Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coleman was sent off for 2 yellows, first one was a bit harsh but his second for swearing at the linesman was cowardly. The boy Whyte was a straight red, but even the Vics fans were laughing for it being such a bad decision. Regarding the game Vics played well and there 2 forwards bullied Morris  and Whyte to which Morris was taken off after half an hour. Kilwinning's discipline has to be better going forward this season if they are to challenge for honours  but if there manager and coaching staff are giving the ref dogs abuse the players will follow suit. For Kilwinning Boylan and Monti were good and McGuiness impresses me every time I see him play, clever football player.

31 minutes ago, Louis Mooie said:

Coleman was sent off for 2 yellows, first one was a bit harsh but his second for swearing at the linesman was cowardly. The boy Whyte was a straight red, but even the Vics fans were laughing for it being such a bad decision. Regarding the game Vics played well and there 2 forwards bullied Morris  and Whyte to which Morris was taken off after half an hour. Kilwinning's discipline has to be better going forward this season if they are to challenge for honours  but if there manager and coaching staff are giving the ref dogs abuse the players will follow suit. For Kilwinning Boylan and Monti were good and McGuiness impresses me every time I see him play, clever football player.

They made the sub just before half time to go 3 up front. Boylan is quick but he needs to make better decisions when he has the ball and be more composed in front of goal. McGuiness has a great footballing brain and was the pick for me last night. Agreed, any team that picks up constant bookings for dissent need to have a look at themselves. It`s not even contentious decisions or flash-points that they get involved in either, it`s just stupid chat/language to the officials and a continuation during the season will see them losing players for games that actually mean something...........

They made the sub just before half time to go 3 up front. Boylan is quick but he needs to make better decisions when he has the ball and be more composed in front of goal. McGuiness has a great footballing brain and was the pick for me last night. Agreed, any team that picks up constant bookings for dissent need to have a look at themselves. It`s not even contentious decisions or flash-points that they get involved in either, it`s just stupid chat/language to the officials and a continuation during the season will see them losing players for games that actually mean something...........

Mcguiness is 1 of the best footballers in the west has been for years. Very clever maybe hasnt got the legs but uses his football brain 2 get him thru games. Hope ive jinxed him for sat lol.

Mon the papers

1 minute ago, passbackdave said:

Mcguiness is 1 of the best footballers in the west has been for years. Very clever maybe hasnt got the legs but uses his football brain 2 get him thru games. Hope ive jinxed him for sat lol.

Mon the papers

He makes the game look really simple. Quality in almost everything he does

Don't think he should be playing sweeper to accommodate others though. Play him in his best position with either Wardrope or Lewis beside him. Would think for Saturday Campbell and Maitland would come back in if fit and available and also for the game against Talbot.

When Liam & Davy Anderson played together in the Ladeside midfield a few years ago it was a sight to behold . Sometimes you had a couple big bruisers against them re Mclay & his pal at Arthurlie but 9 times outta 10 they ran amok . Davy went to Queens Park & should have played higher , Jamie Longworth played league 1 & Chris Erskine is doing no bad as well . Ask any ladeside fan who they would take back out of our 3 that went senior & they would say that they got their 1st pick back in Davy then we would take Jamie back next & the 1 who has done best would be our last pick but after them Liam is next on our list . Swifts biggest mistake was letting him go to Buffs

12 hours ago, Scotlad said:

Saturday 26th August

Super Premier Division

Clydebank v Kilwinning Rangers

KO 14:00

Suppose this should also be on this thread, game switched to Kilwinning, might manage along !

Good game today, when Clydebank went 2-1 up fair play to the Buffs for digging in cause I have know doubt if that was last season Buffs would have got beat. Frye made a huge difference when he came on. Not his biggest fan but fair play to him when he came on, needs to find that consistency to be playing every week. Seen Michael Wardrope a few times now and I've been really disappointed by his attitude. He took a corner and they had obviously worked on a move with Boylan and Monti but he refused to do it and Strain was going mental at him. If I was him I would be looking at guys in the team who are real team players like Maitland, McGuiness, Campbell.

Good game today, when Clydebank went 2-1 up fair play to the Buffs for digging in cause I have know doubt if that was last season Buffs would have got beat. Frye made a huge difference when he came on. Not his biggest fan but fair play to him when he came on, needs to find that consistency to be playing every week. Seen Michael Wardrope a few times now and I've been really disappointed by his attitude. He took a corner and they had obviously worked on a move with Boylan and Monti but he refused to do it and Strain was going mental at him. If I was him I would be looking at guys in the team who are real team players like Maitland, McGuiness, Campbell.

Agreed, wasn't The best team performance but they dug deep and achieved another victory.
Frye may not be as technically gifted as young Michael Wardrope but it has been evident over the last two games he is more than capable of breaking up the play in a central midfield role which was sadly missing in the game against Cumnock. Therefore, I would always start Frye in the first 11 as opposed to Wardrope.
Finally, I would suggest there are more than 3 players in the team who are "real team players".. in fact the 3 you mentioned also made mistakes today.
However, both Frye and Nisbet made a significant impact on the outcome of the game which should be acknowledged by the management team.

I know there a more than 3 team players in the squad and with regards there would not have been a player on the pitch who did not make a mistake. The reason I mentioned those players was because of there experience in the game and Maitland because he may not be the most technically gifted but always puts his body on the line and to be fair when he went into the middle of the park for the second half his passing was very good.

Archived