Prague

Kryptonite

Currently in Prague for a few days. I was hoping to go to the Euro qualifier vs Kosovo in Plzen, but the Czech FA are only selling tickets to Czech nationals. I'm going to go to a Sparta Prague ice hockey game instead. I've found plenty nice pubs and restaurants thanks to the info in this thread.

ETA that fresh beer from a tank needs to become a thing worldwide. Incredible stuff.

Currently in Prague for a few days. I was hoping to go to the Euro qualifier vs Kosovo in Plzen, but the Czech FA are only selling tickets to Czech nationals. I'm going to go to a Sparta Prague ice hockey game instead. I've found plenty nice pubs and restaurants thanks to the info in this thread.

ETA that fresh beer from a tank needs to become a thing worldwide. Incredible stuff.

Becoming more and more common in Glasgow over the last few years.

• 2 months later...

going in april, never been before, large group for a stag do roughly 20 of us going.

going by the trip advisor posts stags are certainly not welcome and borderline hated, anyone been recently that can give me and update?

(also will not be planning on looking like the arseholes in the photo above)

6 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

That's actually the locals preparing for your stag party arriving.

i was told, "local heavies" would do me in on tripadvisor, quite militant the prague tripadvisor forum members

Edited by DanMc99

9 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

i was told, "local heavies" would do me in on tripadvisor, quite militant the prague tripadvisor forum members

Prague residents are having a bit of a revolution against tourism just now, the sag parties are dwindling but city breaks are taking off which means prices are getting jacked up and locals are being pushed out to the fringes of the city. 

The city has changed a lot in ten years I have lived there full/part time and stag parties have become less and less, mostly to do with the cost and the city clamping down on the seedier side of the city. 

You'll be perfectly safe though. 

If you turn up in a large group, chances are you won't get in anywhere other than the main Irish pubs that will be full of other stag dos anyway, large groups are normally pounced on by the pick-pocket women about the two main squares and you won't manage to walk 10 feet without someone trying to sell you fake drugs or get you to go to a strip club. 

The police have very little sympathy if anything goes wrong with you either, if you get stopped for something and you don't have a passport, you will probably be jailed until someone can provide it to them. 

If you are not a shower of complete wanks you'll be fine. It isn't Magaluf. 

Prague residents are having a bit of a revolution against tourism just now, the sag parties are dwindling but city breaks are taking off which means prices are getting jacked up and locals are being pushed out to the fringes of the city. 
The city has changed a lot in ten years I have lived there full/part time and stag parties have become less and less, mostly to do with the cost and the city clamping down on the seedier side of the city. 
You'll be perfectly safe though. 
If you turn up in a large group, chances are you won't get in anywhere other than the main Irish pubs that will be full of other stag dos anyway, large groups are normally pounced on by the pick-pocket women about the two main squares and you won't manage to walk 10 feet without someone trying to sell you fake drugs or get you to go to a strip club. 
The police have very little sympathy if anything goes wrong with you either, if you get stopped for something and you don't have a passport, you will probably be jailed until someone can provide it to them. 
If you are not a shower of complete wanks you'll be fine. It isn't Magaluf. 

So basically RIP Dan x

I was there on a stag do last year, only 7 of us though mind. Didn’t have any bother at all. We’re not a massive bunch of helmets though, like the torys pictured above.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is quite eerie seeing a place so absolutely mobbed constantly during the day as empty at this time. 

Czech people are forbidden to leave the house without a mask covering their nose and mouth, tutorials have been shared to show how to make them at home. 

They were in lockdown a week earlier than the UK and have recorded 1400 cases with three deaths.  

The best tourist spot for me in Prague is the Wenceslas Square. And what I also love about Prague is the the people are friendly and easy to approach. 
I found them the complete opposite tbh. Of the countries I've visited they rank last on the friendly scale. It's luck of course what type of people you meet in the short time you're there.

FWIW the Cubans are the nicest. Just lovely people, even the ones not working for tips. The Germans and French Canadians were the worstcunts in Cuba.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I found them the complete opposite tbh. Of the countries I've visited they rank last on the friendly scale. It's luck of course what type of people you meet in the short time you're there.

I was in Prague last year and this was also my experience.  People in central Europe are usually a bit more serious than we are, but I found the Czechs really unfriendly.  Prague is a beautiful city, but the people certainly don't entice me to go back.