East Premierleague 2017/18

Burnie_man

May as well get this started now that promotion/relegation/Kelty issues have all been resolved. The competing clubs are;

Lothians

Arniston Rangers

Bathgate Thistle

Blackburn United

Dalkeith Thistle

Dunbar United

Fauldhouse United

Haddington Athletic

Musselburgh Athletic

Tranent Juniors

Whitburn Juniors 

Fife

Glenrothes

St.Andrews United

Tayport

Thornton Hibs 

Tayside/Perthshire

Downfield

Kirriemuir Thistle 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Gimme said:

From a selfish point of view I'd like to see some of the Mid/East Lothian teams coming up, Bonnyrigg are running out of 'local' games.

Just get relegated along wi Nitten and we'll have a great Lothians league lol

May as well get this started now that promotion/relegation/Kelty issues have all been resolved. The competing clubs are;
Lothians
Arniston Rangers
Bathgate Thistle
Blackburn United
Dalkeith Thistle
Dunbar United
Fauldhouse United
Haddington Athletic
Musselburgh Athletic
Tranent Juniors
Whitburn Juniors 
Fife
Glenrothes
St.Andrews United
Tayport
Thornton Hibs 
Tayside/Perthshire
Downfield
Kirriemuir Thistle 

2nd promotion in a row for Blackburn :)

Tranent had a poor start to the season. Kevin Thomson signing seemed to hold us back a bit. That's nothing to do with kevin as a player etc but it was just never going to work at that level. To much off the field issues aswell. After the run the boys have been on winning both cups hopefully they can get of to a good start and they will be there or there abouts. Foresters is a hard place to come and get points now. Think it will be Musselburgh tranent and haddington for the top 3 places.

Kirriemuir will need to adapt to the higher level with far better players than in the regional league, so to say they will go up is a big shout, Dunbar are in the same boat and play really good football but i think both teams would settle for mid table in their first season and avoid the bottom 4.

A lot of teams have or had good managers but that goes for nothing, as we all know its the 11 that cross that white line on a sat that really matter.

Think going by the season just finished the top 2 should be us Tayport and Tranent with Arniston also up there fighting it out aswell and finishing third

Yawn, - just woke up from a funny dream!

So Musselburgh not in the equation of even getting into 3rd place in the league?

1. Would be interested in what you based your thoughts on.

2. Remind me the score the last time we played up at Tayport?

With exception of Tayport, I think all the Fife & Tayside will be in bottom half this season. Thornton will want to shake off the yo-yo tag, and having seen Kirriemuir last season will certainly need to strengthen just to be competitive. The Glens seemed to get a lift from 2 bouts of new managers, but I'm sure they will be looking for more stability this term but with a lack of finance they may struggle. St. Andrews having been given a reprieve are sure to strengthen but question marks remain on the management team who had time and money last year but were still relegated.

At top end don't discount the relegated fauldhouse & Musselborough are usually a good outfit. Could be a very competitive season

With exception of Tayport, I think all the Fife & Tayside will be in bottom half this season. Thornton will want to shake off the yo-yo tag, and having seen Kirriemuir last season will certainly need to strengthen just to be competitive. The Glens seemed to get a lift from 2 bouts of new managers, but I'm sure they will be looking for more stability this term but with a lack of finance they may struggle. St. Andrews having been given a reprieve are sure to strengthen but question marks remain on the management team who had time and money last year but were still relegated.
At top end don't discount the relegated fauldhouse & Musselborough are usually a good outfit. Could be a very competitive season

Would fully expect Musselburgh to be in the top 2 with their squad and budget. Fauldhouse will be a new team this year. I'd imagine JC will go for a few boys from the west so will be a bit of an unknown. Should be an interesting league.

On 6/14/2017 at 18:20, Belter1 said:

Tranent had a poor start to the season. Kevin Thomson signing seemed to hold us back a bit. That's nothing to do with kevin as a player etc but it was just never going to work at that level. To much off the field issues aswell. After the run the boys have been on winning both cups hopefully they can get of to a good start and they will be there or there abouts. Foresters is a hard place to come and get points now. Think it will be Musselburgh tranent and haddington for the top 3 places.

I think the other EL team, Dunbar will struggle. I say that as I have only heard of players leaving. If we had the same squad with maybe one or two additions, i think we might have managed to stay in the premier, anyone heard anything.? 

Archived