East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will be a test of strength and character for Blackburn, playing the top 3 teams one after another. You will get a clearer position of how your season may pan out after that!

Both Fauldhouse and ourselves have to be happy at the way the season is going. Having played St Andrews twice in a row at their ground, and winning both games comfortably, I was surprised that The Hoose dropped their only 2 points up there!

Similarly the way we started our season and seeing Bathgate's results, I thought we'd win that fixture but was also lost our only 2 points at that point.

Have seen Haddington twice, once in a friendly against Bonnyrigg and in the cup against Kinnoull. Haddington deservedly both games and I think are in a strong position to finish the season still in the top 3.

So, your toughest test so far awaits you on Saturday against your neighbours. All the best for that match.

Great result for Blackburn. Won Toughest test so far! See what next week brings up against 3rd place, Haddington!

First time I've seen either of these sides this season. Indeed, first time I've seen a Premier League game this term as I usually watch whatever West Lothian sides are in the South Division.

The fare at Park View today was excellent. The league leaders started quickly and might have been ahead but for a fine, diving save from the Blackburn 'keeper (is it still King? - he looks taller than I remember!) but from then on it was the visitors who impressed and two identikit goals from right wing throw-ins had them comfortably ahead at the interval.

For me, the best striker in last seasons South Division then did his bit as a Premier League striker and augmented a brilliant one up top display by heading home twice in the closing quarter of an hour to seal an excellent win for the visitors.

If Blackburn can reproduce this regularly then retaining their position in this league should be a given, which I imagine was their aim at the outset. They looked a real good side - although I haven't seen either Haddington or Musselburgh and they both reportedly have real quality at this level that might be better still.

Fauldhouse United 0 Blackburn United 4

Debutante Kyle Marley pulled off a terrific save at 0-0 and that set the scene for first Craig Young and then Brian Ross to put Blackburn 2-0 up and it could have been more before HT. Second half was much the same with Fauldhouse rarely troubling the visiting goal and Andy McQuillan added a double in the last 20 minutes. A terrific win which in reality could have been more, best performance of the season with Blackburn totally dominating.

Another tough one next week with Haddington visiting, should be a cracker.

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 00:33, fu punter said:

Well Burnie Man, I think both Blackburn and the Hoose should be well satisfied with both their starts to the season. It's good this year to have 3 local derby games to look forward to in the league.

I hope that we get a good crowd on Sat given it's also the old firm game (lunch time kick off) and the fans are treated to a good match. I'm looking forward to the game also as I think that potentially Blackburn will offer the toughest test yet this season for the Hoose......time will tell.

Roll on Sat ...go the Hoose!!

Anyone seen fu punter? I'm a wee bit concerned we've no seen him since Saturday ;)

33 minutes ago, Candy Man said:

Leave him alone , there's nothing in his post that warrants your comment . I'm more concerned about people like you who are willing to dish it out and then go running to the mods when you're not happy with the response. Spoken to a few people now who are sick and tired of the dictatorship on here and reckon it's ruining the forum. 

Stop acting like a cad then old boy!

5 hours ago, Candy Man said:

Leave him alone , there's nothing in his post that warrants your comment . I'm more concerned about people like you who are willing to dish it out and then go running to the mods when you're not happy with the response. Spoken to a few people now who are sick and tired of the dictatorship on here and reckon it's ruining the forum. 

Awe bless, my wee Fife shadow pretending to be St.Rochs, cheerio cheerio cheerioooooo  :lol:

7 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

Blackburn have been very impressive this season, they have recruited well with good experienced players and its showing in there performances, if they can keep this up who knows where they will end up, putting more established teams to shame on and off the park.

It's been enjoyable, Saturday topped it off.  Bathgate was actually our worst performance of the season and we deservedly lost, and I'm sure there are going to be more bumps along the road but its been great to watch the team gradually grow into this level.  Long way to go yet before we're sure of staying in the league.

Blackburn have been very impressive this season, they have recruited well with good experienced players and its showing in there performances, if they can keep this up who knows where they will end up, putting more established teams to shame on and off the park.

Like who as u must know everything about every club

Arniston Rangers v Tayport
Bathgate Thistle v St Andrews United
Blackburn United v Haddington Athletic
Dalkeith Thistle v Thornton Hibs
Dunbar United v Kirriemuir Thistle
Musselburgh Athletic v Glenrothes
Tranent Juniors v Fauldhouse United
Whitburn Juniors v Downfield

Some good fixtures tomorrow. Can Blackburn keep up their good form? games against Haddington normally produce plenty of goals.  Can the Hoose bounce back away to Tranent, a tough game. Will Whitburn get a much needed win? Game at Bathgate looks good. Can Glens inflict a first defeat on Mussy?

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Arniston Rangers v Tayport
Bathgate Thistle v St Andrews United
Blackburn United v Haddington Athletic
Dalkeith Thistle v Thornton Hibs
Dunbar United v Kirriemuir Thistle
Musselburgh Athletic v Glenrothes
Tranent Juniors v Fauldhouse United
Whitburn Juniors v Downfield

Some good fixtures tomorrow. Can Blackburn keep up their good form? games against Haddington normally produce plenty of goals.  Can the Hoose bounce back away to Tranent, a tough game. Will Whitburn get a much needed win? Game at Bathgate looks good. Can Glens inflict a first defeat on Mussy?

Having only seen 9 out of 15 teams so far in the league, I would say for sure, that apart from Musselburgh, Haddington are the best of the bunch, so I think that Blackburn are going to have a tough game.

I have only won once this season with a Junior football coupon, and on 3 occasions beaten by one team only. Therefore, I may not be best qualified to predict the fixtures you have listed, from our league, but here goes;

Draw

Draw

Haddington

Dalkeith

Dunbar

Musselburgh

Draw

Whitburn

Archived