Prague

Kryptonite

Probably the easiest way to explain is, If you get a 22 tram from IP Pavlova, it will take you past Bohemians ground and get off at Koh-I-Noor, takes about 20 min, all depends on where you are and where you are staying, there are other trams go that way But that one is fairly central, you should be able to get a ticket at the gate/ticket office for it. 
I was a season ticket holder at Slavia for a few years, The atmosphere at the games can be pretty good. 
There is another thread in the travel forum called Krakow v Prague that has a few decent suggestions

How easy is it to get Slavia tickets?

8 hours ago, Trump said:

How easy is it to get Slavia tickets?

Unless it is a European game it won't sell out if thats what you mean? you can get tickets right up to kick-off from the ticket windows under the east stand (the end furthest from the tram stop) Some of the folk at the windows will speak English but you might want to go early in case you need to perform a game of charades to get tickets and don't want to do it in front of a crowd of impatient punters.

Captureokokp.thumb.PNG.32e346d73ba9317be9e4a139692a404d.PNG

Edited by diegomarahenry

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 00:01, diegomarahenry said:

Probably the easiest way to explain is, If you get a 22 tram from IP Pavlova, it will take you past Bohemians ground and get off at Koh-I-Noor, takes about 20 min, all depends on where you are and where you are staying, there are other trams go that way But that one is fairly central, you should be able to get a ticket at the gate/ticket office for it. 

I was a season ticket holder at Slavia for a few years, The atmosphere at the games can be pretty good. 

There is another thread in the travel forum called Krakow v Prague that has a few decent suggestions

Brilliant cheers man, loads of great suggestions in there!

Now a hotel, owned by Liverpool an Slavia legend Vlada Smicer
http://www.dancinghousehotel.com/en/

You can get pints for 30-40 CzK even in the city centre (eg U Medvidku, U ProvazniceChapeau Rouge)
Avoid Irish pubs (rip off) and don't flag a taxi down from the street, always better to phone for one.

Also further to this. Do not go to any of the pubs and restaurants that have large pictures of the food and no prices. Always make sure the food is priced in a restaurant. You can buy 600ml bottles of beer In a shop for about 15-20ck also.

Little walkway along the river was excellent on Friday night (just beside that weird building mentioned above), visited the Captain Morgan's pirate ship for a few rums and the atmosphere was excellent. The rain then started lashing down and over 300 people tried to shelter under a wee bridge, few folk in our group got the Scottish football chants going and then the Czechs started with theirs. Brilliant place with plenty to do and very nice people.

Would highly recommend hiring a beer bike if you have a good sized group (8-14), great way to see the city, get smashed and have a laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 13:26, Cardinal Richelieu said:

This weird building is not too far from Charles Bridge. I might be getting it confused with another building nearby, but they had a great Communism museum (temporary) and there were nice views from the cafe at the top. 

dancing_house_prague.jpg

the dancing building-vaclev havel lived there.if you walk up the street its on away from the river towards the metro station youll come to the crypt where the heydrich assassains were run to ground and had their epic last stand against the germans,parachutists bar across from the crypt is worth a visit too

110kr will get you a 24hr pass on all public transport,make sure and keep a good amount of change for the antiquated ticket machines though

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, spud131 said:

Away to Prague with the other half on Monday for 3 nights. Anyone any recommendations for places to eat and drink?

Depends where u are in the city. My personal favs are U Provaznice, both of the Lokal's, U Tri Ruzi. Pivovarsky Dum, U Medvidku, U Pinkasu.

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

We're staying in an apartment in the old town. Just a few mins away from Charles bridge.

Lokal just off the Charles Bridge would be handy for you. Dlouha St. has loads of pubs including the Prague Beer Museum. 

18 hours ago, McQuade said:

Acutally a bit of a shit hole inside. Just like an office canteen.

Anyway I'll be staying in the U Prince for new year celebrating the bells from the rooftop bar facing the clock, then down stairs to one of the most greatest bars in the world for some fine malts and cigars...mmm

View from U Prince rooftop bar is fantastic and so is the view from T'Anker bar at the top of the Kotva shopping centre.

• 1 month later...
Anyone recommend a good hotel in Prague? Heading over in April with the wife and her standards are much higher than mine:thumsup2 

Everybody's standards are much higher than yours Stevo!!![emoji6]

On 12/29/2017 at 23:01, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:
On 12/28/2017 at 18:31, Stevo Fife said:
Anyone recommend a good hotel in Prague? Heading over in April with the wife and her standards are much higher than mine:thumsup2 

Stayed at 'Prague Gorgeous Rooms' recently and it was excellent. A 2 min wall from the main square

Cheers bud. Looks good.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to Prague on the weekend of the Champions League final with my youngest brother, who is tee-total and(Largely due to his aspergers) has a disliking of overly busy pubs. I assume most of the decent places will likely be packed when it comes to watching the game?

Also, has anyone been to the Speedway stadium there(Marketa Stadium). Looks easy enough to get to and from, just wondering if my initial thoughts are correct. Also wondering if there are any reputable boozers in that direction because I struggle to sit through the speedway while sober...