East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/17/2017 at 22:11, Casey Jones said:

Maybe they were solid, but at same time playing inferior to that of this season. Do you know if they have signed new players in the hope they are better equipped for this year?

Musselburgh easily beat them and it could have been more than 6. They have a guy at centre half called Gibby who looks older than me and I am on my way to retirement age!

The poster indicates that we were playing inferior teams last season than this season, he should also note that his team are playing inferior teams this season than last season and should note that anything other than promotion will be a failure for his team, whereas we will try and adjust to playing so called better teams as best we can and if we can finish 5th from bottom, it will be classed as successful, although we will have to improve dramatically to stay in this league. We dont have the money that some clubs say they have but we still manage to try and be competitive , although against Mussy we were outclassed by as good a team as we have played in recent seasons. Our manager has signed 5 or 6 new players but on the evidence seen so far,  I dont think from what I have seen that they are an improvement on what we had last season, still early days of course . Its a tough league, no doubt , but maybe about Xmas might be the time to reflect on how we are doing. We have not had a good start , yet we are only 3 points behind 6th place, we have played and lost to 3 teams in the top 5 , so maybe been a harder start for us than credit being given. Hopefully not conceding any goals on Saturday will be the start of us picking up again, but the manager changed his set up to combat that part of our game and it worked, although it wasnt a good game to watch, i'll take the win anytime in this league.

1 hour ago, imho said:

The poster indicates that we were playing inferior teams last season than this season, he should also note that his team are playing inferior teams this season than last season and should note that anything other than promotion will be a failure for his team, whereas we will try and adjust to playing so called better teams as best we can and if we can finish 5th from bottom, it will be classed as successful, although we will have to improve dramatically to stay in this league. We dont have the money that some clubs say they have but we still manage to try and be competitive , although against Mussy we were outclassed by as good a team as we have played in recent seasons. Our manager has signed 5 or 6 new players but on the evidence seen so far,  I dont think from what I have seen that they are an improvement on what we had last season, still early days of course . Its a tough league, no doubt , but maybe about Xmas might be the time to reflect on how we are doing. We have not had a good start , yet we are only 3 points behind 6th place, we have played and lost to 3 teams in the top 5 , so maybe been a harder start for us than credit being given. Hopefully not conceding any goals on Saturday will be the start of us picking up again, but the manager changed his set up to combat that part of our game and it worked, although it wasnt a good game to watch, i'll take the win anytime in this league.

I answered a post and I don't think I am wrong. In the main, teams in the Super League will be better than in the Premier and those in the Premier in the main will be better than those in the South League. Perhaps those in the top three of the lower league(s) could prove I'm wrong, but not until,they are promoted. The fact that Dunbar are finding it tough in the early stages of this season surely says, that, in the main, I am right.

You are also right, that for me, anything other than promotion this season will be a failure for Musselburgh, and I bet most if not all players and management would agree with me.

Tranent had a great season last year winning two cups and putting out a number of Super League teams in the process. Does that mean that they would do as well over a whole season, playing 30 matches, if they had been promoted? Who can tell, but on the evidence of their first 5 results in the Premier league this season I would doubt!

It's all about opinion and none of us can be certain as time moves by. Who is to say that if Dunbar were still in the South division this year, if they would still be top just now.

On 8/22/2017 at 19:21, patriot1 said:

With eight of the sixteen teams in the league drawn out in the 1st round of the Scottish it means everyone will have a game on the 23rd.

The fixtures are out for the 23rd.

Whoops. My addition is terrible. There are nine teams in the Scottish not eight so Downfield are the odd team out but luckily they have a GA cup tie at Blairgowrie to play so everybody is in action that weekend.

18 hours ago, imho said:

What rubbish.

Although I believe they will be promoted if they dont it wont be a failure. Have a word. Nobody has a right to win anything.

2 hours ago, The Faceman said:

What rubbish.

Although I believe they will be promoted if they dont it wont be a failure. Have a word. Nobody has a right to win anything.

You are correct that no one has a right to win anything, but if you don't achieve the target you are set or at least get near to it, is that not a failure?

