Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Thomas Tuchel is still available. Could Southampton tempt him? He was able to get the best out of young players, many of whom who are now in the EPL.

Apparently taking charge of Bayern this summer 

West ham are getting it in the neck after the last 3 results, jetting off to miami. I’m not sure i can see the merit in it. Noble on the radio saying they have been training, that is all fine and well, but if there is no tactical training involved then it seems pointless. Think they might get beat by Southampton in a few weeks after hughes has had time to train them and get his message across. And that mixed with this trip, the west ham fans that seem to want a reason to be annoyed is just going to make things worse.

There is an arguement that being out the country, and getting their heads cleared away from the baying media will be a good thing, but we will find out in a few weeks.

As much as West Ham are an easy team to hate and for many reasons deserve to be relegated. I have a great amount of sympathy for David Moyes, he’s done the best he can with a limit squad and horrible injury luck. No board backing and is really in a no win situation. He’ll be the only one to come out of this with credibility I think, even if they are relegated. Not that he’s got much left after Sunderland.

As much as West Ham are an easy team to hate and for many reasons deserve to be relegated. I have a great amount of sympathy for David Moyes, he’s done the best he can with a limit squad and horrible injury luck. No board backing and is really in a no win situation. He’ll be the only one to come out of this with credibility I think, even if they are relegated. Not that he’s got much left after Sunderland.

Think your right, I would hope that this is the start of his rehabilitation, thought his career had been damaged beyond repair after his last few appointments and his reputation has become poison amongst Club Chairman, but full credit to him, he obviously saw the West Ham job as his last shot at the big time, (Unless he got the Scotland gig), and has taken it in both hands and has done both himself and his rep a power of good and is not the busted flush everybody thought he was!!!
He's not there yet, but he's made massive strides!!!

Give credit where it’s due. The west ham gig is high risk, but if he guides them to safety then he will get all the credit. The Sunderland job was an utter crash, but that isnt his fault. The players and the board have fucked that club over something chronic, it was a no win situation going into there for him.

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Give credit where it’s due. The west ham gig is high risk, but if he guides them to safety then he will get all the credit. The Sunderland job was an utter crash, but that isnt his fault. The players and the board have fucked that club over something chronic, it was a no win situation going into there for him.

It was his decision to take the job though and then to remain there when he then found out he'd basically been lied to about their position and what he could spend. He doesn't deserve any sympathy under those circumstances.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Assuming Moyes can avoid relegation, i'd be quite happy to see him offered a further contract.

Assuming Moyes can avoid relegation, i'd be quite happy to see him offered a further contract.

Do you think he will? What effect do you think Saturday will have on the players? Do you think them getting away or even just having a mental break from the premier league games will do them good?

35 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

What is wrong in this picture ?IMG_20180315_184231.jpg

Two options i would think.

1. An awful kit clash with Chelsea forced to don opposition change strip.

or

2. It`s on the wrong thread as 3  Chelsea fannies should really be on NSFW.

14 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Do you think he will? What effect do you think Saturday will have on the players? Do you think them getting away or even just having a mental break from the premier league games will do them good?

God knows what the owners are thinking and if they might be swayed by the fans who are getting increasingly hacked off as time goes on. I do hope the players getting away from the madness gives them a chance recharge and come back raring to go.

18 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I've heard bits and pieces of it, but I still don't get what his point actually was, to be honest. I think he's losing the plot if it hasn't already gone.

I think he was trying the 'United frequently get knocked out of the CL. What's the problem?' approach while deliberately ignoring the point that it was because of two gutless performances against a team they should have beaten. Tuesday was a definite turning point for many United fans according to those at work. Any benefit of the doubt has now gone. They'd gladly drive him to Paris tonight.

I think most people, not United minded, said when he was appointed he wasn't the right man for the job. Despite him winning the trophies last season, I think most will maintain the stance that he is killing the club with his ego. He is such a negative man these days, not only on the park but off it as well. 

You will also notice, he went into this particular mindset he is in just now right after he signed his contract extension. He definitely wants the PSG job.

27 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I think most people, not United minded, said when he was appointed he wasn't the right man for the job. Despite him winning the trophies last season, I think most will maintain the stance that he is killing the club with his ego. He is such a negative man these days, not only on the park but off it as well. 

You will also notice, he went into this particular mindset he is in just now right after he signed his contract extension. He definitely wants the PSG job.

Quite a few who are United minded said he wasn't the right man for the job too as they thought they were just getting an upgraded Van Gaal football wise. They'd backed themselves into a corner though after totally fucking up SAF going and had little choice but to appoint him. I think most football watchers could have written the script for his time there and it seems to be going as expected. What surprises me is why PSG would want him all things considered.

Archived