Massive fire at high rise flats in London

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

There seems to be this really odd thinking that "FREEDUM OV SPEACH" means you can say whatever you like without action. True you can say anything as your "Freedom of speech", certainly doesn't mean there won't be consequences to what you have said. 

Certainly not when you broadcast it over the internet. Outraging Public Decency is still a crime, 4-500 prosecutions a year in England and Wales.

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

I think it is dangerous territory arresting someone for doing something of this nature.

We're decades into this dangerous territory foisted by 'compassionate' totalitarian 'Progressive' snowflakes, examples in this thread. 

You're likely a racist BTW #mindreading #thoughtcrimes

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's a good thing our justice system doesn't work like that then.

That is exactly how it works in jury trials.  Evidence is presented and judgements are made by juries based on that evidence.

I doubt if this will go to trial but if it does and it is a jury trial I hope the jurors are impartial and not racist apologists.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You've made a judgement already and are asking people to be impartial

I made a judgement on an Internet forum based on the evidence I’ve seen.  If I were on a jury I would wait until hearing/seeing all the evidence.

I believe a majority of the victims of the fire weren’t white British. I also think, having only seen the video once, most, if not all, the people these fuds put on their tower looked to be people of colour.

I suggest you maybe watch it one more time, the people in their tower are white (in fact it’s yellowy paper)

There is nothing to suggest that their actions were racist, with the exception of a few comments on here no one else is suggesting it was race related.

The people in the video are sick arseholes and that is beyond debate but calling it racist because the majority of people who died in the real fire were nonwhite is a bit of reach and looking for something that’s not there.

5 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I suggest you maybe watch it one more time, the people in their tower are white (in fact it’s yellowy paper)

There is nothing to suggest that their actions were racist, with the exception of a few comments on here no one else is suggesting it was race related.

The people in the video are sick arseholes and that is beyond debate but calling it racist because the majority of people who died in the real fire is a bit of reach and looking for something that’s not there.

NINTCHDBPICT000447118290.jpg?w=960

The flag could be a bit of a clue.

Edited by welshbairn

We're decades into this dangerous territory foisted by 'compassionate' totalitarian 'Progressive' snowflakes, examples in this thread. 
You're likely a racist BTW #mindreading #thoughtcrimes

Were decades into this dangerous territory and yet it seems it’s mostly only arseholes that are being punished?
Maybe this territory isn’t dangerous as you’d like to make us think?

Any discussion on here as to whether or not it's racist is going to be complicated by the fact both camps are leaving their underlying emotions unspoken.

I may be wrong, but I would guess the following:

• Those who argue "you cannae say it's racist man" object to the idea of people taking the 'moral high ground' while engaging in a public castigation based on technically unfounded aspersions.
  • Those who argue "m8 it is obviously racist" are speaking from experience that gammon coloured Englanders often hold generally prejudicial and idiotic opinions about people of colour and are unwilling to let that slip on a technicality.

Both of those are positions you end up in for emotional reasons. You feel either the emotional pull of 'justice' or an emotional aversion to gammony idiots.

Personally, I feel both. And it's impractical to run a society by emotion, which is why we have law. If there is a law against this, then let's impose the right punishment. And if not, then let them be seen for who they are (probably insensitive, possibly racist).

No need to get all emotional about whether it is or is not technically racist.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Is it just me that sees what appears to be a white guy with ginger hair on the top row of that god awful tower thing?  

There's every chance the people who made this are racist, but I think it's a stretch to say this was a racially motivated act. It's just brain dead f**k nuggets being brain dead f**k nuggets.