Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I've been to Old Trafford loads of times as a tourist.

Jesus Christ 

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Absolutely. I’m just making the point that I’m glad my club isn’t like that at all, just local genuine fans.

Ayr or Middlesbrough? 

13 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I went to the Man Utd game today as I’m going out in Manchester. I can honestly say that the type of atmosphere there is absolutely brutal, and if that was my local club I’d be absolutely gutted. 90% of the people around me just stood recording everything on their phones. When the goals went in it was barely as if anything had happened, basically no celebration. Then at 2-0 up and coasting all you could hear were people complaining about not hammering them. They were actually fuming at winning a game comfortably 2-0. 

I’ve said it before, but supporting a smaller club, where it’s actually passionate, local people attending rather than day trippers is far better than that plastic shite. The feeling these people get from winning the league is what smaller club fans get from scoring a goal. Thank Christ I don’t support a “big team”.

That's what happens when you sell your soul for an extra dime. English top flight football is nigh on passionless in the stand, City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea stadiums all seem fucking dire to visit. Anfield has one rendition of a forced song at the start and that's it for the day. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's what happens when you sell your soul for an extra dime. English top flight football is nigh on passionless in the stand, City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea stadiums all seem fucking dire to visit. Anfield has one rendition of a forced song at the start and that's it for the day. 

Away you go the grounds are packed every week and aye it’s hardly bouncing 90 minutes every week but what grounds at any level in the Britain are? Just the ones up here are 3/4 empty. 

32 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Away you go the grounds are packed every week and aye it’s hardly bouncing 90 minutes every week but what grounds at any level in the Britain are? Just the ones up here are 3/4 empty. 

It's passionless. Watch it at corners, huge rival player goes to take corner, and 9/10 folk are sitting videoing him. 

Theres almost zero connection to the club and all the "rivalry" its utterly plastic. 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Ayr or Middlesbrough? 

Both. 

53 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

The big clubs are so full of tourists it’s terrible, but away sections are still absolutely bouncing, far better than my experiences in Scotland I’ll admit. No hint of irony though in having a dig at empty grounds up here when you (and me) are the problem.

58 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Both. 

The big clubs are so full of tourists it’s terrible, but away sections are still absolutely bouncing, far better than my experiences in Scotland I’ll admit. No hint of irony though in having a dig at empty grounds up here when you (and me) are the problem.

They are infiltrating away sections through sponsors as well but the majority are still real fans with season tickets etc.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Complaining grounds in Scotland are 3/4 empty when you go to watch games in England every week Image result for hmfckickback vrface

Then again I still go to more games in Scotland than done there and of course a lot more than you. :) 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's passionless. Watch it at corners, huge rival player goes to take corner, and 9/10 folk are sitting videoing him. 

Theres almost zero connection to the club and all the "rivalry" its utterly plastic. 

No sign of those posts then. No wonder. Still, as you can't find something that doesn't exist, I'm amazed you just didn't do your usual and make some up.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I couldn't give a single shite how many more games you go to, bit of a minter that you see it as a competition. 

Suddenly you don’t give a shite eh ... :lol: 

Don’t see it as any competition  what so ever there’s folk I know who go to plenty more games than me.  

Archived