East Region South League 2017/8

pumphy_man

A honestly had thought it could have got abit tasty cos Harthill like to put themselves about and the big guys from Easthouses wouldn't like that.
Good result for you today!

Haha we aren't like that anymore mate, lucky if the team today averaged 5ft 10[emoji23]

Good win though. Played well the last three weeks, won 2 and should have beaten oakley. Hopefully on the up now!!

Agree with you, no much chat on here anymore. Always quiet

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pumpherston 6 Stoneyburn  0

Pumphy cruised to victory yesterday an early goal from Wilkins was added to by Shaw Wilkins and Nicholson for a 4-0 half time lead.Nicholson grabbed his second after the break and substitute Sneddon grabbed a late goal to complete the scoring.

Tough three weeks ahead now with two visits over the bridge to Lochgelly then Oakley and a visit from Crossgates.

Primrose team now starting to gel, holidays and injuries clearing, now looking forward to a challenging season ahead.

Primrose 10 v Kirkcaldy YM 0

Boys were ruthless yesterday and it could easily have been more, some really good goals as well, it will however be a different story this week as we welcome Linlithgow Rose in F&L Cup!!

What’s happening at Kirkcaldy? They have really struggled this season and are taking pounding after pounding. You have to fear for their future if it carries on like that, on the back of the vandalism they’ve suffered. Tough times.

What’s happening at Kirkcaldy? They have really struggled this season and are taking pounding after pounding. You have to fear for their future if it carries on like that, on the back of the vandalism they’ve suffered. Tough times.

I managed the team at the start of last season until Nov. Built a good young squad but results proved difficult to come bye although we drew 50% of our games and lost tge others but competed well. With little off field support there was no other option than resign. The new manager "allegedly" slaughtered the players week after week incl there end of season awstds night which resulted in them all moving on to better teams.

The new manager seems to be utilising ammys from lower levels which shows in the results.

Gutted to see what's going on down there as I'm a local boy but nothing will change on and off the park in the short/medium term imo.

36 minutes ago, Raith said:

I managed the team at the start of last season until Nov. Built a good young squad but results proved difficult to come bye although we drew 50% of our games and lost tge others but competed well. With little off field support there was no other option than resign. The new manager "allegedly" slaughtered the players week after week incl there end of season awstds night which resulted in them all moving on to better teams.

The new manager seems to be utilising ammys from lower levels which shows in the results.

Gutted to see what's going on down there as I'm a local boy but nothing will change on and off the park in the short/medium term imo.

It's not nice to see a team get destroyed week after week like what's happening at the moment at Kirkcaldy.  They've not the best of luck will things happening to their facilities there either. If what your saying is the truth it's time the committee said enough is enough while they still have a junior team and bring someone in that can bring in abit of quality and pride.

Never easy to run a team and compete every week but hopefully things will turn round for them after we play them in a couple of weeks. 

Am sure by now everyone will have had a look at their Scottish Cup draw, what’s your thoughts on it?

We have a tricky home tie against Scone Th ,  a good Blackburn team beat them up there 4-2 only a month ago in the East of Scotland Cup and their sitting in a decent 4th place in the league so should be a good game.

53 minutes ago, The Doctor 46 said:

Am sure by now everyone will have had a look at their Scottish Cup draw, what’s your thoughts on it?

We have a tricky home tie against Scone Th ,  a good Blackburn team beat them up there 4-2 only a month ago in the East of Scotland Cup and their sitting in a decent 4th place in the league so should be a good game.

I wasn't at the game, but by all accounts they are quite a physical team not afraid to put themselves about.

Big rugby player up front likes to put himself about. If he wasn't so interested in arguing with people he would be a decent player. Good at holding the ball up tho.

13 hours ago, budgie smuggler said:

Big rugby player up front likes to put himself about. If he wasn't so interested in arguing with people he would be a decent player. Good at holding the ball up tho.

Ffs don’t call them rugby players Jambob fae Easthouses will be reaching for the Prozac to calm himself doon !

