East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Took a look at the match pics on their Facebook page and I say about 200-250 there. The cover has no more than 120-130 in there and the rest of the ground looked a bit sparse.  Still a very decent crowd though.

What a surprise, you disagreeing.. Easy 450+ actually being there is better than a picture.

What a surprise, you disagreeing.. Easy 450+ actually being there is better than a picture.

Yeah I'm allowed to do that. That's my estimate going by the pics but if over 100 left at HT as claimed then perhaps the pics were taken second half.

Yeah I'm allowed to do that. That's my estimate going by the pics but if over 100 left at HT as claimed then perhaps the pics were taken second half.

Normally get a good crowd against dunbar anyway and the fact Ian black signed and no spl games definitely made it a bigger crowd. Let’s hope every team gets a bigger turn out with folk wanting to watch Ian. Help other clubs out.

Agree, bigger crowds are good for everyone. This does raise the point though as to why clubs are not more forthcoming with “official” attendances. 

Blackburn have printed them in the programme (both home and away) for the last few seasons but I’m not aware of any other club in the East Region publicising them (I know Tayport used to). Blackburn’s are based on a headcount of everyone watching the game about 20-30 mins into the game, out with the players, coaching staff and match officials.  It would be good if other clubs did the same, these are Blackburn’s so far;

DUNDEE DOWNFIELD H 63

Bathgate Thistle A 165

Arniston Rangers A 65

WHITBURN H 141

ST ANDREWS UNITED H 83

Dalkeith Thistle A 50

Scone Thistle A 60

TAYPORT H 100

Kirriemuir Thistle A 75

Fauldhouse United A 125

HADDINGTON ATHLETIC H 114

Rosyth A 57

Musselburgh Athletic A 170

GLENROTHES H 90

Aberdeen East End A 61

Thornton Hibs A 49

Dundonald Bluebell A 115

DUNBAR UNITED H 81

COLONY PARK H 83

BATHGATE THISTLE H 183

Agree, bigger crowds are good for everyone. This does raise the point though as to why clubs are not more forthcoming with “official” attendances. 
Blackburn have printed them in the programme (both home and away) for the last few seasons but I’m not aware of any other club in the East Region publicising them (I know Tayport used to). Blackburn’s are based on a headcount of everyone watching the game about 20-30 mins into the game, out with the players, coaching staff and match officials.  It would be good if other clubs did the same, these are Blackburn’s so far;
DUNDEE DOWNFIELD H 63
Bathgate Thistle A 165
Arniston Rangers A 65
WHITBURN H 141
ST ANDREWS UNITED H 83
Dalkeith Thistle A 50
Scone Thistle A 60
TAYPORT H 100
Kirriemuir Thistle A 75
Fauldhouse United A 125
Rosyth A 57
GLENROTHES H 90
Aberdeen East End A 61
Thornton Hibs A 49
Dundonald Bluebell A 115
DUNBAR UNITED H 81
COLONY PARK H 83
BATHGATE THISTLE H 183

The only people concerned about the “official attendances are stats mad loons like your good self. [emoji23]

19 hours ago, Belter1 said:

There was definitely between 4-500 there. Was 4-0 to dunbar at half time and would easily say more than 100 folk left at half time.

Thought Tranent had a loyal support? Can't imagine it being Dunbar supporters leaving with their team up 4-0.

DUNDEE DOWNFIELD H 63
Bathgate Thistle A 165
Arniston Rangers A 65
WHITBURN H 141
ST ANDREWS UNITED H 83
Dalkeith Thistle A 50
Scone Thistle A 60
TAYPORT H 100
Kirriemuir Thistle A 75
Fauldhouse United A 125
Rosyth A 57
GLENROTHES H 90
Aberdeen East End A 61
Thornton Hibs A 49
Dundonald Bluebell A 115
DUNBAR UNITED H 81
COLONY PARK H 83
BATHGATE THISTLE H 183

Looks like they only come out to watch the big teams [emoji39][emoji23]

Interesting to see. Have you noticed a steady increase/decrease over the few seasons you've been keeping track?

1 hour ago, Bathgate_Exile said:

Looks like they only come out to watch the big teams emoji39.pngemoji23.png

Interesting to see. Have you noticed a steady increase/decrease over the few seasons you've been keeping track?

We have noticed a steady increase since we move to the new place.  Without a doubt 5-6 years ago before the move we'd still be struggling to top 30/40 most games.

21 hours ago, Fifes finest said:
On 1/10/2018 at 10:28, imho said:

No way was there 450 there you must have the sevilla calculator if i was you id be hoping there wasn't 450 there as no many will go back after that pumping

Youre right, I wont be going back to watch Tranent, well ,until Dunbar play them again. 

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:41, imho said:

Youre right, I wont be going back to watch Tranent, well ,until Dunbar play them again. 

Sooner than you expected in fact......

I see Fauldhouse are playing Dunbar at Tranent tomorrow, however Tranent were originally scheduled to be playing Downfield if Downfield’s Junior Cup game at Wishaw had been settled.  With that game being called off again this morning, why aren’t Tranent hosting Downfield as originally scheduled?

I also see it has upset more than a few connected to the Tranent community club.

Sooner than you expected in fact......
I see Fauldhouse are playing Dunbar at Tranent tomorrow, however Tranent were originally scheduled to be playing Downfield if Downfield’s Junior Cup game at Wishaw had been settled.  With that game being called off again this morning, why aren’t Tranent hosting Downfield as originally scheduled?
I also see it has upset more than a few connected to the Tranent community club.

Tranent have been absolutely superb in helping us out in our time of need they should be commended and praised. Yet some of the bitter stuff I've seen written is nothing short of embarrassing!!! If all junior clubs helped each other out in times of need junior football would be a stronger place.

Archived