East Region South League 2017/8

pumphy_man

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Oakley will be up there as well think it could be even tighter this season.Not sure the quality Easthouses have signed so they might in with a shout, Craigroyston have basically signed a whole new team.

Oakley will be up there as well think it could be even tighter this season.Not sure the quality Easthouses have signed so they might in with a shout, Craigroyston have basically signed a whole new team.

Think this could be a very tight league with a good number of teams in with a shout. Two weeks until it all begins[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Thewhitepele said:

This threads awful quiet without burnieman haha!

See Stoneyburn have had two home friendlies in the last week postponed...game this weekend in doubt I would imagine, not an ideal start to the season if so!

Can't help the weather mate unfortunately  . They played Blackburn last night and held there own for a long time , went ahead actually . Finished 2-1 .  Still a few lads to come in for Saturday . Fingers crossed things come together and we improve again this year . Always a tough game against easthouses though . Very tough .

1 hour ago, Thewhitepele said:

This threads awful quiet without burnieman haha!

See Stoneyburn have had two home friendlies in the last week postponed...game this weekend in doubt I would imagine, not an ideal start to the season if so!

I miss you guys.........the Premierleague is much quieter........

We beat Stoneyburn 2-1 last night in a hurriedly arranged game, a bit of a pick 'n mix team from us as we only had 12 players plus our U19 keeper, but to be fair Stoneyburn also had a fair few trialists. They took the lead and done OK actually, it's always a tough game for us against them regardless of circumstances although we passed up a few chances to win more comfortably.

I'd say that for most teams they wont be easy beats at home, but they might struggle to stay away from the bottom two or three.  That said, whether you get a game or not on Saturday depends on the weather, their friendly on Tuesday night was cancelled, same on Saturday, due to waterlogged pitch and it aint been dry today.

Can't help the weather mate unfortunately  . They played Blackburn last night and held there own for a long time , went ahead actually . Finished 2-1 .  Still a few lads to come in for Saturday . Fingers crossed things come together and we improve again this year . Always a tough game against easthouses though . Very tough .

Big boy mooney done well upfront on his own last night. Hard to believe he is only 17 and has the potential to do well.

Decent enough bunch of guys at stoneyburn and I hope they do well, although I would expect a bottom half finish this season for them.

I know mate not been the best of summers has it!! Don't expect any easy games in this league at any point, but even more so away from home. Looking forward to (hopefully) getting the season underway on Saturday. Been a long break. [emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

On 8/6/2017 at 19:37, Football expert said:

Who do we think are favourites to gain promotion to the superleague and are most likely to go down ? Be interesting to see how the new teams coming up do this season...

Should this not be in Premier league thread 

Archived