Massive fire at high rise flats in London

Local Authorities are largely fucking idiots at Senior Management level when it comes to paying for external services. We're paying Ernst & Young several hundred grand to identify savings [emoji38] 
Software providers rip the pish in tremendous fashion. In one of my old jobs, my department was beholden to a company from the midlands who provided a hopelessly unreliable update which took months to sort out. We still had to pay £2000 a time for their rep to fly up for a couple of days business class and stay in the most expensive hotel in Dundee, car hires etc. Absolutely bonkers. 

The great charade of consultancy. Corruption incorporated.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Christ, South Ayrshire Council called in consultants every time someone did a smelly shit in the bogs.

I really don't think it's a time for political point scoring at least until some kind of preliminary enquiry has been completed.
Right now all we should be concerned with is doing what we can to help the victims of this awful event.
If this is coming across as an attempt to assume some kind of moral high ground, then so be it.

You better believe this is political.

You can have sympathy for Theresa may if you like but she's at the top of the tree. Her reaction to this has already been telling.

The housing situation in the country is horrendous, and this especially true in London.

This tragedy was magnified massively because the tenants were poor. It simply wouldn't have happened in a richer area.

The housing situation in the country is horrendous, and this especially true in London.

We seriously need to control the number of secondary homes and let properties.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

We seriously need to control the number of secondary homes and let properties.

No, we seriously need to build serious amounts of new council houses or similar,

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Premier Inn's aren't that expensive.

They are to Dundonians tbh

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We actually laughed at the latest one. Genuinely fucking comical pish that could only happen in a local authority. 

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I had a wee aerial photography business in Wales for a bit and was used to clients bitching over 50 quid. Handed in an £800 invoice for a day's work to a local government department and they didn't raise an eyebrow.

Each to their own.

2017-06-15-17-15-08-.jpg

^^^^ peeping tom.

Had to park outside some retirement flats once to take a shot of a steam train coming into a station. Before we had a chance to direct the camera an old lady on the 4th floor came out of the shower to face a camera pointed right at

her just outside the window. Livid would be an understatement.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Had to park outside some retirement flats once to take a shot of a steam train coming into a station. Before we had a chance to direct the camera an old lady on the 4th floor came out of the shower to face a camera pointed right her just outside the window. Livid would be an understatement.

As long as the Sheriff believed you.

You can have sympathy for Theresa may if you like but she's at the top of the tree. Her reaction to this has already been telling.

This tragedy was magnified massively because the tenants were poor. It simply wouldn't have happened in a richer area.

It's only politicising this that can stop this happening again and there's a lot of people landlord and council level up to the highest levels of government that are culpable here.

Don't know why folk expect the Tories to have ensured proper fire safety measures in the holding pens for poor people when they're not even prepared to do it for schools.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-criticised-over-quietly-abandoning-requirement-for-new-schools-to-install-fire-sprinklers-a7219276.html

Apologies in advance for anyone upset at my 'politicising' of these err... political decisions.

8 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Paul Nuttall's heroism in running into the blazing tower block to rescue a Muslim family will never be forgotten.

How he got back to the hospital to carry out life saving surgery,  I will never know. Maybe he drove the ambulance.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Sympathy for Theresa May? Moi?

Her pathetic attempts to do a deal with the DUP will finish her off. I give her 2 weeks at the most.

I'm not a JC fan either, but at least he is the lesser of 2 evils.