Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to enlighten us could you please list his achievements and to avoid putting a negative slant on it don't mention the fact the he was the cause of a committee to resign or a long list of players to leave the club due to other commitments.   Also don't mention his hiding from the Referee at Lugar by lying on the ground behind the dugout , in front of myself and other regular Buffs stalwarts.
Managers are not the heart of a club ... they are self-serving temporary transients, and so are their coaching staff.
If they are successful they will move onwards and upwards, if they are unsuccessful they will hopefully also move on and eventually find their level.

Kilwinning Rangers are now a community club playing in the premier league team and have been holding their own against the big teams in the Scottish cup for the past few years. On a much better road to where they were before Chris was involved.
Maybe you prefer the lower league times when Abbey park attendances were a fraction of what they are now?
Come with the times Mr Marlowe, appreciate the fact that the manager you don't want to like is part of the team that is pulling the club onwards and upwards.

Just to enlighten us could you please list his achievements and to avoid putting a negative slant on it don't mention the fact the he was the cause of a committee to resign or a long list of players to leave the club due to other commitments.   Also don't mention his hiding from the Referee at Lugar by lying on the ground behind the dugout , in front of myself and other regular Buffs stalwarts.
Managers are not the heart of a club ... they are self-serving temporary transients, and so are their coaching staff.
If they are successful they will move onwards and upwards, if they are unsuccessful they will hopefully also move on and eventually find their level.

Right Mr Marlowe so you've got a gripe with the manager. Grow up, get a grip and know the facts before you post rubbish on here. Strain has taken the club from ADL to a Premier team, done well in most cup competitions, improved the team each season and got fans back on the terraces, assisted in improving the surrounds. Now you obviously don't like him which makes me think you were part of the old committee and have a grudge against. Grow up and get a grip it's about the buffs and I personally think we are doing well and long may it continue. Onwards and upwards.

Fingers crossed you will move on before that one way or another! No club wants supporters like you!

9 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Right Marlowe

•He took over as manager of the club when they were a total shambles, both on and off the park. 

•Achieved back to back promotions

•Got to the final of the West

•Semi final of the Scottish Cup - only to go out to the eventual winners

•Managed to keep top flight status (even when doom and gloom merchants like you would happily watch the team fail under his tenure)

•Beat Kelty Hearts last year in Scottish Cup to end there long unbeaten run

last season at Pollock the team were 3-0 up at half time and even then parts of the away support were still not satisfied! (You will remember that Marlowe)

Please enlighten me and all of the other fans and give us all a list of your achievements.

36 minutes ago, stuarty1976 said:

Right Marlowe

•He took over as manager of the club when they were a total shambles, both on and off the park. 

•Achieved back to back promotions

•Got to the final of the West

•Semi final of the Scottish Cup - only to go out to the eventual winners

•Managed to keep top flight status (even when doom and gloom merchants like you would happily watch the team fail under his tenure)

•Beat Kelty Hearts last year in Scottish Cup to end there long unbeaten run

last season at Pollock the team were 3-0 up at half time and even then parts of the away support were still not satisfied! (You will remember that Marlowe)

Please enlighten me and all of the other fans and give us all a list of your achievements.

Although I disagree with him, like you, Marlowe is entitled to his opinion.

Chris has achieved a lot at the Buffs, but he has made sone mistakes and there's no doubt he has rubbed some folk up the wrong way.

I've no time for all this because I don't agree with you I'm a better fan than you stuff. We are all buffs fans, none of us own the moral high ground.

Onwards to Beith today, will be tough, but if we are on our gane we can get a result.

COYB

6 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Although I disagree with him, like you, Marlowe is entitled to his opinion.

Chris has achieved a lot at the Buffs, but he has made sone mistakes and there's no doubt he has rubbed some folk up the wrong way.

I've no time for all this because I don't agree with you I'm a better fan than you stuff. We are all buffs fans, none of us own the moral high ground.

Onwards to Beith today, will be tough, but if we are on our gane we can get a result.

COYB

What is it you don't agree with ?

Here's hoping the buffs can bounce back after 2 league defeats on the bounce. Hopefully back to winning ways against Girvan this Saturday. Very unlucky v Beith not to get at least a point last week although Beith could have been 2 or 3 up in first half. Very soft bookings for the Kilwinning lads including the second booking for Frye. Thought after going down to ten men they defended really well but the two goals came from mistakes again. Onwards and upwards.

Thought Buffs battled away on Saturday and could well get a result v Girvan but I can't see how even the most fervent could say they remotely deserved to win at Beith - at best, on another day, could pos have hung on for draw.
Also can't fathom how any side could be 2 or 3 up in a half where only had 1 shot at goal

Never said they deserved anything, said they were unlucky. Strain had 2 or 3 cracking saves first half. They defended the lead tremendously well with 10 men in second half. Beith created more in first half v 11. They got a big break for equaliser as well.

Archived