1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Based on only losing 3 of their last 13 fixtures surely - thus on their end of season form

You only won 4 of the same run of fixtures (with three of those against Clyde/Berwick), and you've lost Renton/Sneddon. Has Carrick gone as well? There's absolutely no reason to have you as fourth favourites.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David W said:

You only won 4 of the same run of fixtures (with three of those against Clyde/Berwick), and you've lost Renton/Sneddon. Has Carrick gone as well? There's absolutely no reason to have you as fourth favourites.

I don't think CC was saying that we're rightly fourth favorites on form but it's the basis on which the bookies sorted the odds.

Carrick is back at Livingston.

I don't think CC was saying that we're rightly fourth favorites on form but it's the basis on which the bookies sorted the odds.
Carrick is back at Livingston.

It can't be that at all. If so, Clyde would be longer and Montrose, annan and city would all be shorter

Cowden got 15 points from their last 13 league games. If you want to count the playoff games, 18 from the last 13.

Even taking the best case scenario and extrapolating across the 36 game season, it would have only been good enough for a 6th place finish

Yes that's why we are 10/1 against. That means the bookies are giving us a 9% chance of winning the league. I would say that's not far off considering we have more players to sign. That chance will go up or down depending on who we sign.

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

Yes that's why we are 10/1 against. That means the bookies are giving us a 9% chance of winning the league. I would say that's not far off considering we have more players to sign. That chance will go up or down depending on who we sign.

What % does an evens shot have of winning the league?

We should be well down the betting though. You could only make a case for Berwick being below us tbh.

We have lost our better players and haven't really added anyone yet. Other teams have strengthened.

Its all a bit silly getting worked up about the odds at the present time:lol: As Ivo said earlier its far too early to judge what's what, teams probably won't settle down until the close of the transfer window, that's when the bigger sides start loaning folk out.

What % does an evens shot have of winning the league?

9/1 = 10%. 8/1 = 11.1%. 7/1 = 12.5%. 6/1 = 14.3%. 5/1 = 16.67%.
4/1 = 20%. 3/1 = 25%. 2/1 = 33.3%. 6/4 = 40%. Evs = 50%.
1/2 = 66.67%...........

18 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its all a bit silly getting worked up about the odds at the present time:lol: As Ivo said earlier its far too early to judge what's what, teams probably won't settle down until the close of the transfer window, that's when the bigger sides start loaning folk out.

I don't see one person getting worked up. A pretty placid conversation  about odds at this stage I think everyone is well aware every team has additions to make.

Fancy a wee flutter on Stenny & Stirling at those prices, made some good signings so far. 

Why we continue to be so short I'll never know. Complete guessing game at this point mind you. Fancy us to be competing for top 4 maybe but nowhere near winning it by the looks of things.

Archived