East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Tranent have been absolutely superb in helping us out in our time of need they should be commended and praised. Yet some of the bitter stuff I've seen written is nothing short of embarrassing!!! If all junior clubs helped each other out in times of need junior football would be a stronger place.

I assume you're referring to someone else with the bitter comment.

I'm asking why Tranent are not hosting Downfield in the league match that was originally scheduled for 13th January. In the interests of getting games played I would have thought the Region would have asked both clubs to continue with this fixture in the event of the Wishaw v Downfield game being postponed again, as it was this morning.

This has hee haw to do with the situation at Fauldhouse.

I assume you're referring to someone else with the bitter comment.
I'm asking why Tranent are not hosting Downfield in the league match that was originally scheduled for 13th January. In the interests of getting games played I would have thought the Region would have asked both clubs to continue with this fixture in the event of the Wishaw v Downfield game being postponed again, as it was this morning.
This has hee haw to do with the situation at Fauldhouse.

Comments I've seen weren't on here. Plus I think after tranent put the pitch to us and got agreed by the league all before downfield was postponed again.

Would be a bit of a joke if tranent called of the fauldhouse game now. It was arranged before the the downfield game was called off. The weathers not to bad either so no reason to think the game would be off. It’s done now anyway. There will be something else to talk about tomorrow

1 minute ago, jc1 said:

Comments I've seen weren't on here. Plus I think after tranent put the pitch to us and got agreed by the league all before downfield was postponed again.

Don't disagree with any of that, my point is that if the Region were being pro-active, they would have told both Tranent and Downfield last weekend that in the event of Wishaw v Downfield being postponed again then they would play each other as scheduled (if the game was called off in reasonable time).  Now we have the strange situation of Tranent and Downfield both sitting idle whilst other clubs play a game at their ground.  No Fauldhouse's fault of course, just an odd situation.

Expanding this further, weren't Kennoway Star Hearts supposed to be starting their ground share at New Bayview in October but were told by the SJFA they couldn't change grounds mid-season. Sounded odd at the time, sounds even more odd now. Rules being made-up as they go along.

On 6/24/2017 at 08:54, onetouch said:

We had to notify the SJFA of where we would be playing our home games before the AGM and unfortunately east fife couldn't guarantee things would be in place in time for the start of new season 

we did ask if we could start the season at treaton park and move to bayview in September / October when facilities were ready but were told this wasn't an option in no uncertain terms by SJFA   We will therefore be playing from treaton park this season with a move to bayview agreed for next season and the rental fee was never an issue as we had reached an agreement with both east fife and the fife trust

I know for fact that if ours and Dunbar situation was in the West there's no rule regarding going to the same team twice. Unfortunately we have a problem with thatch on our pitch that my committee have worked so hard to fix only to be beaten by the weather

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Don't disagree with any of that, my point is that if the Region were being pro-active, they would have told both Tranent and Downfield last weekend that in the event of Wishaw v Downfield being postponed again then they would play each other as scheduled (if the game was called off in reasonable time).  Now we have the strange situation of Tranent and Downfield both sitting idle whilst other clubs play a game at their ground.  No Fauldhouse's fault of course, just an odd situation.

Expanding this further, weren't Kennoway Star Hearts supposed to be starting their ground share at New Bayview in October but were told by the SJFA they couldn't change grounds mid-season. Sounded odd at the time, sounds even more odd now. Rules being made-up as they go along.

Why does it bother you that much which match is played tomorrow at Tranent? You seem the only one on here exercised by this.

Region most likely happy by this gesture as both Fauldhouse and Dunbar have played less matches in the league than Tranent or Downfield. 

1 minute ago, Toffee fan said:

Why does it bother you that much which match is played tomorrow at Tranent? You seem the only one on here exercised by this.

Region most likely happy by this gesture as both Fauldhouse and Dunbar have played less matches in the league than Tranent or Downfield. 

With respect I think you're reading something that I haven't typed, I have no problem, go back and understand my point  :wacko:

A pro-active organisation would have made contingency plans well in advance of the Downfield game being off tomorrow to try and mitigate the chances of either them or Tranent sitting idle, that was the original fixture on 13th January afterall. Both are now sitting idle.

