East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see why Arniston are bottom never attempted to play football today they were lucky to finish the game with 9 there number 3 should have seen a straight red in the same incident as when 4 got his just tried to kick anything that got in the way of the football if we had out shooting boots Tayport would of scored at least 5 plus should of had a stonewall pen at 1 nil up but ref bottled it think this could the turning point for Tayport we have a nice run of fixtures to get maximum point from each

On 29/09/2017 at 14:06, Casey Jones said:

Having only seen 9 out of 15 teams so far in the league, I would say for sure, that apart from Musselburgh, Haddington are the best of the bunch, so I think that Blackburn are going to have a tough game.

I have only won once this season with a Junior football coupon, and on 3 occasions beaten by one team only. Therefore, I may not be best qualified to predict the fixtures you have listed, from our league, but here goes;

Draw

Draw

Haddington

Dalkeith

Dunbar

Musselburgh

Draw

Whitburn

So it's easy to see why I have only had 1 Junior coupon up this season! 3 out of 8 is rubbish!

Thought Tranent would at least draw with Fauldhouse. Tranent were joint favs for league at start of the season, and this was a match, which could go some way to saying the odds at that time were ok. After today's defeat, and with a 3rd of the season gone by, Tranent are 7th in the league and 11 points behind automatic promotion places. I can't see them catching up this deficit.

Thought Haddington would beat Blackburn, on the basis that having seen Haddington this season, From what I've seen, they are a great passing team, and should finish, or be near 3rd place by the end of season. However, the couple of times I've seen Haddington they were at home, and maybe play their best football at Millfield park.

Didn't put a coupon on today, so perhaps for the best, and my most important prediction of Musselburgh winning came through!

So it's easy to see why I have only had 1 Junior coupon up this season! 3 out of 8 is rubbish!
Thought Tranent would at least draw with Fauldhouse. Tranent were joint favs for league at start of the season, and this was a match, which could go some way to saying the odds at that time were ok. After today's defeat, and with a 3rd of the season gone by, Tranent are 7th in the league and 11 points behind automatic promotion places. I can't see them catching up this deficit.
Thought Haddington would beat Blackburn, on the basis that having seen Haddington this season, From what I've seen, they are a great passing team, and should finish, or be near 3rd place by the end of season. However, the couple of times I've seen Haddington they were at home, and maybe play their best football at Millfield park.
Didn't put a coupon on today, so perhaps for the best, and my most important prediction of Musselburgh winning came through!

Haddington are a decent side but will feel fortunate to come away with a point today. Blackburn missed chances and had a stonewall penalty turned away for handball by a very poor referee. I can't recall the Blackburn keeper making a save and it was an OG they did score from.

31 minutes ago, budgie smuggler said:

Haddington are a decent side but will feel fortunate to come away with a point today. Blackburn missed chances and had a stonewall penalty turned away for handball by a very poor referee. I can't recall the Blackburn keeper making a save and it was an OG they did score from.

Didn't make any comment on Blackburn since I haven't seen your team play this season. But with 4 points out of 6 in last 2 league matches against Fauldhouse and Haddington, I think we are in for a good match in a fortnight, when Blackburn come though to Olivebank.

Didn't make any comment on Blackburn since I haven't seen your team play this season. But with 4 points out of 6 in last 2 league matches against Fauldhouse and Haddington, I think we are in for a good match in a fortnight, when Blackburn come though to Olivebank.

Should be a good game and one everyone will be looking forward too. Unfortunately I will miss the game.

Blackburn United 1 Haddington Athletic 1

Blackburn opened the scoring on 25 mins with the first real chance of the game, Andy McQuillan stabbing home from close range after a short corner was swung in. The visitors created the remainder of the first half chances, hitting the bar from a corner kick, then equalising after a defensive mix up from another corner saw Ewan Herriot head into his own net. Calum Rarity then stopped Haddington taking the lead with the help of a post. Second half however is was Blackburn in charge, the keeper pulled off a great save from James Mildren tipping it inches past, then McQuillans close range shot was blocked on the goal line, before in injury time the most blatant hand ball you'll ever see was seen by everyone, including the referee, who can only have deemed it non deliberate which is a tad baffling.  The Hi Hi thanked their lucky stars and departed happy with a point, whilst Blackburn were a little disappointed after the second half performance maybe merited more.

Away to Rosyth in the Fife & Lothians next week, and unfortunately for kevinmfc, I wont be there so no report.

17 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Heading out, report tomorrow, just like last week. Anyone seen fu punter? emoji4.png

Thanks for your concern Burnie Man....I am still alive and well. I would've posted last Sunday if I wasn't away for a few days (holiday weekend et all) to congratulate Blackburn on their excellent performance at Park View last week, yes I was disappointed by the Hoose performance last week but fair play to Blackburn who thoroughly deserved all 3 points. 

