Prague

Kryptonite

If you go on an organised pubcrawl you'll get ripped off and end up paying silly money for drinks and end up in Duplex nightclub with all the other stag dos wondering where all the women are. 

If you check Menzels Czech football thread in the other football chat forum, there are descriptions of where to check fixtures and get tickets. 

As virginton says, if you stay in an area like Zizkov or Prague 2, or over the other side of the river from the main centrum, decent bars are everywhere and you'll be looking under a quid of a beer. 

Irish pubs will show football but you'll pay about £5 a pint. They are full of wanks cocked out their heads shouting at each other. 

Anyone not on a stag do, this is probably the best bar to watch sports in Prague without getting harassed by a shower of wanks coked out their heads shouting at each other

https://www.california-republic.cz/

Edited by diegomarahenry

11 20ish year olds looking to get pished in Prague. Suggestions? Any other non-pished suggestions would be appreciated also.
Anyone been to a game over there? Is it easy to get tickets?

Patch the pub crawls they’re a lot of shite, just be at Goldfingers for midnight one night.

We went for 5 days in May and severely ripped the arse out of it, Prague is some place.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Patch the pub crawls they’re a lot of shite, just be at Goldfingers for midnight one night.

We went for 5 days in May and severely ripped the arse out of it, Prague is some place.

f**k knows how a never figured out roughly what that would be by the name of it, sure that will be a fun one to explain if ma boss checks my search history. 

You go to one of they daft pull your own pint places? Got a feeling that they will skin you if you're in there for long enough.

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

f**k knows how a never figured out roughly what that would be by the name of it, sure that will be a fun one to explain if ma boss checks my search history. 

You go to one of they daft pull your own pint places? Got a feeling that they will skin you if you're in there for long enough.

Place called "The Pub" went there on a stag doo last year, was pretty fantastic tbh, big leaderboard up showing how much you've drank etc. 

On 25/07/2019 at 14:20, Senor Bairn said:

Jesus. That’s all I’ve got to say.

The ‘pub’ was absolutely top class, I was skeptical at first too, but iirc it only cost about 20 quid each and we were in there for about 3 hours. Its really what you make of it but booking it for when there’s other big groups in make it so much better.

• 5 weeks later...

One of my mates was going to Prague and asked me about a place he'd seen on one of the Honest guide videos, I hadn't seen any of them because these things are normally crap. and I am no longer a tourist or hang about in tourist areas.

I've now watched a few of them and they are well worth a watch if you are travelling to Prague. They show all the tourist rip-offs and recommend some decent places to eat, if you are willing to travel outwith Prague 1-2 and 8. Probably more suited if you are going for a week sightseeing than a weekend getting fleeced by Ukrainian strippers.   They are also as baffled as I am on the whole love lock pish on bridges, where folk attach padlocks to railings and throw the key in the river. The presenter can get a bit annoying but does get punched by a couple of taxi drivers. 

www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7oj318jVQi7vRbc1bNjJA/featured

You'll have to copy and paste the link, for some reason it wont let me hyperlink to the channel homepage on youtube 

On 28/08/2019 at 19:35, diegomarahenry said:

One of my mates was going to Prague and asked me about a place he'd seen on one of the Honest guide videos, I hadn't seen any of them because these things are normally crap. and I am no longer a tourist or hang about in tourist areas.

I've now watched a few of them and they are well worth a watch if you are travelling to Prague. They show all the tourist rip-offs and recommend some decent places to eat, if you are willing to travel outwith Prague 1-2 and 8. Probably more suited if you are going for a week sightseeing than a weekend getting fleeced by Ukrainian strippers.   They are also as baffled as I am on the whole love lock pish on bridges, where folk attach padlocks to railings and throw the key in the river. The presenter can get a bit annoying but does get punched by a couple of taxi drivers. 

www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7oj318jVQi7vRbc1bNjJA/featured

You'll have to copy and paste the link, for some reason it wont let me hyperlink to the channel homepage on youtube 

There's a lot of good advice on these videos that apply to most countries, like changing money and using ATMs. Was this the one you meant about taxi drivers? Boy's got a bit of bottle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePw8_fDIsW8

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

There's a lot of good advice on these videos that apply to most countries, like changing money and using ATMs. Was this the one you meant about taxi drivers? Boy's got a bit of bottle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePw8_fDIsW8

There is this one also

He gets attacked by exchange scammers as well in one. 

• 2 weeks later...
Heading to Prague (5th time) and Bratislava (first time) next month.
Anytime I've been to Prague before I've been for Scotland games or stags but this time I'm going with the missus.
Any recommendations?
Cracking restaurant called Mincovna set in the old Prague Mint next to the Cartier shop on the main square. Slightly above average prices but really good food (and not a tourist rip off despite being on the main square).

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 14:02, spud131 said:
On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 13:32, Squirrelhumper said:
Heading to Prague (5th time) and Bratislava (first time) next month.
Anytime I've been to Prague before I've been for Scotland games or stags but this time I'm going with the missus.
Any recommendations?

Cracking restaurant called Mincovna set in the old Prague Mint next to the Cartier shop on the main square. Slightly above average prices but really good food (and not a tourist rip off despite being on the main square).

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:39, diegomarahenry said:

I normally take folk from work here

https://kogohavelska.cz/en/ decent Italian, reasonable prices and fairly central

Thanks lads, noted.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Also just realised Slavia Prague vs Dortmund is on when I'm there.

Tickets look like they are going for silly money though.

Tickets are on-sale to season ticket holders now, then after a date, season ticket holders will be offered one additional ticket, if there is any left after that point they will be offered to the Slavia club members and in the unlikely event there are any left after that, they will go on public sale. I doubt I'll get a ticket for the Barcelona or Dortmund game. I haven't had a season ticket (£240) for a couple of seasons now unfortunately 

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tickets are on-sale to season ticket holders now, then after a date, season ticket holders will be offered one additional ticket, if there is any left after that point they will be offered to the Slavia club members and in the unlikely event there are any left after that, they will go on public sale. I doubt I'll get a ticket for the Barcelona or Dortmund game. I haven't had a season ticket (£240) for a couple of seasons now unfortunately 

Cheers mate, I'm sure there will be plenty of Dortmund fans kicking about Prague without tickets so atmosphere should still be decent!