European draws

wastecoatwilly

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

I disagree with this, Galatasaray are probably the one side Rangers wanted to avoid. Spurs would most likely be easier.

They finished sixth in the Turkish league last year, and it's at Ibrox.

I don't even think Galatasaray are a lock to beat Hadjuk Split tbh

17 minutes ago, G51 said:

They finished sixth in the Turkish league last year, and it's at Ibrox.

I don't even think Galatasaray are a lock to beat Hadjuk Split tbh

Yeah at Ibrox, Rangers will fancy their chances but Galatasaray are no mugs, and are the slight favourite for the tie. Hadjuk Split would also be a difficult tie, similar to Legia last season.

6 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Yeah at Ibrox, Rangers will fancy their chances but Galatasaray are no mugs, and are the slight favourite for the tie. Hadjuk Split would also be a difficult tie, similar to Legia last season.

I have the somewhat counter-intuitive opinion that we're probably favourites for both the Galatasaray and Willem II ties, but our chances of making the groups are still less than 50-50.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

I have the somewhat counter-intuitive opinion that we're probably favourites for both the Galatasaray and Willem II ties, but our chances of making the groups are still less than 50-50.

Well, it's not counter-intuitive at all. If you assume you have less than a 70.7% chance of winning either tie individually, you would indeed have less than a 50% chance of making the group stages.

8 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Well, it's not counter-intuitive at all. If you assume you have less than a 70.7% chance of winning either tie individually, you would indeed have less than a 50% chance of making the group stages.

Yes I know. I was referring more to the perception. 

11 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Spurs don't take the Europa League seriously, they'll field a shadow side most likely. Galatasaray won't.

There is no chance that any English club would ever field a shadow side when they come up here. They'd be desperate to prove a point.

On 21/09/2020 at 00:51, AmericanFan said:

I doubt it.

What's Galatasaray's recent Europe record?

Before beating Neftçi, Galatasary hadn't won any of their previous 20 consecutive away games in Europe.

In fairness their country ranking means they've usually gone straight into the Champions League group stage, so it's not like they've been playing teams at Rangers' level. 

42 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I'm willing to pay one Scottish team my hard earned cash for a PPV stream tonight. Charm me.

10 quid for Motherwell with no partisan commentary, game will be finished early enough for you to get out for last orders.

Quite surprised Celtic got in to the 1st pot, Sporting, Copenhagen and Basel all getting beat at home has helped them there.

Looking at the pots there is not much between the teams in pots 2 and 3.

Hopefully Celtic can get Leicester and/or Rangers with Arsenal or Spurs.

8 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Quite surprised Celtic got in to the 1st pot, Sporting, Copenhagen and Basel all getting beat at home has helped them there.

Looking at the pots there is not much between the teams in pots 2 and 3.

Hopefully Celtic can get Leicester and/or Rangers with Arsenal or Spurs.

Why would you want the EPL teams? I'd want to avoid them more than most of the others.