In your earlier years, and mine, (maybe I'm making you older than you are, if you got an A or B or C in your exams, you got a pass. If it was below a C you failed. Likewise if your team has been set a target of top 3' and either finish 4th or 14th, 14th for me is a fail, whilst depending on how close you were to the top 3 places, that probably is also a fail. If not why are there targets and positions 'for rewards' there in the first place?

16 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

You are correct that no one has a right to win anything, but if you don't achieve the target you are set or at least get near to it, is that not a failure?

In your earlier years, and mine, (maybe I'm making you older than you are, if you got an A or B or C in your exams, you got a pass. If it was below a C you failed. Likewise if your team has been set a target of top 3' and either finish 4th or 14th, 14th for me is a fail, whilst depending on how close you were to the top 3 places, that probably is also a fail. If not why are there targets and positions 'for rewards' there in the first place?

I left school at 15 that maybe explains alot about me!

I take your point but would ask how someone from Dunbar knows the targets and budgets of Other teams. - if memory serves me correct Newtongrange posters a few years ago claimed they knew everyone elses budgets....They didn't.

I think that whatever target has been agreed not hitting it isn't a failure.

Taking your post target of a top 3 finish (for example) if they finish 4th on goal difference and win the Scottish is that that failure? 

For me the only target anyone should be set is ensuring a club is still running at the end of the season. Putting unnecessary pressure is counterproductive especially when there are so many variables throughout a season.

I left school at 15 that maybe explains alot about me!

I take your point but would ask how someone from Dunbar knows the targets and budgets of Other teams. - if memory serves me correct Newtongrange posters a few years ago claimed they knew everyone elses budgets....They didn't.

I think that whatever target has been agreed not hitting it isn't a failure.

Taking your post target of a top 3 finish (for example) if they finish 4th on goal difference and win the Scottish is that that failure? 

For me the only target anyone should be set is ensuring a club is still running at the end of the season. Putting unnecessary pressure is counterproductive especially when there are so many variables throughout a season.

That's another debate. Would players rather win the Scottish or play in the top division the following season? Interesting thought.

Not enjoying it with new management, might not be the last as the same reason they left the dale. He would fit into any team and a no brainer for any manager looking for experience.

To be fair he was shit against us. But as u say maybe not playing for the manager if not happy

3 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

That's another debate. Would players rather win the Scottish or play in the top division the following season? Interesting thought.

In terms of the targets thing we were talking about - a fair and valid point though.

To answer that question....2 sentences 

- I won promotion 

- i won the Scottish Junior Cup

Preferably both but if I had to pick - Scottish for me. You can still play teams from a higher level In the big Scottish

Ask any Hibs fan pre 2016. 

1 hour ago, kevinmfc said:

To be fair he was shit against us. But as u say maybe not playing for the manager if not happy

Was that the guy who should've been sent aff wae a shocker o a tackle kev?wisnae impressed if it was.

In terms of the targets thing we were talking about - a fair and valid point though.
- I won promotion 
Preferably both but if I had to pick - Scottish for me. You can still play teams from a higher level In the big Scottish
As a player, I always wanted to play at the highest level. If I'd won the cup before, I'd then pick promotion every time!

- I won promotion 

Hello

Cheers Toffee! Early days re league but having surpassed last years total league points already is pleasing as is the current squad that JC has assembled. 
This is a tough league and I'm sure there will be lots of surprises ahead for all teams. Looking forward to playing the Burgh however! See you behind the goals! 
Go the Hoose!!

Jamie Gill is Hale the young lad that was at Kinnoull last season? Decent player if it is him stood out in the North League

You are correct.
More business defender Connor Gray in from lochee utd

2 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Been watching tranent recently, they play very very good football. Wee lad up top is a cracking player. Defo top 3

How recently ?

Just there last 2 results have been 0-3 at home to a Tayport team forced to field it's manager and assistant, and a 0-2 reverse at home to otherwise pointless Dalkeith !!

Saying that the best team I have seen this season in Premier was Dunbar for 70 minutes of one game.

Not seen Mussy and will see Fauldhouse today.

Archived