The Fauldhouse situation is immaterial to that.

12 minutes ago, jc1 said:

I know for fact that if ours and Dunbar situation was in the West there's no rule regarding going to the same team twice. Unfortunately we have a problem with thatch on our pitch that my committee have worked so hard to fix only to be beaten by the weather

To be honest, I agree with the East Region, you can't have clubs hosting the two league fixtures at their own ground. Undermines the fairness and integrity of the competition.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

To be honest, I agree with the East Region, you can't have clubs hosting the two league fixtures at their own ground. Undermines the fairness and integrity of the competition.

You are on a roll tonight Burnie! Dunbar weren’t twisting Fauldhouse’s arms behind their back! Fauldhouse and Dunbar were both happy at this arrangement, so what fairness and integrity was being harmed?

To an extent yes I agree but we were trying to HELP to get a fixture played and sacrafised home advantage to play the match

Pretty sure that's not the case regarding KSH.

I'd heard that East Fife were asking for too much money per match which is why it didn't happen.

Not connected to either club so that's not 100% or official, just what I'd heard

2 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

You are on a roll tonight Burnie! Dunbar weren’t twisting Fauldhouse’s arms behind their back! Fauldhouse and Dunbar were both happy at this arrangement, so what fairness and integrity was being harmed?

Well for one it's against league rules,  and for the other how is it fair to all other clubs in the league that Dunbar would be able to play Fauldhouse at home twice?

Are we trying to run the competition professionally or not?

2 minutes ago, jc1 said:

To an extent yes I agree but we were trying to HELP to get a fixture played and sacrafised home advantage to play the match

To be fair, it's not upto you to decide to sacrifice something that in turn provides advantage to someone else, that's why the rule is there. 

If Dunbar had beaten you and went on to either escape relegation by a point or scrape into the play-off spot by a point, those that they edged out would rightly complain they played one more home game and one less away game than everyone else. Unfair advantage?

4 minutes ago, Deadly said:

Pretty sure that's not the case regarding KSH.

I'd heard that East Fife were asking for too much money per match which is why it didn't happen.

Not connected to either club so that's not 100% or official, just what I'd heard

That was mentioned, but even if that wasn't the case the SJFA told them they couldn't move home matches mid season.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well for one it's against league rules,  and for the other how is it fair to all other clubs in the league that Dunbar would be able to play Fauldhouse at home twice?

Are we trying to run the competition professionally or not?

Still annoyed Dunbar pipped you to the South League title last year?

Would that one match, if it took place at Dunbar,  affected Blackburn season? Not sure about that. As said before, Fauldhouse agreed to this so it appears they would be the main team at a disadvantage.

Just now, Toffee fan said:

Still annoyed Dunbar pipped you to the South League title last year?

Would that one match, if it took place at Dunbar,  affected Blackburn season? Not sure about that. As said before, Fauldhouse agreed to this so it appears they would be the main team at a disadvantage.

You're struggling for wind-ups here, Dunbar were deserved Champions, they were the best team. 

It's not about Fauldhouse being disadvantaged, it's about another team playing more home games and less away games than everyone else. It's not a pub team league we're talking about here.

It doesn't surprise me clubs are bailing out of it frankly.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

You're struggling for wind-ups here, Dunbar were deserved Champions, they were the best team. 

It's not about Fauldhouse being disadvantaged, it's about another team playing more home games and less away games than everyone else. It's not a pub team league we're talking about here.

It doesn't surprise me clubs are bailing out of it frankly.

No wind ups from me Burnie. Just trying to understand why you seem so angry / worried / concerned about the two issues involving the Hoose! 

1 minute ago, Toffee fan said:

No wind ups from me Burnie. Just trying to understand why you seem so angry / worried / concerned about the two issues involving the Hoose! 

It was a point for discussion, doesn't bother me I'll be in St.Andrews tomorrow. 

Do you have a half-and-half shirt by the way? Hoose and Burgh, seems a bit of a love in going on here :lol:

Archived