Prague

Kryptonite

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah I found this. Obviously it's just your luck what kind of people you run into but for the most part they were c***s. Even looking around the tourist shops I felt they would rather I went elsewhere. I've always said I'd go back to the city in a heartbeat but the locals are what put me off. If you can't be fucked with tourists don't work in an area surrounded by tourists.

Yeah 'cos the locals can so easily steer clear of Prague 1 - the centre of the dominant economic, cultural and political hub of their entire state - to make room for more tourists pottering around souvenir shops and Irish bars. Good shout m8. 

The complete lack of fucks given and the refusal to adopt on American-style, faux-pleasant service culture are by far the most refreshing cultural traits of the former Eastern Bloc countries.  If you want a picture postcard destination populated by gormless morons, try Disneyland instead. 

Yeah 'cos the locals can so easily steer clear of Prague 1 - the centre of the dominant economic, cultural and political hub of their entire state - to make room for more tourists pottering around souvenir shops and Irish bars. Good shout m8. 
The complete lack of fucks given and the refusal to adopt on American-style, faux-pleasant service culture are by far the most refreshing cultural traits of the former Eastern Bloc countries.  If you want a picture postcard destination populated by gormless morons, try Disneyland instead. 
Uh huh, but if I hated tourists so much I think I would avoid taking a job in a souvenir shop, you know, where around 99% of the custom will be tourists.

I'm sure there are plenty of other opportunities in the City for locals to work if they detest us so much. No surprise to see you defending a place filled with torn faced c***s right enough.

Erm yes, because in contrast to the growth of dead-end, bullshit jobs even in the relatively stable and prosperous UK in recent decades, Czechia has been shitting out cushy jobs for the locals ever since most of its state industry was dismantled overnight after the 1989 revolution.  

What a truly ignorant moron. 

Erm yes, because in contrast to the growth of dead-end, bullshit jobs even in the relatively stable and prosperous UK in recent decades, Czechia has been shitting out cushy jobs for the locals ever since most of its state industry was dismantled overnight after the 1989 revolution.  
What a truly ignorant moron. 
Ah so it's went from "the centre of the dominant economic, cultural and political hub of their entire state" to a city where the only available jobs involve working in souvenir shops. Gotcha.

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The Honest Guide YouTube channel has dozens of genuinely useful videos including how to get to the city centre from the airport by bus/metro.

The 119 bus and then the train to Mustek was the route I took.  Probably took about 40 minutes altogether to go from the city centre to the airport.  God knows why anyone would take a taxi.  The journey probably cost about £2 as well.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

The 119 bus and then the train to Mustek was the route I took.  Probably took about 40 minutes altogether to go from the city centre to the airport.  God knows why anyone would take a taxi.  The journey probably cost about £2 as well.

If your digs are near a stop on the yellow line then you can get the 100 bus to Zličin and the metro from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience of getting tickets to football matches in Prague? I'm heading over the first weekend of May for a stag do, and according to Flashscores there are two games on in the MOL Cup while we're over. Slavia Prague vs Karvina on the Thursday evening, and Bohemians vs Sigma Olomouc on the Friday. Has anyone been to either of these grounds and could recommend one over the other?

6 hours ago, Dave said:

Does anyone have any experience of getting tickets to football matches in Prague? I'm heading over the first weekend of May for a stag do, and according to Flashscores there are two games on in the MOL Cup while we're over. Slavia Prague vs Karvina on the Thursday evening, and Bohemians vs Sigma Olomouc on the Friday. Has anyone been to either of these grounds and could recommend one over the other?

Slavia and Bohemians,  you can buy online at ticketpro.cz and print it out, they won't sell out, at Slavia you can get a ticket from the ticket windows at the far end of the ground. the windows of people that speak English have wee union flags on them.  Sections 124 and 125 are behind the goal above the ticket windows, the Slavia ultras occupy the stand opposite. 

Bohemians is a couple of tram stops before Slavia. the ticket shop is at the main entrance. 

Eden, is the nicer stadium and Slavia are currently 9 points clear in the league and still in the Europa league, Bohemians are in relegation bother. but have Panenka as president, the guy the penalty is named after and it is a bit of a mental club. 

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Slavia and Bohemians,  you can buy online at ticketpro.cz and print it out, they won't sell out, at Slavia you can get a ticket from the ticket windows at the far end of the ground. the windows of people that speak English have wee union flags on them.  Sections 124 and 125 are behind the goal above the ticket windows, the Slavia ultras occupy the stand opposite. 

Bohemians is a couple of tram stops before Slavia. the ticket shop is at the main entrance. 

Eden, is the nicer stadium and Slavia are currently 9 points clear in the league and still in the Europa league, Bohemians are in relegation bother. but have Panenka as president, the guy the penalty is named after and it is a bit of a mental club. 

Nominee for the most informative reply of the year, 2019.:king

21 hours ago, Dave said:

Go to the Bohemians game and make sure you get on the terracing behind the goal. Amazing experience.

These games are the first week of April, not May....

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Anyone managed to catch a pre season game in Prague?  We are going first week of July and would like to go see one of the many teams (not Sparta).  

No, but you might catch a Europa League qualifier.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Anyone managed to catch a pre season game in Prague?  We are going first week of July and would like to go see one of the many teams (not Sparta).  

I've been to one at Slavia the last couple of years and I went to an Admira Praha game last year as well because one of my old work colleagues lives near their ground. Depends on where teams go for pre-season but there are about a dozen teams in Prague to chose from.  

On 3/28/2019 at 19:53, diegomarahenry said:

Top man, thanks for this. Hoping to get to both so will feedback on the stadiums once I'm back!

On 30/03/2019 at 19:03, Twinkle said:
On 28/03/2019 at 13:00, Dave said:

These games are the first week of April, not May....

For f**k sake, so it is. Fucked it here. :lol: Well that's the quarter finals, so hopefully something gets arranged for the time I'm out there...