Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

I think the boxing purists (or pretentious wankers) were shitting themselves in those opening rounds.

I heard McGregor say it was stopped early.... but i think one minute more and he would have been proper KO'd 

The correct term is 'boxing w****r', thank you.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Sorry, but that's only an 8.5 on the "really stupid and unintentionally hilarious" scale. Not a patch on your first effort. Please try harder. Maybe a suggestion that McGregor will beat the winner of GGG v Canelo, something like that will get you back on track. Good luck.

Being a patronising c**t doesnae make ye right & me wrong. It just makes ye a patronising c**t.

On 7/14/2017 at 12:11, xNicola_Ghirl1888x said:

Boxing fans pure triggered because a UFC fighter might knock out the best boxer of all time at his own sport. Dinnae be snobby about it, McGregor started off boxing & he's a killer puncher. He's gonna land shots on Mayweather eventually & when he does it's night night Floyd.

On 7/14/2017 at 16:23, xNicola_Ghirl1888x said:

Floyd Mayweather is a 40 year old man who hasnae fought for around 2 years. His hands were getting worse every year before he retired so how can we know what state they're in now? Points of reference that you're talking about are pointless because this isnae gonna be that Floyd Mayweather.

Conor McGregor is a fucking machine & an athlete in his fighting prime. He puts people to sleep & is used to winning fights that 'experts' say he's got no chance in. He's got all the momentum behind him & this is a fight Floyd wouldnae be taking if he didnae have a massive tax bill around his neck.

:whistle

Being a patronising c**t doesnae make ye right & me wrong. It just makes ye a patronising c**t.

Look, McGregor did well in the sense he bagged 100 million. Mayweather was always in control of that fight and had many gears not utilised. Perhaps McGregor did win a couple of early rounds; but if it had been a 3 round contest only; he would have won none.
It was a show; and that's all. Connor would have been soundly beaten by any competent professional boxer in that division.

Watched the fight again there and considering how wrecked I was last night I may as well just say I watched the fight for the first time.

Anyway... I think c***s are being a bit harsh on McGregor. He won the first 2 rounds handily and I'd give him round 3 as well but I can see an argument against it. He absolutely gassed after that and Mayweather just took over and dominated but McGregor hardly embarrassed himself or anything.

He did alright. 

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

Floyd Mayweather won an MMA bout last night imo.

DIQrs95UMAAAD7w.jpg

Scott Ross would have done better than McGregor.

In case anyone doesn't know who Scott Ross is -

Scott Ross, it would appear, does not have a future at Peterhead after boss Jim McInally stated he would no longer consider the defender for selection following his red card in the Blue Toon's defeat to League 2 pacesetters Stirling Albion.

The 26 year old, after being cautioned in the first period, was shown a second yellow for a flailing elbow in the 73rd minute.

That was the eighth dismissal for Ross during his time at the club and McInally, post-match, claimed his patience had run out.

All the stuff about McGregor's punch stats and winning a round are meaningless.  He looked awful - his stance looked amateurish, his hands were waving about, his chin was in the air.  He was fighting a guy who he was miles bigger than but he couldn't get anywhere close to hurting him or using his weight and size as an advantage. He was also fighting someone who is a boxer not a puncher and doesn't generally win by knockout.  If he'd been fighting someone who was a bigger puncher he'd have had his head taken off.

Good on him for giving it a go and not disgracing himself but it wasn't a good performance and if he fought any other decent boxer he'd lose.

Archived