Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

I take it for what it is. A sport for those not at elite level in ANY of the sports contained within it, but one which gives a watchable level of competitive entertainment.

All that has been shown, is the vast gulf between it & the respective individual sports, be it boxing, wrestling, ju-jitsu, karate etc.

You'd think the gulf would lessen as cash increases.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Why would that happen?

You'd expect youngsters of the future to put more effort in as cash increases rather blowing out their arse after 10 minutes like those in MMA at the moment.

Just now, ayrmad said:

You'd expect youngsters of the future to put more effort in as cash increases rather blowing out their arse after 10 minutes like those in MMA at the moment.

But the training they do works for MMA. So I'm not sure why they'd change. That's what they train for.

There's a definite difference in the conditioning between boxers & MMA.

Due to the close contact elements of MMA, it's far more strength orientated than boxing, which requires a large cardio/aerobic capacity.

On 9/2/2017 at 08:52, kiddy said:

I take it for what it is. A sport for those not at elite level in ANY of the sports contained within it, but one which gives a watchable level of competitive entertainment.

All that has been shown, is the vast gulf between it & the respective individual sports, be it boxing, wrestling, ju-jitsu, karate etc.

UFC 215 main event involves Valentina Shevchenko who is a highly decorated muay thai and kickboxing champion..17 world titles iirc.

6 hours ago, Amato72 said:

UFC 215 main event involves Valentina Shevchenko who is a highly decorated muay thai and kickboxing champion..17 world titles iirc.

Aye, she's a woman as well.

Archived