Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

If they were going to sack him he'd have been out on his ear this morning, which he should have been. 

Sky have apparently been in damage limitation mode all day. I believe we've had a repentant Carragher, near to tears at one point, on SSN grovingly apologising, Talksport's phone ins with most callers apparently mainly sympathising with him for being goaded into it, his media mates mainly in support of his position on Twitter and the twat in the car being crucified for supposedly zooming along a motorway while filming it all on his phone.  Anecdotally in the main but given the bits I've seen I can quite believe the day's gone along those lines. It's Sky we're talking about here.

I’m not so sure. I get the feeling they will try to keep if they can but im not so sure they will once they’ve weighed everything up properly. 

Carragher’s clearly done every well in the media but from the Xmas party incident in the late 90s to the coin throwing at Highbury he’s  certainly no shrinking violet. The Arbeloa incident always got me - didn’t like it. 

Will see what happens he’s got himself in a right pickle with this one what a thing to do. 

9 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’m not so sure. I get the feeling they will try to keep if they can but im not so sure they will once they’ve weighed everything up properly. 

Carragher’s clearly done every well in the media but from the Xmas party incident in the late 90s to the coin throwing at Highbury he’s  certainly no shrinking violet. The Arbeloa incident always got me - didn’t like it. 

Will see what happens he’s got himself in a right pickle with this one what a thing to do. 

Can almost feel the straining from you as you fumble around looking for the right words to make it look like you have a problem with his actions......

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can almost feel the straining from you as you fumble around looking for the right words to make it look like you have a problem with his actions......

No doubt you can :) 

What were the Christmas party and Arbeloa incidents?

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What were the Christmas party and Arbeloa incidents?

He tried to fight with Arbeloa  and Reina in a match vs WBA. Liverpool won the game.

He pumped strippers covered in squirty cream at an Xmas party whilst with the lady who is now his wife.

An all round bad egg it seems.

He tried to fight with Arbeloa  and Reina in a match vs WBA. Liverpool won the game.
He pumped strippers covered in squirty cream at an Xmas party whilst with the lady who is now his wife.
An all round bad egg it seems.

Can’t remember the fighting incident. Need to see if it’s on YouTube. Never heard the Xmas party story before.

Was at Stoke v City a few years ago in midweek when I think City won 4 or 5 -1 but for the first hour or so Stoke gave City a bit of a roasting. What a contrast in standards now. I don’t think City have won many away games as easily as tonight.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Was at Stoke v City a few years ago in midweek when I think City won 4 or 5 -1 but for the first hour or so Stoke gave City a bit of a roasting. What a contrast in standards now. I don’t think City have won many away games as easily as tonight.

City v City ? 

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If my memory serves me correctly (maybe Rab can help). Michael Owen and Paul Once were in attendance shocked at how unprofessional their team mates were.

Yes that’s the one. It was pre internet days the News of the World had a field day with it. 

Always had to laugh Arbeloa got his revenge - signed for Real Madrid - winning all sorts for them and with Spain. 

Archived