Massive fire at high rise flats in London

There was a local resident on Channel 4 news having a go at John Snow and rest of media for not reporting that death toll was over 150. John Snow did not deny that that he had heard that figure. Horrible if true.

There was a local resident on Channel 4 news having a go at John Snow and rest of media for not reporting that death toll was over 150. John Snow did not deny that that he had heard that figure. Horrible if true.

I'm sure it was Lilly Allen. She was going off big time.

13 minutes ago, Jute said:

There is no question the death toll is in 3 figures.

Question is why this time the media have gone for the official line of confirmed deaths when they have never been concerned about speculating on people missing in past?

Going back to my point earlier I think people are managing this very carefully as there is  potential for some serious civil disorder.

Paul Nuttall's heroism in running into the blazing tower block to rescue a Muslim family will never be forgotten.

How he got back to the hospital to carry out life saving surgery,  I will never know. Maybe he drove the ambulance.

So soon after playing in the champions league final as well.

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I doubt but they've found everybody yet tbf. Deffo 100+ though.

Agreed, but others are expecting media sources to put names and numbers on it. They are damned if if they or don't.

Would you say to a potentially bereaved parent "can't find your kid, so we'll just file him under dead, 'cos he had no chance and we need stats for the next bulletin.

35 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

There is no question the death toll is in 3 figures.

Question is why this time the media have gone for the official line of confirmed deaths when they have never been concerned about speculating on people missing in past?

Going back to my point earlier I think people are managing this very carefully as there is  potential for some serious civil disorder.

Protecting the Tories.

Couple of quotes from the Met police commander on the BBC website.

Six victims of the Grenfell Tower blaze have been provisionally identified, Metropolitan Police Commander Stuart Cundy said, but "there is a risk that sadly we may not be able to identify everybody".

Asked about the number of dead, Cdr Cundysaid: "I hope it is not triple figures, but I can't be drawn on the numbers."

Just now, resk said:

I'd imagine they're still trying to figure out how many people were inside the building when it went up. Difficult to do TBH. It's not like people swipe in and out.

Paul Nuttall will figure it out. He was Pythagoras teacher, before he conquered Rome in the battle of El Alamein.

The fire brigade haven't been inside the building yet. All the victims so far must have been jumpers. I still don't believe the story of the kid being caught after being thrown from the 9th floor either.

So when the LFB commissioner said that they have had firefighters all the way up to the 24th floor she was lying?

Just now, peasy23 said:

So when the LFB commissioner said that they have had firefighters all the way up to the 24th floor she was lying?

Well, the news tonight showed a drone they said was assessing the building to see if it was safe to enter, I think. I could be wrong, I honestly having been paying that much attention to the news recently.

3 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

The fire brigade haven't been inside the building yet. All the victims so far must have been jumpers. I still don't believe the story of the kid being caught after being thrown from the 9th floor either.

They have. The Syrian guy identified was in his flat.

They have been right up to top floor but can't get in flats above first few floors as ceilings/floors not stable.