Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

We've just signed Lewis Morrison. I saw him play with you last season and he scored, i think against Pollok away, but it's difficult to form an opinion based on one game. Do you guys think he is a junior premier player?

Saw him a few times with Buffs, on loan to them fixed period, so I was told, looked class to me, may be a wee bit lacking physically, but that will come, think jury was out on him at kilwinning, wide right or inside, good signing for Ford.

Next week glenafton entertain krr after playing this week in the cup you would have thought they would have fitted one of these teams rather than have a free weekend then again how am I just a meer supporter

13 hours ago, kabjo said:

Next week glenafton entertain krr after playing this week in the cup you would have thought they would have fitted one of these teams rather than have a free weekend then again how am I just a meer supporter

Oh Kabjo, thank you so much, it means so much to a meerkat to be appreciated, 

Image result for meerkat images

Why aren't they playing Pollok who are free next week?

Because Pollok like many other clubs opted out of playing over the festive period if only the sjfa had balls to force teams to play a lot if clubs are dragging the junior game forward only for others to to pull the game back into the dark ages .

From previous threads Clubs who wished fixtures on 23 and/or 30 December were asked to let the General Secretary know. Fixtures as published were issued accordingly. Remaining Clubs obviously considered that they did not wish to play on those dates so buck stops with them and not anyone else.

4 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Lads whats the current buffs squad as I'm starting the programme in case the game on the 30th goes ahead.

Adam Strain, Joe Coleman, Sam McCloskey, James Latta, John Monan, Mark Campbell, Craig Pettigrew, Jamie Whyte, Tommy Maitland, Ricky Hanvey, Findlay Frye, Liam  McGuinness, Carlo Monti, Mick Wardrope, Ben Lewis, David Winters, Bryan Boylan, Ryan Nisbet, Craig Dallas, Steven Hill.

Mgr; Chris Strain,  Asst. Mgr; James MacLeod,  Coaches; Stewart Wilson, Mark Campbell,  GK Coach; David Wilson.  Physio; David McCallum

The details are from the programme for the recent Irvine Meadow match.

• 2 weeks later...

Hurlford 1-2 Kilwinning 

Start off by saying Carlo Monti was the best player on the pitch today by a country mile, scored a great goal, set up the second and should have scored another when he beat 3 men but shot over. I criticised Kilwinning a few weeks ago on here over there disappointing exits from the cups but there league form has been excellent and going out in the cups might be a blessing in disguise in there pursuit of winning the league which with each passing week is becoming a real possibility. On to the referee now, Callum, second name escapes me, they do have a hard job but his performance today was dreadful. Pettigrew should never have been sent off, looked liked he slipped due to the pitch and with Maitland and Coleman close by should have got a yellow, but to me he seemed influenced by Jenkins who was screaming in his ear to produce a red and he then evened things up by sending Hurlford's no 4 off when again I thought it should have been a yellow and if you are going to blow for a foul when Monti is one on one with the defender surely you have to book Taz for the foul he made on Hanvey. Just felt his attitude was all wrong and I'm sure fans on both sides would agree.

Totally agree with the above comment,the ref ruined a good game of football on a poor pitch.he got the basics wrong and let the hurlford players influence Pettigrew sending off.after that he had 2 even it up late on with the hurlford player,who was struggling with injury.more disturbing was he didn't seem 2 know the advantage rule all the way thru the game.time the supervisors demoted these poor refs.

Archived