Massive fire at high rise flats in London

These people were living in a death trap, culminating in a catastrophic incident they predicted themselves. Ironic that they just happened to live on the dodgy side, of one of the wealthiest post codes on the planet! Sums this country up.

The council has only just shown up to help apparently. Its been down to local groups, churches and mosques to get things organised. But the PM has realsed a statement, much weeping of crocodile tears. 

I notice she wasn't down at the scene - finding out the real story.

I can't help but think she'll have been advised not to - for fear of an angry backlash.

I'd love a social media campaign for the government to seize control (with minimal compensation) of the least inhabited luxury building in London - and use it for those now homeless.

The housing situation in the capital is nothing short of a fucking scandal.

Folk better be jailed over this.

The whole situation with landlords in the UK has gotten ridiculous.

Housing prices rising because everyone is buying up to turn properties into HMO's, holiday homes, and multiple let properties.

Something like this in London was bound to happen eventually, hopefully the local council is torn to shreds by the media. I fucking doubt it though.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I notice she wasn't down at the scene - finding out the real story.

I can't help but think she'll have been advised not to - for fear of an angry backlash.

There was a slightly raised slab in Belfast that required her attention.

6 hours ago, dorlomin said:

The council has only just shown up to help apparently. Its been down to local groups, churches and mosques to get things organised. But the PM has realsed a statement, much weeping of crocodile tears. 

I haven't seen the bold Theresa's statement yet, but is it along the lines of -

We stand shoulder to shoulder with Londoners

Horrific loss of life

A full inquiry will take place which I will show a great deal of interest in

I will now get on with forming a strong and stable Government in the national interest

8 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Not true. There was a local councillor interviewed yesterday morning about 8am and he'd been there since the early hours. He was talking about the rehousing effort and how suitable accommodation was already being identified and made ready.

4 hours ago, Fide said:

I haven't seen the bold Theresa's statement yet, but is it along the lines of -

We stand shoulder to shoulder with Londoners

Horrific loss of life

A full inquiry will take place which I will show a great deal of interest in

I will now get on with forming a strong and stable Government in the national interest

So many harrowing and distressing facts emerging from this horrific disaster - final messages issued to loved ones, etc, etc. People screaming for help before jumping to their deaths. Almost reminiscent of 9/11 - so much distress - an absolutely appalling catastrophe.

Well done Fide for taking this opportunity to attack Theresa May and her government. I guess to your warped mind, it is inconceivable that this could have happened with a labour government in place.

FWIW I am not a supported of the Tory Govt, but I certainly wouldn't blame them for this.

Edited by ICTJohnboy