Brechin
QoS
Dumbarton

Another bump.  Just for the fun of it.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think now is the best time to ring up some of the quotes that aged well up to now

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 15:37, virginton said:

You won the most shan League One in living memory and stank the division out soon after your last pointless elevation to this level. Avoiding relegation and another administration will go down as a successful campaign in West Lothian. 

1498604879959.jpg.3ea617fe7cc9ad46b6597972b2eb9798.jpg

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 18:30, Poet of the Macabre said:

Livingston are fucking shite. 

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 04:32, TheMessiah said:

I genuinely think you believe you have even a remote hope of challenging for fourth which is as laughable as it is sad.

The fact that you think Robinson, Carrick and De Vita are the players to get you there is utterly ridiculous.

Going by your logic we have an established premier league squad and should be looking to walk the league and be challenging top 6 the season after.

I would take our own, Morton's, Falkirk's, Queens', United's and St Mirren's centre-half pairings over the nobodies you have.

The only reason  Inverness aren't included in that list is that I am unaware of what centre backs they actually have at the moment.

Eagerly awaiting the "we never expected to seriously challenge the established sides in this division" posts come winter as Livi suffer yet another abject defeat.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 18:27, ATLIS said:

It all depends on how the other teams strengthen but I feel like we're being overlooked a little by some.

Personally I feel St Mirren will be challenging for the title but we could easily compete with Queens, Pars and Morton

^ :D Don't think I was too far off until now

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 12:58, roman_bairn said:

Lol! emoji16.png

I will personally send you a fiver if we finish eighth or lower.

Nice try though.

Riding all the way back from July there could still be a fiver on the line too!

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:41, DAFC. said:

More than happy to do that. 20 to whatever charity you wish if we finish 6th or below. I occasionally organise charity doo's in the work for St. Andrew's Hospice, they're my preference :)

Another bet that still is in contention too 

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 01:09, ATLIS said:

we're missing a real goalscorer, someone may come along in January and maybe not. I feel as though how we cope from December-February will shape up our season, it could all fall apart as it tends to with us around then and lose some players in January for a pittance but that's what many teams on a good run fear. I reckon (silently) that if we keep the team together and sign a goalscorer up in January we'd be up with a shout of playoffs but for now we're just missing that danger in the final third

And along Ryan Hardie came with Lee Miller in his arms

On 18/07/2017 at 12:51, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Joe McKee is an excellent player. We welcome the chase. 

:lol: 

On 18/07/2017 at 13:50, Shandon Par said:

Gav can only dream about hitting the heights of mediocrity (though I accept he did score against Stranraer, but so did Ben Richards Everton). 

:lol:  :lol: 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

:lol:  :lol: 

I stand corrected. He really showed those Hutchy Vale boys a thing or two and has banged in a whole more goal than the thumpingly mediocre Nicky Clark so far on league duty (though has only matched him for assists). Been running about well though and that’s what really counts for a striker. 

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I stand corrected. He really showed those Hutchy Vale boys a thing or two and has banged in a whole more goal than the thumpingly mediocre Nicky Clark so far on league duty (though has only matched him for assists). Been running about well though and that’s what really counts for a striker. 

The important thing is, you're taking it well.

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Clearly,  as he's been the head of our attack for the majority of the season he seems to be doing alright for himself and not at all 'dreaming of mediocrity'.  

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Slagging the main striker for the team sitting 12 points clear at the top of the league with 8 games to go - and describing his non-goal non-assist contributions to the team as ‘running about a lot’ - not bitter much.

There’s a reason that the Saints fans love him, even when he doesn’t score, and it’s not just down to effort.  We’ve had plenty of ‘tries hard’ players over the years and we know the difference between hard worker and effective worker.

Also... there are key moments in a season that impact more than just that game.

Third match of the season. Just lost 4-1 away to Morton. 1-1 away to Livvy (currently second) and we go down to 10 men with about an hour to go... step forward Gavin Reilly with two superb goals to win us the game.  If we’d lost that game we’d have had 3 points from 9 and who knows what would have happened after that.

IF we win the league this year, then Gav will have been a major part of that.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 09:10, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'll admit, I did not expect Livi to be anywhere near the top. I still don't think you'll be top four but miles away from relegation would still be a fair effort.

I stand by the claim that Livingston are shite though.

Aw feck it, may as well get in on the dragging up old quotes.

How about now Poet, think Livi have a chance of a top 4 spot?  ;)

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Down and stay down.

Fair fucks to Livi, have done really well and Hopkin has done a miraculous job with what is, in general a very average squad, got them working very well together and turned them into a very hard to beat unit.

He'll make an excellent pars manager next season.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2017 at 09:02, k-ton said:

Arabs

Bairns

Saints

Pars

Thistle

Ton

Livi

Queens

Rock

City

Bump.

4 correct. Poor effort.

Anyone nail it?  Surely only an optimistic Livi fan with a hatred of the bairns would have managed the full 10!

Archived