Kilsyth Rangers 2017 / 2018

Kilsyth Coyle

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, takmadoon said:

That would be fine in the real world ,if you had workers to ensure that your own pitch was in a condition that was playable, Given the weather that we have had recently coupled with home games we have played . Duncansfield is like any other junior park at this time and requires a lot of work to be carried out to ensure that games can be played. If its your suggestion to swop the game ,I don't envisage a mad rush of people offering assistance for this to happen. You must be realistic. work required to be done on the playing surface takes time and more importantly can't be done without workers.  I think that this may answer  your question on ground swooping 

I imagine Scone are holding off hoping that the weather will relent but would suggest that there is a much better chance of our pitch being playable this weekend than theirs. If the weather precludes either being playable then so be it, but why not offer the option?

We don't ever have what you might call a "mad rush" of volunteers in any case but we do often manage to get games played when others in the area are off.

Dunipace was perfectly playable last saturday and I'm quite sure Duncansfield would have been as well. The priority should be to get the game played and deal with the after effects as soon as possible after the game. I know who the people are who do the work and certainly more assistance is always welcome but it` is a park for playing football, not bowls or lawn tennis.

4 hours ago, garrellburn said:

I imagine Scone are holding off hoping that the weather will relent but would suggest that there is a much better chance of our pitch being playable this weekend than theirs. If the weather precludes either being playable then so be it, but why not offer the option?

We don't ever have what you might call a "mad rush" of volunteers in any case but we do often manage to get games played when others in the area are off.

Dunipace was perfectly playable last saturday and I'm quite sure Duncansfield would have been as well. The priority should be to get the game played and deal with the after effects as soon as possible after the game. I know who the people are who do the work and certainly more assistance is always welcome but it` is a park for playing football, not bowls or lawn tennis.

Getting the park in decent playing condition is not just about STAMPING DOWN loose turf and thinking that that will do. Holes and ruts need to filled and made good to an extent where there is no danger to players,thereafter the park has to be rolled, and with the weather we have been having lately it is proving pretty difficult to get a machine on the park without causing further damage. Your comment about it being a park for playing football is correct, but without constant maintenance and upkeep by the FEW committee men who work tirelessly on the park we would finish up with a park similar to the one in the photograph. Do you want a football field or just a park to kick a ball about. Prevention is better than cure. I was working on the park today and the present the condition of the park remains dodgy, requiring repairs to field drainage and with the weather forecast not looking good from tomorrow we would only be causing further damage to the field. I am as desperate as you are to get this game played but not to the long time problems we could end up with. This is not a negative approach but just the opposite     REALITY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Quiet thread recently, hoping to bounce back from last weeks disappointing performance at Shettleston at home to darvel, should be fine with temperatures forecast but pitch will be checked at 9am

I watched your game last week and was struck by how young the team looked compared to last year. 

I thought Shettleston bullied you and they were deserving of the three points. 

9 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Quiet thread recently, hoping to bounce back from last weeks disappointing performance at Shettleston at home to darvel, should be fine with temperatures forecast but pitch will be checked at 9am

I won’t manage through today , hope it’s a good game but the points come back to darvel. I’m sure the banter will be flowing, be gentle on the legend!!

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

I watched your game last week and was struck by how young the team looked compared to last year. 

I thought Shettleston bullied you and they were deserving of the three points. 

They definately were worthy of the points, we dont play that bad every week, every team has games like that, hope to put in a far better performance today

1 minute ago, Darvel Dave said:

Had a good day up at kilsyth today, good bit of banter between fans & decent match with some goals, pity the officials were poor but good hospitality from the club!

Totally agree mate thanks to all at kilsyth for all their hospitality first time there and enjoyed it all 

• 2 weeks later...

Big game in the scottish tommorow, hope the team are well up for this game, and i also hope we get a better set of officials at duncansfield than our last outing at home when they were truly shocking and cost us the points in our last league game, good luck to Chris, Spud, Glen and the team

8 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Big game in the scottish tommorow, hope the team are well up for this game, and i also hope we get a better set of officials at duncansfield than our last outing at home when they were truly shocking and cost us the points in our last league game, good luck to Chris, Spud, Glen and the team

Aye stick in smashing wee club wae Nae chips on their shoulder and love a laugh 

Archived