Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know this but a few years ago David Sullivan made a £1m cash loan to David Hunt, a notorious London crime boss.  The loan came a couple of months after Hunt lost a libel case against the Sunday Times, who named him as an organised crime figure.  The judge in the case found that Hunt had engaged in violence, intimidation of witnesses and money laundering and was protected by a number of corrupt police officers.

I wonder if the pitch invaders and organisers of the protest march will start turning up in concrete boots.

40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I didn't know this but a few years ago David Sullivan made a £1m cash loan to David Hunt, a notorious London crime boss.  The loan came a couple of months after Hunt lost a libel case against the Sunday Times, who named him as an organised crime figure.  The judge in the case found that Hunt had engaged in violence, intimidation of witnesses and money laundering and was protected by a number of corrupt police officers.

I wonder if the pitch invaders and organisers of the protest march will start turning up in concrete boots.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-ham-united-board-protest-march-meetings-hooligans-icf-action-group-a8244951.html

If you look at some of the footage from Saturday you would almost think that some of the self stewarding going on the stadium was done by this outfit. 

2 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

The guy is clearly a w**k and also deserves abuse for the worse goading ever heard. Carragher on a different level though, nasty b*****d.  Total joke if Sky don't punt him. 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43376262

Looks as though Sky have suspended him.  Would be surprised if he doesn't get the sack, what a moron

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43376262

Looks as though Sky have suspended him.  Would be surprised if he doesn't get the sack, what a moron

Given Gary Neville's tweet I'd be surprised if he was sacked. Looks like Sky have told Neville to tweet in support of him, not sure why Neville would otherwise compromise his own position by sticking his oar in. Carragher is a good pundit and Sky wont want to sack him, they'll sit tight for a few days, see whether things settle down or not and then probably reinstate him after a slap on the wrist.

Given Gary Neville's tweet I'd be surprised if he was sacked. Looks like Sky have told Neville to tweet in support of him, not sure why Neville would otherwise compromise his own position by sticking his oar in. Carragher is a good pundit and Sky wont want to sack him, they'll sit tight for a few days, see whether things settle down or not and then probably reinstate him after a slap on the wrist.
What did Neville say?

32 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

If they were going to sack him he'd have been out on his ear this morning, which he should have been. 

Sky have apparently been in damage limitation mode all day. I believe we've had a repentant Carragher, near to tears at one point, on SSN grovingly apologising, Talksport's phone ins with most callers apparently mainly sympathising with him for being goaded into it, his media mates mainly in support of his position on Twitter and the twat in the car being crucified for supposedly zooming along a motorway while filming it all on his phone.  Anecdotally in the main but given the bits I've seen I can quite believe the day's gone along those lines. It's Sky we're talking about here.

Archived