a BB game, if he signified the use of the elbow, and as you can see from the video there was none, then he is either totally incompetent or he made it up.   I usually support referees and try to avoid being biased but I also watch many matches as a neutral and often see correct decisions by the officials disputed hotly by one side or the other.  If FitbaShorts posts the complete match video and you concentrate on the referee's overall performance I'm certain you notice a whole raft of decisions of his linesmen he instantly over-ruled (incorrectly) without even discussing with them.   Who would want to be a linesman when the ref persists in over-ruling you?  Brown has an agenda, time will tell. 

Can you explain exactly what the foul was.   I've watched the incident another 5 times and can't see any foul play.   A collision is not necessarily a foul.   The long ball came forward and Latta chose to head it back to the keeper, the forward chased and reached the ball and pushed it forward with a toe poke.   He is not in control or possession of the ball.   Latta overtakes him in pursuit of the ball, he is in front of the forward, the forward twists and falls as though he's been fouled and Latta and Strain collide.   I can't see a foul, can you tell me exactly what rule of the game he has breached?   I wouldn't trust that referee to run a BB game, if he signified the use of the elbow, and as you can see from the video there was none, then he is either totally incompetent or he made it up.   I usually support referees and try to avoid being biased but I also watch many matches as a neutral and often see correct decisions by the officials disputed hotly by one side or the other.  If FitbaShorts posts the complete match video and you concentrate on the referee's overall performance I'm certain you notice a whole raft of decisions of his linesmen he instantly over-ruled (incorrectly) without even discussing with them.   Who would want to be a linesman when the ref persists in over-ruling you?  Brown has an agenda, time will tell. 
I would argue that since the striker pushed the ball away from both Latta and Strain and without being brought down would have got to the ball prior to both of them (who were then heading in the wrong direction at that point), then he was quite clearly in control and possession. The contact was sufficient enough to bring him down so it's a penalty for me.

Had that happened at the other end of the pitch I would have been rather upset if it hadn't been awarded.

But if you've watched it 5 times and don't agree then we'll probably not reach common ground on this one.

I thought it was a penalty from where I was in The Shed, but I thought it wasa yellow card offence.

Having watched fitba shorts excellent highlights, I still think the same.

Like last week at Hurlford, thought all 4 sendings off only worthy of yellow cards. Referees are too quick to brandish straight red cards, bordering on incompetence.

On 1/19/2018 at 20:20, funky monkey said:

I thought it was a penalty from where I was in The Shed, but I thought it wasa yellow card offence.

Having watched fitba shorts excellent highlights, I still think the same.

Like last week at Hurlford, thought all 4 sendings off only worthy of yellow cards. Referees are too quick to brandish straight red cards, bordering on incompetence.

Something wrong wi your eyes my man, no foul I was 10 yards away, jist McCann trying his luck and he got it, he barged into Latta, disgraceful officials, worst  I've  seen for a long while, hope I don't see them again this season!

Archived