Massive fire at high rise flats in London

It is being reported on 5live (by someone who stays in a nearby tower). That the fire brigade have been ordered to move away from the building as bits of it are starting to fall off.

I thought all those high rise flats were designed specifically to stop fire spreading? As in, if there was a fire in one of the flats it would be contained in that flat alone.

Don't know the first thing about it but I was always under that impression for some reason.

The local authority recently completed refurbishing the block. Can't help but think that further down the line there will be corporate manslaughter charges brought if it turns out to be faulty wiring.

In other news my missus is worried about the amount of cats that will be in the building. Fucking hell.

Just now, BradHorse said:

I thought all those high rise flats were designed specifically to stop fire spreading? As in, if there was a fire in one of the flats it would be contained in that flat alone.

Don't know the first thing about it but I was always under that impression for some reason.

You would have thought so, wouldn't you?

2 minutes ago, BradHorse said:

Depends on the age and design of the building.