Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  Right so a team plays from a better surface ie Meadow Park surely the Buffs will be the levellers giving the Meadow the team going down to poor park   NO?

Not quite. I doubt you'd find the Buffs Chairman disrespecting another club in that way. It's more likely he was referring to the pitch not being perfect for both teams. It wasn't him who suggested it was a leveller.

And even if he was, it's hardly groundbreaking stuff to suggest a premier team might be a better footballing side than a Super First one.

The park had nothing to do with it buffs management team had everything to do with result changing keepers playing players out of position playing without a recognised left back need I go on ...

We had players missing and shuffled around too. Buffs are a better team overall but we performed better on the day. Our players were up for it, yours weren’t.

13 hours ago, Scotlad said:

Saturday 18th November
Super Premier Division
Cumnock v Kilwinning Rangers
KO 13:45

Cumnock Juniors FC Retweeted Cumnock Juniors FC

Tomorrow our KO has been moved to 2pm. Mason Kidd will also be doing a gate collection for the Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity in memory of his brother, Ross.

Decent performance and result today. Some good shifts by most. Still not convinced on Winters despite his clever flick to set up second goal. Latta defensively jury is out for me. Hope no underestimate of Bo'ness next week they are still a proud club with a big reputation.

10 hours ago, Nock10 said:

Kilwinning looked decent today and deserved the 3 points. Second goal was a peach from a counter attack. For me, Paul Burns was outstanding and the best player on the park.

Buffs bounced back well after their West exit last week. Played some good stuff and fully deserved the win.

Cumnock played well also and have some very good young players. When it all clicks some team will take a doing off of them. Townhead is one of the best set ups in Junior football, impressed with the pitch which seems better than the one at Rugby Park.

Buffs shaping up well this season. Cumnock wont be in any bother once everything clicks. Great entertainment for 6 quid.

37 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Buffs bounced back well after their West exit last week. Played some good stuff and fully deserved the win.

Cumnock played well also and have some very good young players. When it all clicks some team will take a doing off of them. Townhead is one of the best set ups in Junior football, impressed with the pitch which seems better than the one at Rugby Park.

Buffs shaping up well this season. Cumnock wont be in any bother once everything clicks. Great entertainment for 6 quid.

Totally agree re the playing surface. Actually forgot at one stage that it was artificial!! At Rugby Park you're ALWAYS aware that the game is on a 3G surface.

3 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Totally agree re the playing surface. Actually forgot at one stage that it was artificial!! At Rugby Park you're ALWAYS aware that the game is on a 3G surface.

I thought the Buffs played some good stuff today. The surface looked similar to that at Largs which encourages football to be played.

Did not make the game but what a result for Kilwinning considering the poor performance last week. The turnaround from last year is fantastic and the question now is can we win this league???

The question is - with how many weeks to spare will the Buffs win it?

Would be wonderful to believe that Buffs can win the league, but the usual suspects will be favourites. Talbot seem to have renewed again, Beith are very difficult to play against and Rob Roy will be in the mix. I wasn't convinced by Glens last season, unspectacular for a double winning team, maybe used up all of their lucky breaks last season?

4 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Cumnock have three points from 8 games. They are more than a third through their league campaign.

They are in bother.

I would still expect them to beat 5th or 6th in the league below but you never know

Cumnock have three points from 8 games. They are more than a third through their league campaign.
They are in bother.
I would still expect them to beat 5th or 6th in the league below but you never know

Yes il agree they are in bother there next 4 games are at home in the league against Girvan, Arthurlie, hurlford and kilbirne if they fail to pick up at least 9 points from those they could be in serious bother

Archived