A lot of big games on today, for us we have Bo’ness visit Hermand Park I think maybe for the first time, we tried to get this game changed to Thu or Fri or even an earlier kick off however with them playing in the big boys league, they didn’t feel like the had to accommodate us so it goes ahead at 2:30 today.

Good luck to all the South Division teams today in the cup and unlucky to Easthouses who by all accounts gave a more than decent performance against Bonnyrigg last night only getting beat by the old goal.

And to big Fyffie, enjoy ur final days of freedom big man, keep ur trousers on and watch oot for dirty women.

9 hours ago, The Doctor 46 said:

A lot of big games on today, for us we have Bo’ness visit Hermand Park I think maybe for the first time, we tried to get this game changed to Thu or Fri or even an earlier kick off however with them playing in the big boys league, they didn’t feel like the had to accommodate us so it goes ahead at 2:30 today.

Good luck to all the South Division teams today in the cup and unlucky to Easthouses who by all accounts gave a more than decent performance against Bonnyrigg last night only getting beat by the old goal.

And to big Fyffie, enjoy ur final days of freedom big man, keep ur trousers on and watch oot for dirty women.

Who would have benefitted from a Thursday or Friday game?  On the first date Scotland were playing and you would have lost out on visiting gate money on either day i'm sure.  Nothing to do with 'big boys league'.  That attitude does you no favours.

As for the game itself, Bo'ness were mighty lucky, obviously.  I thought David Love took his goal very well and showed he should be playing at a higher level.  I remember your number 7 Mauchen as being a team mate of Zander Miller at Falkirk Athletic and he has improved from his amateur days.  Play like you did in the first 45 for the rest of the season, then you will certainly be in the promotion mix.

Looks like most, if not all teams from the south league gave a good account of themselves in the cup. Crossgates defeated 1-0, Edinburgh united going through on pens, ourselves pushing bonnyrigg to the last minutes. Better league than a lot give credit for!

Who would have benefitted from a Thursday or Friday game?  On the first date Scotland were playing and you would have lost out on visiting gate money on either day i'm sure.  Nothing to do with 'big boys league'.  That attitude does you no favours.
As for the game itself, Bo'ness were mighty lucky, obviously.  I thought David Love took his goal very well and showed he should be playing at a higher level.  I remember your number 7 Mauchen as being a team mate of Zander Miller at Falkirk Athletic and he has improved from his amateur days.  Play like you did in the first 45 for the rest of the season, then you will certainly be in the promotion mix.

Friday night game benefits the smaller team. Bigger gate, as Easthouses seen last night. Fact

Lochgelly 3 Pumpherston 3 

A share of the spoils at Gardiners Park Pumphy took the lead after 15 minute with a stunning strike from 20 yards.Lochgelly grabbed the equaliser just before ht.The hosts took the lead but that was shortlived as Darren Carroll fired home of the post.Pumphy regained the lead from a Derek Shaw strike from 8 yards.However Lochgelly snatched a last minute equaliser for a share of the points.

11 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Firstly we would have benefited from the game  being played on a different day why do you think we asked for it? It wasn’t because we thought “ listen guys there’s nothing on the tele on Friday night how do you fancy a bounce game wi Bo’ness ‘  We were missing players  so we had asked that the fixture was moved, and as Easthouses proved it was a big success the only difference was that Bonnyrigg showed class and agreed where sadly Bo’ness are classless on and off the park.

When you have experienced players your      ( No2) threatening to “ break yer fucking leg” to a 17 year old boy in only his second junior start it’s time a reality check was done. Am pretty sure some of the decent gents that follow your team would be disgusted if they had heard that. Bottom line you let yourselves down and let’s face it your no Linlithgow Rose!  

Anyway as far as the game went it was totally a game of two halves, we dominated the first and Bo’ness did the second.

Everyone that pulled on a Cauther top yesterday can be very proud of themselves! 

Archived