Ante Post Betting 2017/2018

Whats everyone's tips pre season for the new season ahead then? 

So far I'm looking at Huddersfield to get relegated 4/7, Burton to get relegated 15/8 Blackburn to be promoted 15/8, Coventry 9/4 or Luton 2/1 ? To be promoted. 

Looked at Hartlepool 6/1 for promotion but difficult league 

Haven't seen many lower Scottish league odds yet? 

Obviously could throw a Celtic in at various odds from 1/9 to 1/14. 

Thoughts...... 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic to win the treble was around 5/1 on McBookie (priced individually).

I feel the English Championship could be quite open again. Plumped for Sheffield Wednesday last season though.

Might check out MK Dons for League one winners/ (ew).

Speculative bet on Birmingham at 30/1 as seen they're linked with john terry and even if they don't get him I'd imaging redknapp will have some money. Such an open league, 16/1 for sunderland seems huge too but early days.

Sheffield Wednesday might not be far away again, and Fulham are on the last of their parachute payments so might make a push. But yes, the championship is a bit of a lottery this season.

On 6/17/2017 at 09:37, C. Muir said:

Stranraer 25/1 could be worth something e/w. Made some solid signings so far. 

Such as? That forum doesn't seem to have a transfers/squad list thread so it's a pain in the arse to find any information. 

Stenny at 8/1. Apparently they lack wide players at the moment but i dont think their fans have yet realised how much better their squad is on paper than the rest of the league. Peterhead may challenge and Clyde will likely be in around the play off spots on the virtue of having Goodwillie, but its clear where the value in the three lies

• 2 weeks later...

Not holding out much hope tbh, my record on these is poor. Elgin have been there or thereabouts the last couple of seasons but have had promotion killing drop offs in form. Inverness bounced straight back last time and will have a decent parachute chest. From following Raith's twitter feed today it seems their new signings are blending well. Man U improved over last season and Mourinho achieved his declared objective. I'd be better sticking a pin in a donkey probably.

outright.JPG.dead3e95ce1cb6c94eae22b09869024e.JPG

Did a Yankee as well.

Aberdeen 5/2 at Hills without Celtic,lost players but good signings Greg Stewart especially,Hard to know what Rangers will turn up but apart from Dorrans look short of quality .Also Fancy Dundee Utd at 9-4 and Wolves Top 6 2/1 also at Hills given their signings ,also trying to resign adobe from Bournemouth.

Dundee United 9/4

Raith 6/4

Montrose 10/1.

Feel good about the top two. Montrose is obviously the gamble here, but they finished the season strongly and seemed to have recruited a defender in Dillon which they've needed judging by their goal difference and apparently they have a bit of money to spend.

• 2 weeks later...

Man City 15/8
'Boro to be Promoted 2/1
Tranmere 3/1
Rangers (minus Celtic) 4/6
Dundee Utd 2/1

Fired £30 on that for a £5k+ return. Hopefully give me some excitement in the latter part of the season.

2 for interest with a couple free bets

Ryan Christie at 80's seems a decent ew bet for the spl
Waiting to see anymore transfers before putting my final league bets on but steering towards

Prem - Man Utd to win, Southampton to finish bottom 6
Championship - Villa/Fulham to win, Cardiff top 6
League 1 - Blackburn/Portsmouth, Scunthorpe to make the playoffs
League 2 - Coventry, Wycombe to make the playoffs
SPL -Aberdeen W/O Celtic, Hamilton to be Relegated
Championship - Falkirk
Eredivisie - PSV
Serie A - AC Milan to finish top 3IMG_1501719326.054489.jpgIMG_1501719339.354044.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

None of the Scottish clubs really calling out to me to back them... fancy Celtic but their odds are pish and reckon Ayr will go up but with only one automatic place you never know.

You're tempting me throw some more money away at Juventus, decent odds, and making a couple of changes in my Scottish picks. Caley ffs, what was I thinking.

Archived