Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

5 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Floyd's not knocked anyone out in years, can't see him knocking out McGregor.

Will go all the way and Floyd will win it on points.

Mostly because he spent that last few years of his career successfully avoiding being knocked out by the world's most elite boxers across several weight divisions and outpointing them because that was his safest strategy. 

If he doesn't stop McGregor it's because he's toying with him or there's some dodgy shit going on to stage some version of a contest for 12 rounds. 

And there's another point. Is this 12 rounds? If it is then McGregor has never done that either. He was pretty shit when Diaz dragged him into the late rounds in the octagon. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Floyd's not knocked anyone out in years, can't see him knocking out McGregor.

Will go all the way and Floyd will win it on points.

Floyd hasn't fought an amateur boxer in years either. 

For all of those who are saying it's just an exhibition fight can I please ask you all to take a minute to remember the horrors that were inflicted on us when Apollo Creed fought Ivan Drago in what was supposed to be an exhibition fight.

"If he dies, he dies."

This fight [emoji110]️[emoji97] [emoji110]️[emoji97]

Thing is will it be a 'fight' or a staged 'sporting entertainment event'.....would mayweather genuinely drop him first chance he gets....or will he drag it out for commercial reasons? ?

23 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

If Nate Diaz can punch him that much that he ultimately surrenders on the floor then I'm pretty sure Floyd can knock him out.....if he wants to.

What a load of shite, Floyd wins hands down but to compare this to any of the diaz fights is quite frankly a load of garbage.

Conor has already won, he's talked his way to the biggest pay day of his life. Can't believe how many people he's actually fooled to make this fight happen. 

I doubt he actually thinks he can win, doubt he actually cares either. 

He'll be chasing shadows for 12 rounds or until Money knocks him out. I'm a McGregor fan but it's staggering how many people think he's got a chance. 

How do his odds (4/1) compare to actual boxers that Mayweather has faced?

Conor has already won, he's talked his way to the biggest pay day of his life. Can't believe how many people he's actually fooled to make this fight happen. 

I doubt he actually thinks he can win, doubt he actually cares either. 

He'll be chasing shadows for 12 rounds or until Money knocks him out. I'm a McGregor fan but it's staggering how many people think he's got a chance. 

How do his odds (4/1) compare to actual boxers that Mayweather has faced?

I don't profess to know much about either sport or fighter and I'm very much just a casual fan but I'd assume the odds would be smaller than they probably should be at the bookies due to the number of people who will throw 10s and 20s on McGregor.

For what it's worth I think it will be fought as a legitimate contest although I fully expect Mayweather to win. As said by another poster though any puncher has a chance so Conor could land one on him but that's his only chance.

Conor really can't lose (unless badly injured). If he somehow flukes a win he will no doubt call himself the best of all time and if he loses then he's far richer than he was this time last week and he'll be able to walk back into MMA and command far more money than he has before.

I've never paid for a fight but I will for this one.

46 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Why do they not have a round of boxing and then a round of ufc?

2 rounds WBA 3 rounds UFC 1 round IBF.

10 hours ago, Disco30 said:

What a load of shite, Floyd wins hands down but to compare this to any of the diaz fights is quite frankly a load of garbage.

Why ? What's wrong with comparing him to when he got punched about from an amateur slugger in Nate Diaz ? Mayweather will punch him about as well.

4 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

Why ? What's wrong with comparing him to when he got punched about from an amateur slugger in Nate Diaz ? Mayweather will punch him about as well.

https://goo.gl/images/PnTNUz

Who outboxed who?

Nate Diaz is hardly an amateur slugger. In relative terms he's actually an excellent boxer. He spars regularly with Andre Ward.

And having said that, Conor absolutely lit him up on the feet in both fights - until his gas tank failed. Conor just doesn't have good cardio. That will absolutely count against him in the later rounds against Floyd but it won't affect him for the first 4 rounds or so. 

Neither are close to Mayweather in boxing skill, however. 

1 hour ago, BradHorse said:

https://goo.gl/images/PnTNUz

Who outboxed who?

Nate Diaz is hardly an amateur slugger. In relative terms he's actually an excellent boxer. He spars regularly with Andre Ward.

And having said that, Conor absolutely lit him up on the feet in both fights - until his gas tank failed. Conor just doesn't have good cardio. That will absolutely count against him in the later rounds against Floyd but it won't affect him for the first 4 rounds or so. 

Neither are close to Mayweather in boxing skill, however. 

I was talking about the part where Conor had to go to ground against a black belt in Ju-Jitsu because he was getting his face punched in. I clearly meant he's an amateur boxer (at best) as is Conor. Have you seen his latest sparring session against a pro boxer ? LOL. My point was that although Mayweather hasn't knocked out anybody in years he's more than capable of knocking out an amateur like Conor. As for gassing, he'll be physically done in no time chasing shadows. I have no doubt Mayweather will drag it out for entertainment but Conor doesn't belong anywhere near a boxing ring.

16 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

I was talking about the part where Conor had to go to ground against a black belt in Ju-Jitsu because he was getting his face punched in. I clearly meant he's an amateur boxer (at best) as is Conor. Have you seen his latest sparring session against a pro boxer ? LOL. My point was that although Mayweather hasn't knocked out anybody in years he's more than capable of knocking out an amateur like Conor. As for gassing, he'll be physically done in no time chasing shadows. I have no doubt Mayweather will drag it out for entertainment but Conor doesn't belong anywhere near a boxing ring.

I mean... I agree with your general opinion in regards to Mayweather schooling Conor but you're just not accurately assessing the Diaz fights at all.

Again - Mayweather fans - he's only 1/6 right now. 

If you're all as sure as you say you are then I'd advise getting some money down. Feel free to post bet slips too!

Archived