Show us yer 2017/2018 Strips

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Our new home kit should be revealed this week judging by Twitter. It better still be white, I'll be seething if we end up back in yellowy orange.

I thought the teaser pic was the new one but looking at it again it might be last seasons.

DCTGJcHXYAUAHje.jpg:large

1 minute ago, microdave said:

I thought the teaser pic was the new one but looking at it again it might be last seasons.

DCTGJcHXYAUAHje.jpg:large

I thought that at first, but I'm fairly sure that's just last seasons on the guard-dummy at the front door. Haven't inspected my current home top close enough to decide either way though.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I thought that at first, but I'm fairly sure that's just last seasons on the guard-dummy at the front door. Haven't inspected my current home top close enough to decide either way though.

Had a look at a pic from last season and it's last season's kit on the dummy.

vaughan1.jpg

I wonder how much the strips influence the players, even subliminally. That Dumbarton strip last year looked superb - the players probably felt good pulling that on. Similarly, Pars' strip the previous season was glorious - we looked like champions before a ball was kicked. We had an all black third kit back in the mid 90s and had some glorious matches in it - we looked like a right suave gang in it.

14 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I wonder how much the strips influence the players, even subliminally. That Dumbarton strip last year looked superb - the players probably felt good pulling that on. Similarly, Pars' strip the previous season was glorious - we looked like champions before a ball was kicked. We had an all black third kit back in the mid 90s and had some glorious matches in it - we looked like a right suave gang in it.

And on the other side of the spectrum...

01FFF901000004B0-3919872-image-a-34_1478

It's absolutely true. I knew before a ball was kicked in 2009/10 that we would be relegated just by looking at the strip. Far too much white in it. This year's all navy Bairns number is a mean, down to business, no frills machine in football strip form.

#notoverthinkingthis

#probablyamactually

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It's absolutely true. I knew before a ball was kicked in 2009/10 that we would be relegated just by looking at the strip. Far too much white in it. This year's all navy Bairns number is a mean, down to business, no frills machine in football strip form.

#notoverthinkingthis

#probablyamactually

My heart sank when I saw last season's strip. Too much red. Too fussy. The swagger from the previous year was gone.

Those who have seen this year's are gushing in their praise of it. 

#notoverthinkingthis
#probablyamactually

Every St Mirren fan knew we would be relegated when this was released.......(add in a Tommy Craig managerial appointment for good measure)

377741aac14c1c6ad8abe124e5d22382.jpg

I really don't get the hate for our away top. I don't think it looks any more like a golf shirt than any other football top does (witness the fact Ian Poulter once wore an Arsenal top as a golf shirt in a European Tour event). I think it's the best away top we've had in a very long time personally (pending the fact I haven't seen one with a sponsor logo on it yet).
The home one is growing on me. Initially I didn't think it was as good as this years (as far as I know it's exactly the same fabric incidentally so shouldn't be a different colour) but the more I see it, the more I like it.

Is the badge still on the back of the top?

4 hours ago, QosLoyal said:

Is the badge still on the back of the top?

It was on the front instead on the sample one. I haven't seen the completed replicas yet though.

Edit - Checked tonight. The badge within the fabric is on the front with the real badge in the middle of it rather than on the back.

Archived