East Region South League 2017/8

pumphy_man

1 hour ago, topsider said:

Swings and roundabouts guys. Form will come and go with different seasons.

Going into abeyance is not the answer imo.

Wasn’t too long ago Pumphy were the whipping boys getting scudded 8 or 9 -0 some weeks. Where are they now?? Things can change pretty quickly in junior football

Am sure Pumphy was a different story tho, and Pumphy Man will keep me right but they became whipping boys in the Premier League after getting promoted then their manager left for Bathgate and took a lot of players and sponsorship ! Am sure that’s what happened. 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Doctor 46 said:

Am sure Pumphy was a different story tho, and Pumphy Man will keep me right but they became whipping boys in the Premier League after getting promoted then their manager left for Bathgate and took a lot of players and sponsorship ! Am sure that’s what happened. 

Your spot on Doc,after what happened as you mentioned we thought about shutting up shop,we needed more volunteers to hrlp us out and were struggling to find a replacement and we took on Mattie Coulter who had to start with a clean slate with basically no players.We actually wanted to stay down in the bottom tier but Mattie wanted us to take our place in the Premier league,that didn't turn out to well as you say we had a few drubbings that season and got some new blood in to help run the club.Craig Martin has stabilised the club since he took over and has done fantastic just missing out on promotion and so far so good this season at the top of the table.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow Doc,after our late call off last week we trotted off to West Calder to watch your side.Were you there last week? If your there tomorrow come and say hi if you know who I am.

Your spot on Doc,after what happened as you mentioned we thought about shutting up shop,we needed more volunteers to hrlp us out and were struggling to find a replacement and we took on Mattie Coulter who had to start with a clean slate with basically no players.We actually wanted to stay down in the bottom tier but Mattie wanted us to take our place in the Premier league,that didn't turn out to well as you say we had a few drubbings that season and got some new blood in to help run the club.Craig Martin has stabilised the club since he took over and has done fantastic just missing out on promotion and so far so good this season at the top of the table.
Looking forward to the fame tomorrow Doc,after our late call off last week we trotted off to West Calder to watch your side.Were you there last week? If your there tomorrow come and say hi if you know who I am.
I hope the fame's good big man

30 minutes ago, pumphy_man said:

Looking forward to the game tomorrow Doc,after our late call off last week we trotted off to West Calder to watch your side.Were you there last week? If your there tomorrow come and say hi if you know who I am.

Yip a was there last week a seen the Pumphy guys coming in and talking to Gaz!

Wont be there tomorrow as working all weekend but will be in touch for updates from ma mate! Let’s firstly hope the games on and secondly for a good home win ! All the best! 

Mr Illustrious & JohnnyB85, you guys are making it quite obvious you are either involved in the club or have friends on the committee/management.

I was a player for all of last season, so I can explain everything from inside the club.

Under Andy/Lee we had a good season and finished in a good place. With a lack of money and a few players moving to higher junior sides a squad was made with youth and some ammy boys to go along with what was already there and we had a decent squad.

Under Lee that season 11 games 5 draws. Yes no wins but we had more points after 11 games than the new management team has had since being in charge which is well into the 30s, possibly 40 odd games.

When the new management came in everyone gave it a go, but gradually players kept leaving as the standard wasn’t great of the players being brought in and what was on offer from the management. Eventually every player left. Most have went on to other junior sides, with others going to good ammy sides.

Now you 2 can slate us for not winning a game in 11 but the one game the new management team won was early in his time with lees full squad. As soon as they brought in their own boys they have got worse massively.

Say what u want about last years squad but this years stats don’t lie, it’s a joke. I do agree things have been going to far but I think we all just want best for ym. If things aren’t going to change then fine let’s get on with it and hopefully the team picks up. No one wants to see them die

What’s even  more obvious Fifer7 , is you haven’t got a grasp of what’s going on. The only people slating the team are the ones trying to oust the current regime. I don’t know about JB85 but I’m a lifelong fan which with respect  means I’ve forgotten more about the YM  than any kid who’s spent one season at the club can ever recall. The bullying tactics being employed by individuals who have had their opportunity at the club and failed miserably are far more embarrassing than the results and their return is not welcome. Anyone who thinks otherwise probably believes that ISIS fighters returning from Syria should be reintegrated into society.