It will be interesting in 2 weeks to see how you get on at Musselburgh and how we perform at Haddington.....both games on paper look extremely tough encounters so lets see what happens....

By all accounts Blackburn played well yesterday so you are certainly on a good roll.....I also liked the look of your new keeper by the way.

Good luck....go the Hoose!  

Thanks for your concern Burnie Man....I am still alive and well. I would've posted last Sunday if I wasn't away for a few days (holiday weekend et all) to congratulate Blackburn on their excellent performance at Park View last week, yes I was disappointed by the Hoose performance last week but fair play to Blackburn who thoroughly deserved all 3 points. 
It will be interesting in 2 weeks to see how you get on at Musselburgh and how we perform at Haddington.....both games on paper look extremely tough encounters so lets see what happens....
By all accounts Blackburn played well yesterday so you are certainly on a good roll.....I also liked the look of your new keeper by the way.
Good luck....go the Hoose!  

Hope you enjoyed the break [emoji16]

It will be "Super Saturday" in a fortnight!

Blackburn United 1 Haddington Athletic 1
Blackburn opened the scoring on 25 mins with the first real chance of the game, Andy McQuillan stabbing home from close range after a short corner was swung in. The visitors created the remainder of the first half chances, hitting the bar from a corner kick, then equalising after a defensive mix up from another corner saw Ewan Herriot head into his own net. Calum Rarity then stopped Haddington taking the lead with the help of a post. Second half however is was Blackburn in charge, the keeper pulled off a great save from James Mildren tipping it inches past, then McQuillans close range shot was blocked on the goal line, before in injury time the most blatant hand ball you'll ever see was seen by everyone, including the referee, who can only have deemed it non deliberate which is a tad baffling.  The Hi Hi thanked their lucky stars and departed happy with a point, whilst Blackburn were a little disappointed after the second half performance maybe merited more.
Away to Rosyth in the Fife & Lothians next week, and unfortunately for kevinmfc, I wont be there so no report.

Might pass u on the way up we are kircaldy

On 8/17/2017 at 23:10, #DUFC said:

Musselburgh easily beat them but remember they were down to 10 men after 5 minutes. Not to say that would have had a bearing on the game.

Dunbar have lost their two best centre halves from last season and currently missing a central midfielder, not forgetting the retirement of Chris Grant. I don't think they have been suitably replaced, if at all.
Easier said than done, if the calibre of player is not available at the right time.

Mclaren and Motion will hopefully prove to be good signings however I think all supporters feel the problems lie elsewhere in the side.

What do you think now.?   Here is an extract from KT facebook ,  and for the club to say the referee cost us the game ,shows a real lack of class. We deserved to lose the game, we have been awful for the majority of games so far but unless changes are made, this is it. It will be difficult for us to stay in this league, but not impossible from what I have seen of other teams. Mussy apart. Is there a younger set of boys playing for a junior team.? 

I'd like to say well done to 6 young Kirrie lads who were in our victorious squad away to Dunbar Utd yesterday.
Stuart McKenna (18), Ryan Kerrigan (18) both playing the majority of the game.
Cameron Henderson (17) playing an hour.
Ryan Cormack (15) playing 30 mins.
Duncan Boath (17) playing 15 mins, with Andy Kettles (16) an unused sub....
Hopefully a glimpse of some future KT stars!
Thanks to Kirrie Thistle Youths u19's and u17's for getting players to a level where they can step in to our team and do so well!
Also, a big well done to the 'older' players who carried these young lads and helped show them what hard work gets you!

What do you think now.?   Here is an extract from KT facebook ,  and for the club to say the referee cost us the game ,shows a real lack of class. We deserved to lose the game, we have been awful for the majority of games so far but unless changes are made, this is it. It will be difficult for us to stay in this league, but not impossible from what I have seen of other teams. Mussy apart. Is there a younger set of boys playing for a junior team.? 
I'd like to say well done to 6 young Kirrie lads who were in our victorious squad away to Dunbar Utd yesterday.
Stuart McKenna (18), Ryan Kerrigan (18) both playing the majority of the game.
Cameron Henderson (17) playing an hour.
Ryan Cormack (15) playing 30 mins.
Duncan Boath (17) playing 15 mins, with Andy Kettles (16) an unused sub....
Hopefully a glimpse of some future KT stars!
Thanks to Kirrie Thistle Youths u19's and u17's for getting players to a level where they can step in to our team and do so well!
Also, a big well done to the 'older' players who carried these young lads and helped show them what hard work gets you!

Are you a Dunbar or Kirriemuir fan btw? I'm a bit lost on your point.

Archived