Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. 

What makes you so sure? Most of the articles I’ve read predict a vast drop-off in revenue as less and less people subscribe due to a) more and more folk using dodgy boxes instead of paying Sky, BT etc., and b) utter shite like Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Stoke being in the PL as opposed to traditional big clubs like Leeds, Villa and Sheffield Wed.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

What makes you so sure? Most of the articles I’ve read predict a vast drop-off in revenue as less and less people subscribe due to a) more and more folk using dodgy boxes instead of paying Sky, BT etc., and b) utter shite like Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Stoke being in the PL as opposed to traditional big clubs like Leeds, Villa and Sheffield Wed.

Heard it all before with Kodi boxes etc but it just goes up. We've had a few of the traditional big clubs out of the top flight for years but it doesn't make a difference. 

Kodi boxes haven't made a blind bit of difference. BT and Sky have agreed a deal that they will 'share' each others channels as of 2019 (at the expense of the consumer).

The rumour is that Amazon and Facebook are away to get involved as well, which will dilute the money individual companies spend, but spread the costs faced by fans even further.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kodi boxes haven't made a blind bit of difference. BT and Sky have agreed a deal that they will 'share' each others channels as of 2019 (at the expense of the consumer).

The rumour is that Amazon and Facebook are away to get involved as well, which will dilute the money individual companies spend, but spread the costs faced by fans even further.

And the English football sofa supporters from Scotland to Australia will keep on  funding it. 

Surely at some point more and more folk are going to realise this league is massively overrated and full of absolute horseshite?
Going to be hilarious when all the money runs out in a few years.

Folk have been saying this for years and years now, yet the TV deals and global audience just get bigger and bigger.

Steady on lads. Grimbo levels :lol:

We shall see. I’m not convinced it’s sustainable, and the ever-increasing gap between the top 6 teams and the rest means the majority of teams in the league are utter gash.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Steady on lads. Grimbo levels :lol:

We shall see. I’m not convinced it’s sustainable, and the ever-increasing gap between the top 6 teams and the rest means the majority of teams in the league are utter gash.

I'm not so sure the gap is necessarily to do with them being gash. They've got more money than ever to spend as well but the top 6 have all got their act together and 5 of them in the last 16 of the Champions League. 

Archived