Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too obvious not to be! [emoji1]

Well, that was almost a masterclass in how to shitfest a win by West Ham, though I think they’ll still be pleased to take a point.
I'd have taken that after a brutal first half.

Just now, accies1874 said:

Two cracking goals masked a fairly dull second half. Thank f**k this festive schedule is over so the managers finally stop whining. 

they will just find another reason soon 

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Two cracking goals masked a fairly dull second half. Thank f**k this festive schedule is over so the managers finally stop whining. 

I think Alan Pardew had a genuine complaint, needing to play twice in two days while West Ham had a week off. 

If they can come up with a way of ensuring that all fixtures have fair spacing then there’s nothing wrong with the number of games. 

I think Alan Pardew had a genuine complaint, needing to play twice in two days while West Ham had a week off. 

If they can come up with a way of ensuring that all fixtures have fair spacing then there’s nothing wrong with the number of games. 

I think it was because the Tottenham v West Ham game was moved though, it was originally meant to be Sun, so it wasn’t really planned that way.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I think it was because the Tottenham v West Ham game was moved though, it was originally meant to be Sun, so it wasn’t really planned that way.

hardly requires the processing power of a NASA supercomputer to work it all out though, does it - bearing in mind there are just the five, getting on six months from the release of the fixtures to actual christmas - I'm thinking that ten minutes with a pen, a bit of paper and some common sense would ensure that everyone gets a fair set of evenly spread fixtures - although even that simple list of requirements immediately leaves the EPL catastrophically lacking in one key aspect; to be honest, folk earning what they do really just need to shut the f**k up and get on with it; anyway - if two dog-tired teams can serve up fare such as arsenal v chelsea for the delectation of the watching public who underwrite the whole thing anyway, there's clearly not much wrong with things, and if wilshere, welbeck, walcott and the like are flogged to death and end up crippled, cortisone-dependent and embittered after three years at the top level, well, you'll forgive me if i come across as giving as much of a flying f**k about their welfare as they do about mine - they can always jack it in and go on the fucking bins or driving one of those fantastic street clearning machines that both freezes and picks up dog shit if they want a career with more longevity (and which will earn them more respect than playing for arsenal...)

Ross Barkley is going to Chelsea for £15m. Could have been £30m in the summer and £15m is still alright for someone whose contract runs out in the summer, but £15m for someone of Barkley's ability, as well as only being 24, is a cracking piece of business from Chelsea. The only real risk is whether he can be as good coming back from a long injury.

Archived