League Predictions

Subject to change before the season starts of course, yet unless we bring in some decent signings, can't see us improving on last year at all.

1. Dundee Utd

2. Inverness

3. Falkirk

4. St Mirren

5. Morton

6. Dunfermline

7. Livingston

8. Dumbarton

9. QOTS

10. Brechin

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, madton said:

Curious to know where you think you expect to finish?

Many have said you will stay up which is surely the main aim this season?

There is a big gulf from league 1 to Championship, especially now that Championship clubs have had more prize money the last few years as well as big games/crowds against, Rangers, Hibs etc so i would expect all full time clubs to have a much better budgets than you makng it difficult to compete with them.

You have also lost a guy who scored 27 goals for you last season and he will be hard to replace. The fact Buchanan went to Raith over you should surely ring alarm bells about the budget you have?  Who is going to score you goals to finish mid table?

Do you expect to finish ahead of Morton, Pars, St Mirren Queens etc.Tough ask in your first season back IMO. If you do, Hopkin will get all the plaudits.

Doesn't really ring alarm bells, Raith seem to be offering crazy money (close to £1k a week from what the rumours are). A lot of Buchanan's goals were from other players setting it up and creating the space and opportunities - he knew how to finish though! He even said that he let Mullen do all the running and the work to set it up.

Not as big a loss as many people might think but a loss nonetheless. We've got two central defenders who arguably could be playing Premiership football - Gallagher having done so already.

I feel as though we should be chasing the last playoff spot, Hopkin has had a bit to learn and develop the squad. Credit to him, nearly all of his signings have worked out brilliantly. We've got Mullen who is growing into a really good striker, Carrick who is in the same mould. Mackin seems to be the player to hold the ball up for those two the same as they did for Buchanan and we have Todorov who could likely bully some defences when needed.

Biggest worry is GK and RB. We've apparently got a Polish GK on trial and we've yet to sign an out and out RB but one of the guys from EF can play there. We've signed Robinson who played 92 games at Hearts so has the experience of a higher level. De Vita has done so as well with Ross County. The rest of the squad have a fair level of experience in the Championship, the likes of Keaghan Jacobs, Pittman and Longridge.

It all depends on how the other teams strengthen but I feel like we're being overlooked a little by some.

Personally I feel St Mirren will be challenging for the title but we could easily compete with Queens, Pars and Morton

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Raith offering crazy money :lol:

Close to 1k a week from what rumours are

Rumours the operative word

Hard without knowing exact figures, around the time he signed it was said it was double what we offered. Unless anything else was said there's not much stating otherwise

Said by whom?

Like to think I know my club,financial status,previous losses etc, and being a shareholder previous budget/ players wages.Not only I but all Rovers would be utterly gobsmacked if were paying anything close to that

11 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Said by whom?

Like to think I know my club,financial status,previous losses etc, and being a shareholder previous budget/ players wages.Not only I but all Rovers would be utterly gobsmacked if were paying anything close to that

Seems to be a back and forth on our thread a few weeks ago over it. They might not be paying a lot more than we offered but doesn't make sense to 'drop' to a division that you just won. Especially that prior to the contract he said he was 'just waiting on the offer' from us and was happy + settled here.

32 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Seems to be a back and forth on our thread a few weeks ago over it. They might not be paying a lot more than we offered but doesn't make sense to 'drop' to a division that you just won. Especially that prior to the contract he said he was 'just waiting on the offer' from us and was happy + settled here.

To be fair i,m sure it was mentioned by one of your supporters on here,sure he was quickly shot down by some Rovers supporters

Could be many a reason for dropping down a division,one,better chance of league winners medal for instance :lol: ;)

Seriously though,what players says and then do are two different things.Regularly players state they,re happy where they are,next day they,re offski

52 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

It took you 3 years to get out of league 1 so I'd be keeping a low profile before mouthing off at a side who've won their last 9 league games

We utterly destroyed league one once we got a decent manager. It's a much higher standard in the champ.

I remember when we came up thinking we could compete with league one players.
This league isn't what it used to be, this season Brechin and Livvy will find it tough.

I don't think many Livi fans are expecting much, 8th would be a success. Doubt they're much worse than teams like Dunfermline though.

9 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Doesn't really ring alarm bells, Raith seem to be offering crazy money (close to £1k a week from what the rumours are). A lot of Buchanan's goals were from other players setting it up and creating the space and opportunities - he knew how to finish though! He even said that he let Mullen do all the running and the work to set it up.

Not as big a loss as many people might think but a loss nonetheless. We've got two central defenders who arguably could be playing Premiership football - Gallagher having done so already.

I feel as though we should be chasing the last playoff spot, Hopkin has had a bit to learn and develop the squad. Credit to him, nearly all of his signings have worked out brilliantly. We've got Mullen who is growing into a really good striker, Carrick who is in the same mould. Mackin seems to be the player to hold the ball up for those two the same as they did for Buchanan and we have Todorov who could likely bully some defences when needed.

Biggest worry is GK and RB. We've apparently got a Polish GK on trial and we've yet to sign an out and out RB but one of the guys from EF can play there. We've signed Robinson who played 92 games at Hearts so has the experience of a higher level. De Vita has done so as well with Ross County. The rest of the squad have a fair level of experience in the Championship, the likes of Keaghan Jacobs, Pittman and Longridge.

It all depends on how the other teams strengthen but I feel like we're being overlooked a little by some.

Personally I feel St Mirren will be challenging for the title but we could easily compete with Queens, Pars and Morton

I genuinely think you believe you have even a remote hope of challenging for fourth which is as laughable as it is sad.

The fact that you think Robinson, Carrick and De Vita are the players to get you there is utterly ridiculous.

Going by your logic we have an established premier league squad and should be looking to walk the league and be challenging top 6 the season after.

I would take our own, Morton's, Falkirk's, Queens', United's and St Mirren's centre-half pairings over the nobodies you have.

The only reason  Inverness aren't included in that list is that I am unaware of what centre backs they actually have at the moment.

6 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

It took you 3 years to get out of league 1 so I'd be keeping a low profile before mouthing off at a side who've won their last 9 league one games

FTFY

4 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

I don't think many Livi fans are expecting much, 8th would be a success. Doubt they're much worse than teams like Dunfermline though.

They are, much worse.

Eagerly awaiting the "we never expected to seriously challenge the established sides in this division" posts come winter as Livi suffer yet another abject defeat.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I remember when we came up thinking we could compete with league one players.

This league isn't what it used to be, this season Brechin and Livvy will find it tough.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We utterly destroyed league one once we got a decent manager. It's a much higher standard in the champ.

We were in the Championship only 2 seasons ago, I think we know what to expect. Sevco and Hibs were both playing there then too, and Hearts the season before that, I doubt it will be as hard this season as it was 2 and 3 seasons ago.

All these predictions are just guess work anyway, but I think we'll do ok this season.

Hard without knowing exact figures, around the time he signed it was said it was double what we offered. Unless anything else was said there's not much stating otherwise

He's playing for us for free mate.

That's just as credible as your statement about us paying double what you offered..

Archived