Craig Ness recently relieved of his post at Lochgelly wants a return to the YM ...TRUE

The current chairman has refused his advances and explained his decision...TRUE

Craigs brother(the flying pig)then comes on here to stir up some support for him...TRUE

Ex manager (Raith) largely responsible for our recent demise got  in on the act...TRUE

Care to explain what’s coming across as false or would you like me to do that too?

My point in all of this was to try and shut raith up as he has had more than too much to say, especially when he done such a bad job before the new manager came in. Lees time as manager was total crap from start to finish. The team Andy left needed some experienced players to push them on a wee bit, so what does raith do... brings in "the best youth players in fife". I dont think he realises just how big a part he actually plays in the demise of Kirkcaldy Ym!!

As a player that played last season Fifer7 why do you think Lee failed to win a single game? I personally think the committee missed a trick by not appointing the English guy that was helping Lee. Seemed to know his stuff and from what I've heard is also a good man and a good coach with all the certificates to go with it.

You must be one delighted fan with what’s on show these days then eh. Bet you enjoy going to denfield every week lol. I don’t care who’s bullying who or who said what to be honest, nothing to do with me. But it’s junior football there’s no bullying, take things on the chin and improve the club. If the clubs being humiliated every week then questions will be asked. The way it works unfortunately

Johnnyb85 they’ve signed a whole new squad, all players from Sunday league or bottom division amateur league. They aren’t good enough for a junior by a country mile. I know it’s difficult to get good players without money but u need to have a look at good amateur players and go for them, not raid the lowest league for poor players then expect a miracle. Not easy to do it but got to try put the work in.

In terms of what I took from the management team from my time with them, nice people, no way am I slagging them personally at all. But in terms of coaching I felt the standard of training wasn’t great and I think they are out their depth at that level. But fair play to them for being ambitious and taking on the opportunity and having a plan from the start, but unfortunately it hasn’t worked out at all and I fear the worst for the club.

Rome wasn't built in a day though. I take my hat off to the staff for sticking by it when they could VERY easily do a Lee Rough and run away when the chips are down!
The club need help, i just hope they can get someone in to help that they can trust. Not someone that just wants to take over and kick them out. All it takes is 2 or 3 decent players to sign then another few could maybe join etc etc.
It also annoys me when i see players from last season on social media slating the coaching staff and the club when they were the ones on the park at the end of the day. I hope your not one of them as that certainly isn't helping. The worst thing about them saying what they have been is that funnily enough they weren't even any of the handful that were actually decent players. They wouldn't look out of place playing sunday amatuer themselves!

I admire their determination to succeed, but I also hope they don’t be too stubborn to accept help or accept when someone else may be able to take the club forward. The club needs help and I don’t know what that help is, but I hope they get it as it would be a disaster to see the club die.

I’ve kept out of taking sides on social media for various reasons but what I would say is everyone is allowed a opinion and if I’m honest I haven’t seen anything out of order or that. I am surprised at how blown up the whole situation has become though. Think You are being harsh, all players from last years squad would walk into that team now, and A lot of that squad have continued at junior, some at a really high level, and others having success at amateur.

Anyway, here’s hoping the club can recover, improve and move forward

Kirkcaldy ym beat of Falkland ammys today 2.1. The ammys had more than 8 boys missing today and missed 2 penalties...Sad affairs at the ym!!!

Unbelievable that they lost too them

They are a poor Ammie team tbh we took ten off Falkland pre season and they were brutal.

For what it`s worth (and looking from a distance) anybody who is committed too the club at a time like this when things aren`t great, results are poor etc etc deserve massive credit. It`s the easiest thing in the world to say f**k it I`m off when things get tough or results don`t go for you. It`s also the easiest thing in the world to criticize clubs when they go through bad times.

So the people who are without a doubt looking to do the best for the club not only now but in the future deserve massive respect and likewise the players. If the players keep turning up and stick together when times are particularly bad then they will get the benefits in the future when things started to get better for them. Seen so many times before. Good luck to everybody involved with them.

Archived