Tynierose

Premier League 2017-2018

No, and you'll notice in the original post and in my explanation following 8Miles rather tired and clichéd assertion that I was fishing for greenies, that I haven't at any point slagged the league off as some like to do. I also said that I do and likely will continue to watch a fair bit of EPL, all I was saying was that I feel there has been a change in the product that I don't particularly like and it's happily pushing me back towards the game in this country, which is more deserving of my support anyway.
Of course, when the fanboys try this hard to defend the league against any criticism at all, it doesn't do it any favours.

I hope you win that bet

Just putting it out there.... Hibs v Celtic is a much more attractive proposition to me than anything the EPL has to offer today. This season I am finding the EPL more and more of a turn off.

Me too. Probably because it's a league my clubs involved in though and it feels more "real", I struggle to care about EPL games unless I've a bet on, so generally just lose interest after twenty minutes or so. Only non-Scottish games I enjoy watching are Valencia games and most Serie A games, proper end to end stuff all the time.

Tadic looks like he’s wearing goalie gloves

They’re special grippy gloves designed to assist players taking throw-ins.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

They’re special grippy gloves designed to assist players taking throw-ins.

Fucking pathetic that's what it is.  

I'm watching Hibs v Celtic now and I'll probably watch some of the English fitba later. I don't support any of the teams playing today.

Mind you, being an ageing VL with nae pals or burd, I have a lot of time on my hands.

Klopp makes six changes from the Spartak Moscow game! He'll look mightily foolish if this backfires

At least Robertson has another start under his belt

Robertson really couldn’t have an easier game to start, against Calvert-Lewin and Kenny.

32 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Klopp makes six changes from the Spartak Moscow game! He'll look mightily foolish if this backfires

At least Robertson has another start under his belt

He's definitely brave. Can see that team bring a 352, or a 433 or a 4231 or a 442.  Mixing it up might catch Allardyce out.

Robertson really couldn’t have an easier game to start, against Calvert-Lewin and Kenny.

They both played really well in their last game.

Anyone who finds it hard to believe that a Scottish person prefers to watch Scottish football must be thick as f**k. Fair enough lots don't, but it's not rocket science.

They both played really well in their last game.

Kenny’s incredibly raw but gets away with it because he came through the youth system. Calvert-Lewin is poor on the right, but he’s not playing there. Instead, Robertson’s coming up against Rooney, who has just lumped the ball out of field or let Liverpool players run off him. A waste out wide.
Given how good Liverpool’s wingers are, as well as how bad Everton’s full-backs are, the way this has gone is no surprise.

Liverpool reserves are giving Everton a pasting here, but its still 0-0.  Robertson looking pretty decent, although his direct opponent is Rooney, so you'd expect him to do well.

Liverpool reserves are giving Everton a pasting here, but its still 0-0.  Robertson looking pretty decent, although his direct opponent is Rooney, so you'd expect him to do well.

Said the exact same thing to my dad. I really don’t get why Allardyce has him out there.
Everton are set up exactly the same way that Allardyce - and subsequently Hodgson - did against Chelsea, but they don’t have enough anyone like Townsend, Zaha or Benteke, who are capable of either flair or bullying defenders.

It's the ideal scenario for Robertson - stroll it against Rooney and the English media might start hyping him.