Players you used to hate

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

One of those memories that never leaves you.

It was half time at Gayfield and Tosh was a sub. We were making our way back from the pie stall, young whippersnappers fulla beer and bantz. Moonster flung a couple of harmless shouts in Tosh's direction, something along the lines of "yer shite Tosh" and he just completely lost the heid. Came bounding over shouting all sorts and asking Moonster to meet him in the car park after the game. He could barely respond through the laughter.

Tosh makes his way to the edge of the penalty box and unleashes an absolute ripper of a shot in Moonster's direction just as he's taking a bite of his fresh pie... BOOM! Hot grease and cow udder splattered all over his wee shocked face.

:lol: That's absolutely superb

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:lol:

I'm gutted that I've only just found out about this

To give some background, it was half time and I went to get a pie at Gayfield. When I was walking back round the subs were hitting shots at the keeper and some Sons fans were giving them some stick. I decided to join in and I think I said something along the lines of "give it up Tosh ya auld dick" and he came over in a rage asking why we think we had the right to abuse him and he would see me outside after the game. He went back to hitting shots and obviously he was the target of all abuse from there on. The shots then started raining down on the Sons fans instead of the goal and one of them smashed the pie out my hand as I was going for a bite. If he wasn't so utterly raging I'd have called it a 1-1 draw, but his heads gone moment meant there was no way I could lose. The pie was shite anyway.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Paddy Flannery. Loved to score against us and wind the Cowden fans.

Remember Rhona McLeod when she was new to the telly game and went to interview him? She was so nervous that she said something along the lines of 'and now a very warm welcome to Dumbarton striker Fanny Paddery!' :lol:

Callum Elliot and Iain Russell

Elliot for signing for us and then deciding the money was better elsewhere and ripping up the pre-contract. Made it better when he couldn't score against us all season, missed an open goal and then retired due to recurring injury. Seems like we dodged a bullet :D 

Russell has always been an annoying, diving wee p***k. Even with us he was always diving and it got embarrassing at time. Good to see him and Airdrie spanked all last season and another retirement :D 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Elliot for signing for us and then deciding the money was better elsewhere and ripping up the pre-contract. Made it better when he couldn't score against us all season, missed an open goal and then retired due to recurring injury. Seems like we dodged a bullet :D 

Got to agree with Callum Elliott, I'd also put forward Paul Watson who was at a Raith at the same time. 

Never forget Callum Elliott diving and then throwing himself to the ground, rolling around as if he'd been shot to get Danny Denholm sent off, as soon as the red card appeared he was up without a thing wrong with him, he ran over to Paul Watson who winked and gave a big high five, as if to say well done mate, great play acting. 

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

One of those memories that never leaves you.

It was half time at Gayfield and Tosh was a sub. We were making our way back from the pie stall, young whippersnappers fulla beer and bantz. Moonster flung a couple of harmless shouts in Tosh's direction, something along the lines of "yer shite Tosh" and he just completely lost the heid. Came bounding over shouting all sorts and asking Moonster to meet him in the car park after the game. He could barely respond through the laughter.

Tosh makes his way to the edge of the penalty box and unleashes an absolute ripper of a shot in Moonster's direction just as he's taking a bite of his fresh pie... BOOM! Hot grease and cow udder splattered all over his wee shocked face.

Oh how have I never heard of this before lol

Most of my recent ones have an Inverness connection. Foran, Hayes, Dods and Tokely were all annoying bawbags who used to irritate me for various reasons.

Further back, Raith Rovers and Airdrie dominate the list, with Gordon Dalziel, Peter Hetherston, Davie Sinclair, Sammy Conn and Alan Lawrence being the standouts, but Ken Eadie and Sean Sweeny at Clydebank also worthy of a mention..

Then there's my completely irrational and completely unjustified dislike for Dougie Arnott - a fine player for Motherwell he was, but I really despised the shortarsed midget hoor.

Elliot for signing for us and then deciding the money was better elsewhere and ripping up the pre-contract. Made it better when he couldn't score against us all season, missed an open goal and then retired due to recurring injury. Seems like we dodged a bullet [emoji3] 

Russell has always been an annoying, diving wee p***k. Even with us he was always diving and it got embarrassing at time. Good to see him and Airdrie spanked all last season and another retirement [emoji3] 

Iain Russell is one of the best players we've had in the last 10+ years. Why don't you like him?

There are loads that I can't really remember, but Ryan Baldacchino at Gretna was always one I couldn't stick. Probably because they were beating us on their way up the divisions.

At the moment the guy who does my tits in is Bertie Auld. Don't care what age he is, he's got a face you wouldn't tire of punching, and a horrible whiny voice to boot.

Archived