Kilsyth Rangers 2017 / 2018

Kilsyth Coyle

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot seems to be happening elsewhere with players committing and new players coming in etc.

Hope Hoggy has got things organised early doors. We need to try and kick on from last season whether we are loosing a couple of bodies or not!!

1 hour ago, eaglelok said:

whats Nicky Prentice like? see he was announced today as a Pollok player .

He's a great wee player if he's given the right amount of service of the ball.

Never had the outstanding season last year as he did the year before, but still a great player on his day!!

20 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

I can tell you he wasn't Kilsyth's player of the year like Pollok are reporting emoji85.png

Maybe not, but there is no doubt he is the best football player we have had in a long time. I forecast he will do very well at Pollok

Maybe not, but there is no doubt he is the best football player we have had in a long time. I forecast he will do very well at Pollok

I'm not arguing with any of that, I like Nicky a lot, both as a player and he's a top lad. My point was that on Polloks official unveiling they announced that Nicky was Kilsyth's player of the year last season, I'm merely confirming that this is not the case!!

My point is, you said he was the best player in the super first last year and you seen him 4 times? Ok then :), by no means think i am putting the young guy down, cause he has been a great servant to Kilsyth and a great lad, i wish him every success at pollok and wherever else his career takes him, his first couple of seasons at Kilsyth was when he played his best football in my opinion, didnt set the heather on fire the last couple of years, to say he was the best player in the division last year is just nonsense, Paul Mcbride and Davie Waters were Kilsyths best players last season and were rightly awarded the players of the year trophies

On his day he was capable of being the best player in the division but was a bit inconsistent last season , don't get me wrong is a fantastic player on his day an will be a big loss to us an a good lad too .
Not our player of the year though as reported on there website .

5 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

My point is, you said he was the best player in the super first last year and you seen him 4 times? Ok then :), by no means think i am putting the young guy down, cause he has been a great servant to Kilsyth and a great lad, i wish him every success at pollok and wherever else his career takes him, his first couple of seasons at Kilsyth was when he played his best football in my opinion, didnt set the heather on fire the last couple of years, to say he was the best player in the division last year is just nonsense, Paul Mcbride and Davie Waters were Kilsyths best players last season and were rightly awarded the players of the year trophies

Just to echo that point:

Gary Kelly and Chris Reid (Bullit) also outstanding!!! 

A fair chunk of our team were easily some of the best players in the Division. 

Nicky played in almost every game during the season, to expect him to maintain the highest level of consistency is just too much. He got some pretty rough treatment as well in a few games, the one at Pollok being a prime example. Not blaming them, they knew he was the danger man in our team and targetted him accordingly. He just got up and got on with the game, not like many others in opposition teams we met during the season, McGladrigan at Petershill being a prime example. If he had actually got that kind of treatment during the game we played in May he would still be on life support care in the Royal Infirmary!

Archived