Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

1 hour ago, GLESGABOY said:

Drinking on an empty head shouldn`t be allowed.....Sitting 2nd in the league, in front of Kilbirnie and Auchinleck .....it definitely looks as though he`s "lost the dressing room" ...... Buffs won`t win the division but they`ll have a say in who does win it. A top 5 finish for them is well within their capabilities which by definition means they`ll lose some along the way. 

Glesgaboy take it u weren't at the game , league's not even half way thru, if u know the Buffs, the manner of the defeat tells the story, long servers in the team weren't interested, maybe because they have been pushed aside for supposedly better players, who to be frank were somewhere else yesterday, night night Strains friends XX

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GLESGABOY wouldn't be disappointed in a top 5 position in the league come end off season, but too be put out the 2 big cups in the space off 3 weeks is very disappointing especially against teams in reality we should be beating no offence too the teams that have beating us,strain got his tactics wrong at medda and today made a mistake playing winters so yes he has too take full blame especially today asking supporters what they think should be done during a game then 5 minutes later doing what supporters said....very strange.....

11 hours ago, theshed said:

An absolute w**k of a guy let's be honest

I am sure the irony of being called that by the most sycophantic, lonliest, obsequious w**k on Pie and Bovril won't be lost on a lot of folk. 

This is a decent Buffs team but the defeats in the West and yesterday in the Scottish were hard to take. Personally think we lost the match in the middle of the park yesterday - too many nice footballers not enough fight and determination. Would like to see Whyte resume his partnership with Pettigrew with Maitland (preferably gagged) moved into central midfield beside Liam.  Frye moved to right midfield with Carlo up front with Boylan.

This is a decent Buffs team but the defeats in the West and yesterday in the Scottish were hard to take. Personally think we lost the match in the middle of the park yesterday - too many nice footballers not enough fight and determination. Would like to see Whyte resume his partnership with Pettigrew with Maitland (preferably gagged) moved into central midfield beside Liam.  Frye moved to right midfield with Carlo up front with Boylan.

Totally agree with the above. Couple of seasons ago when Maitland was regularly in midfield I felt it helped out McGuiness and we had a lot more dig about us.

Disappointing to be out the cup however we have good runs the past couple of years and some years you just have to take it on the chin. This time last year we could hardly get a league win and it was going to be a fight for survival.

Buffs haven’t become a bad team all of a sudden and I think will have a say on who wins the league.

2 hours ago, The viper said:

Totally agree with the above. Couple of seasons ago when Maitland was regularly in midfield I felt it helped out McGuiness and we had a lot more dig about us.

Disappointing to be out the cup however we have good runs the past couple of years and some years you just have to take it on the chin. This time last year we could hardly get a league win and it was going to be a fight for survival.

Buffs haven’t become a bad team all of a sudden and I think will have a say on who wins the league.

Agreed. But Strain has to hold his hands up and admit that the Winters & Latta project has failed.

I can't understand why Strain feels he needs to make changes to a winning team? After a good performance & result at Cumnock last weekend,surely this team would have been kept to face Bo'ness,in the next match? Maybe with the exception of reintroducing Pettigrew into the team,for his quality & experience. "If it isn't broken,don't fix it",comes to mind!:oops

The only change to the team yesterday compared to Cumnock was Pettigrew for Whyte, so you can't understand changing a winning team but would have made the change that the manager did!!!

Buffs are in the strongest position we've been in for a very long time, we're probably in a transition period of just wanting to stay in league to actually becoming a force in the league & we're gona hit a few bumps along the way. Been a few over reactions to last 2 defeats, in my opinion, but I'd love to know who, the fans calling for managers head, would replace him with??

The only change to the team yesterday compared to Cumnock was Pettigrew for Whyte, so you can't understand changing a winning team but would have made the change that the manager did!!!

Buffs are in the strongest position we've been in for a very long time, we're probably in a transition period of just wanting to stay in league to actually becoming a force in the league & we're gona hit a few bumps along the way. Been a few over reactions to last 2 defeats, in my opinion, but I'd love to know who, the fans calling for managers head, would replace him with??

Even Talbot released a statement backing Tommy Sloan a few months ago and look at what he's won. People need to remember this is only Strain's fourth year as a manager and three years ago Kilwinning were in the ADL (and didn't even finish first). People supporting the club can see the progress made on the pitch and the excellent work being done at the ground and are realistic about where the Buffs are. Nobody on the sidelines expected to win the league or the Scottish and one tongue in cheek comment by the chairman on Facebook shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Archived