East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

Tayport 2 St Andrews 3

I wasn't at the game as I was working but Saints came from losing an early goal to taking a 3-1 lead. However I am reliably informed that Tayport should have had a late equaliser but the ref/assistant didn't see the ball crossing the line.

Still a good three points for Saints with none of the other top sides winning.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haddington lucky to get a point today gifted them a couple goals will be glad to get a point  on the run of play. 

Have to agree with that. Haddington won’t believe their luck going home with that point. Some errors have cost Thornton the points. Watched yous a few times this year and yous certainly have a strong squad and play some great stuff. Just some individual errors to erase. Someone watching over the HiHis today for sure [emoji1303][emoji460]️

20 minutes ago, Football expert said:

Have to agree with that. Haddington won’t believe their luck going home with that point. Some errors have cost Thornton the points. Watched yous a few times this year and yous certainly have a strong squad and play some great stuff. Just some individual errors to erase. Someone watching over the HiHis today for sure emoji1303.pngemoji460.png

Boys felt robbed today. But hopefully we can get 3 points next week against the saints. Some good results for the teams around us the now so it's imperative that we keep picking up points

Blackburn United 0 Dunbar United 2

Dunbar had the better of the opening spell and went ahead after a good move and cross was converted by, I think, King. Blackburn started to come back into it as the half wore on but it was Dunbar who grabbed the second from a free kick.  McQuillan then hit the post just before the break.  Second half it was like a scene from the Alamo with Blackburn pounding Dunbar but in reality, hardly made the keeper work as the Dunbar defence worked hard and defended resolutely to see out the game.  A great 3 points for Dunbar and from a Blackburn perspective, just one of those days where nothing went right, we must have had close to 20 corners. Dunbar wont have any relegation worries and should move further up the table.

There was a second half collection for Childhood Eye Cancer Trust which collected just short of £100, well done to everyone for contributing.

Dunbar are actually the best team (on the day in question) I have seen in the league this season. King absolutely oozes class.

Don't remember seeing anything controversial late at tayport yesterday.Scott Lawrie was the difference between the teams. If he gets a bit fitter he should score plenty in this league. Tayport backline could not cope with him.

Home team will struggle when the keeper continues to make howlers most weeks. Saints look like they have a decent stopper themselves.

5 hours ago, superbigal said:

Dunbar are actually the best team (on the day in question) I have seen in the league this season. King absolutely oozes class.

Don't remember seeing anything controversial late at tayport yesterday.Scott Lawrie was the difference between the teams. If he gets a bit fitter he should score plenty in this league. Tayport backline could not cope with him.

Home team will struggle when the keeper continues to make howlers most weeks. Saints look like they have a decent stopper themselves.

According to the match report on the saints website Scott Main had an acrobatic clearance off the line in the closing minutes. I suspect this is the incident in question. 

With striker Jack Wilson signing last week from Kelty it looks like some good competition for places up front.

On 18/11/2017 at 21:15, hibby9 said:

Boys felt robbed today. But hopefully we can get 3 points next week against the saints. Some good results for the teams around us the now so it's imperative that we keep picking up points

Watched the game on Saturday and find your comment rather strange 'boys felt robbed today'

Haddington scored three goals, first one H no.11 waltzes around your keeper to be brought down, how does this not constitute a red card...last man and all that?

All Thornton do is lump the ball forward at every opportunity to the no.9, who is a good player, your no.10 then feeds of him, when he went off last 20 minutes H equalised and had the better chances last 15 minutes.

In my opinion a draw was the correct result, H didn't play well on a difficult surface but cant think of a decent save the H keeper had to make during the 90 minutes?

9 hours ago, beachboy said:

Watched the game on Saturday and find your comment rather strange 'boys felt robbed today'

Haddington scored three goals, first one H no.11 waltzes around your keeper to be brought down, how does this not constitute a red card...last man and all that?

All Thornton do is lump the ball forward at every opportunity to the no.9, who is a good player, your no.10 then feeds of him, when he went off last 20 minutes H equalised and had the better chances last 15 minutes.

In my opinion a draw was the correct result, H didn't play well on a difficult surface but cant think of a decent save the H keeper had to make during the 90 minutes?

Would agree it was a red card. Just the other 2 goals Haddington never had to work for. Plenty goals and points shared was a good game all the same 

If the foul is committed in the box and is a pen then you can not send him off also. Comes under the new double jeopardy rule.

A poor analysis of the game though it must be said. Yes at times TH did play direct through number 9. Like you said the park wasn’t the slickest. However, you only have to look at Thornton’s second goal to see how well they carved H open. Most players in the team touched the ball in the lead up to a nice finish. Didn’t think there was an awful lot between the sides but HiHi had to be the happier of the two going home with a draw IMO. A couple of individual errors cost them hibs the 3 points. A young side who I’m sure results will improve as the season goes on.

16 minutes ago, Football expert said:

If the foul is committed in the box and is a pen then you can not send him off also. Comes under the new double jeopardy rule.

Isn't it a case that if the referee thinks the player made a genuine attempt to get the ball, its a yellow card. If not, then its a red.

On 18/11/2017 at 21:15, gogsy said:

That East fife is best guy will be absolutely raging.:lol:

30 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

we should have been at least 4 up after 15/20 mins and as for the ref and assistants the less said the better 

D9C5FA1C-4243-4E4C-B26D-098E51EE167E.thumb.jpeg.69b14d98d470891cdb129c8d394ac933.jpeg

Better late than never . Comedy Gold (dust)

15 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Was defo a goal late in the game for Tayport which was probably deserved in the end as we should have been at least 4 up after 15/20 mins and as for the ref and assistants the less said the better but if we dont get another keeper soon our title/promotion chances will be fading fast

Can you help with the tayport scorers - looked everywhere cheers

On Monday, November 20, 2017 at 20:38, Burnie_man said:

Isn't it a case that if the referee thinks the player made a genuine attempt to get the ball, its a yellow card. If not, then its a red.

So that's the rule?

I was at a game same thing - foul in the box, ref gave a pen and a red but crowd saying he shouldn't have sent the player off?

Confusing

38 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

So that's the rule?

I was at a game same thing - foul in the box, ref gave a pen and a red but crowd saying he shouldn't have sent the player off?

Confusing

Players will still be sent off for holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball or having no possibility to play the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball.

Players committing accidental fouls, that deny a goal-scoring opportunity, are not automatically sent off, but cautioned instead.

I'd say the crowd were wrong.

Players will still be sent off for holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball or having no possibility to play the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball.
Players committing accidental fouls, that deny a goal-scoring opportunity, are not automatically sent off, but cautioned instead.
I'd say the crowd were wrong.

I thought it was a case of double standards, ref could give the penalty but could only book the player

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 09:40, The Faceman said:

So that's the rule?

Confusing

That's the rule.  If in the opinion of the referee the goalkeeper or defender are making a genuine attempt to win the ball they cannot receive a red card in addition to conceding the penalty. Yellow at worst.

However if, for example, they deliberately take the attackers legs away or pull their shirt to stop them scoring, red card.

Archived