Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

Ironic that a match that was billed as a showdown between two potent attacking trios was not necessarily decided by either attack but by a couple of goalkeeping howlers.

You'd be slaughtered for months if you conceded either of those goals playing Fives with your mates, nevermind conceding both of them in the final of the most prestigious continental club competition in the world. 

Bale's first goal was a moment of brilliance worthy of winning any match. Genuinely one of the most unbelievable goals I've ever seen.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem for Madrid is their team is full of big dogs who rise to an occasion which is fine when you’re playing the cream of the crop in the UCL but difficult when you’re playing shite like *squints at La Liga table* Girona week in week out.

There is very little difference between Barcelona and Girona.

They’re basically the same

According to RyanAir

Zidane's > Bale's > Ronaldo's.
I'm happy to give you zidane's as the best but surely ronaldo's overhead was better than bake's?

Such a clean, perfect strike. Bale reacts well but it spins into the net, with nowhere near the timing or power.

The only thing that makes it an unbelievable goal is the fact that it was the winner in a cl final.

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm happy to give you zidane's as the best but surely ronaldo's overhead was better than bake's?

Such a clean, perfect strike. Bale reacts well but it spins into the net, with nowhere near the timing or power.

The only thing that makes it an unbelievable goal is the fact that it was the winner in a cl final.

you're missing the point - had it not been the most outstanding piece of individual brilliance ever in the entire history of all organised sport -not just football - then the only reason(s) that Liverpool would have lost would have been because their goalkeeper was laughably shite, twice; well, that and Ramos having spent the last six weeks  purposely practising exactly how to bring Salah down in such a way that he did his shoulder, of course....

5 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

You got your wish.

I only saw the Liverpool goal in real time. Each Real goal was scored just after I left the room the get the drinks.  :(  Replays are wonderful things.:)  Watched it on French TV. It's good to get the atmos and commentary without understanding every word.     I don't end up shouting at the telly.

Schadenfreude isn't great, but sometimes it's all I've got. :)

Getting dropped, coming on as a substitute for the last half hour, scoring that frankly incredible goal, fluking another for good measure and then basically telling his employer to take this job and stuff it on live TV in front of a hundred million people.

Zidane’s was just a really, really good strike

Bale had much less time to react to the cross which makes it a better goal for me. Both were incredible goals though. I’m not sure how either compare to the Zidane goal, Zidane actually had too long to think about his cross which Roberto Carlos had scooped right into the air and the way in which he swiped it into the top corner with his weaker foot was absolutely sublime. Shite defending from Leverkusen though.

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bale > Ronaldo > Zidane

Both they overhead kicks a lot harder to do than Zidanes volley surely. Maybe Zidanes before Ronaldos seeing as Zidane scored in the final

Zidane hit a volley from twenty yards, with the ball behind him, on his weak foot. I'd rate it higher than any overhead kick, tbh, but Bales goal last night was a genuinely stunning moment, the pub I was in pretty much went silent before everyone went mental after it.

All 3 are outstanding goals but Bale had next to no time to react which shades it for me.
The technique of the other two are better but they had far more time to steady themselves.

Zidane has too long to think about his strike though and controlling the ball in the manner that he did was incredible. Hard to compare it to an overhead.

Just now, throbber said:

Zidane has too long to think about his strike though and controlling the ball in the manner that he did was incredible. Hard to compare it to an overhead.

I loved Zidane but fact he was given so much time and not had a player really near to put him off shows the goal could have been very avoidable where as the other two you cant really say that. Still a class goal in terms of sheer concentration and technique though.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I loved Zidane but fact he was given so much time and not had a player really near to put him off shows the goal could have been very avoidable where as the other two you cant really say that. Still a class goal in terms of sheer concentration and technique though.

He had someone charging up behind him.

xvrR39.gif

Archived