Bonnyrigg Rose 2017-18

bravehearts dad

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2017 at 03:11, Toffee fan said:

Comedy Gold from RR again. Must have evaded his carer again for a night out on the town.

Bonnyrigg are the only undefeated team in East Super League this season. Even when Bonnyrigg’s best manager in years was still there, RR was complaining about lack of strike force. Parhaps a disgruntled forward, who has been overlooked by his beloved Rose team!

Somebody should probably check your hard drive as well.  Weirdo. 

On 10/11/2017 at 23:59, Van magic said:

Little too inconsistent for my liking but feel we have went through a bit of transition with the season just starting and losing arguably our best manger at the club in the last 20+ years? Lee currie tho could watch that laddie all day what a signing start nice he’s made the step up

We have signed Keith lough from Penicuik but a rotten run of luck saw him in bed with the flu all last week when I think it was a great opportunity for him to start and get the sharpness up hopefully throw him in the morn! Cup tied lol
Going with reports and watching his goals on the Penicuiktv the boys got a lot to offer us!

Club have tried to bring a few faces in unfortunately they’ve been left frustrated in there attempts.

Still think you should reveal yourself.....

How far away is Jonny Stewart from being fit? That will make a difference I think. We do seem light up top though.

20 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Of course not. We have not improved at all. We either need the manager to make signings or a new manager that is not scared to make signings. 

It’s all too safe. We have strikers that know they will start every week. A new signing that’s clearly deemed not match fit but only given a few mins in matches.

We have no pace, no goal scorers and pals from 2015 that are going through the motions .

A pub team went down to 10 today and there was no intention to attack them. We were lucky the boy was offside at the end or 3-3 . A team cruising on past glories and it’s miles away from being good enough  

Who have you got in mind to solve the scoring problems RR?

I have heard management have been trying to get another forward in but without success.

45 minutes ago, Van magic said:

End of next month is the last target I heard as DB has said too club have been trying to add to the strike force

He was telling yesterday - Happy Davie isn’t just adding for sake of adding, I fully appreciate just how hard it is to attract the kind of quality that will improve us.

He was telling yesterday - Happy Davie isn’t just adding for sake of adding, I fully appreciate just how hard it is to attract the kind of quality that will improve us.

Exactly mate amount of people I’ve heard saying we’ve got the bloody money just spend it nonesence too [emoji85] really tho on who?
Much for? Does club want to sell? Does the player want to come? Too many folk think it’s so easy to go and get a striker

• 1 month later...

PLAYER UPDATE: Midfielder/Attacker Mark McConnell has been placed on the transfer list. All enquiries to Charlie/Bobby [emoji257]

His first couple of appearances looked promising but he's never really found a place in the side now that the manager seems to have found his first choice players.

Saturday was a much better performance from Bonnyrigg playing some nice football and scoring some good goals. They'd looked lacking in energy a bit against Kennoway and Penicuik so a welcome return to form. Credit to Jeanfield for trying to get the ball down and play

1 hour ago, Mr Tee said:

Massive gulf in class between Rose and Nitten today. Nitten were awful, had no real game plan and were so poor all over the park. They didn’t get stuck in or have a go at all, game didn’t seem like a derby. They looked a side completely lacking in belief or purpose.

Rose played in 2nd gear most of the game and won at a canter.

Rose 2nd goal and Nitten 2nd goals were both beauties.

Credit to all at Bonnyrigg for getting the game on!

Apart from Nitten’s first goal, they were hardly in the match at all in the first half, and it just seemed like a training exercise for Bonnyrigg. 

Bonnyrigg were coasting 2-0 when Nitten scored from a good free kick. Almost straight away the score is 3-1, and then halftime. Second half was slow to take off, and it was only when Nitten got back to 3-2, that Bonnyrigg started to play again, comfortably winning 5-2.

Only one team seemed to want to win today, so Bonnyrigg players certainly paid back for all the efforts in getting the match on in the first place. As said, Nitten were poor today, with the goalkeeper, Renton, their best player, and their no. 15 the only other player on plus points, but it was hard for him as midfield didn’t help him at all up front. 

Maybe Newtongrange got stage fright playing in front of such a big crowd. Heard in the 1st match against Cumbernauld, there was only about 120 of a crowd. That was roughly one tenth of yesterday’s attendance at Bonnyrigg. 

Some reports elsewhere had Nitten’s manager being sent off, but think it was the assistant. Maybe he was annoyed that the game plan for the match wasn’t being followed, as none of the players seemed to know what they were doing. Bonnyrigg were in charge of the majority of the match and surely expected a harder match, in a 4th round Scottish cup tie.

Good performances from Martyniuk and Currie against their old club.

First visit to Bonnyrigg for a couple of years but I’m glad I went. They played some great football , scored a couple of cracking goals and the atmosphere was fantastic. Although they were too strong for their opponents on the day and never looked like losing this was a good advert for junior football.

11 hours ago, Dunc the drunk said:

First visit to Bonnyrigg for a couple of years but I’m glad I went. They played some great football , scored a couple of cracking goals and the atmosphere was fantastic. Although they were too strong for their opponents on the day and never looked like losing this was a good advert for junior football.

The atmosphere was more akin to being at a funeral rather than a local derby. Bonnyrigg never got out of second gear and when Nitten scored the Rose went right up the park and scored again. 

Maybe Newtongrange got stage fright playing in front of such a big crowd. Heard in the 1st match against Cumbernauld, there was only about 120 of a crowd. That was roughly one tenth of yesterday’s attendance at Bonnyrigg. 
Some reports elsewhere had Nitten’s manager being sent off, but think it was the assistant. Maybe he was annoyed that the game plan for the match wasn’t being followed, as none of the players seemed to know what they were doing. Bonnyrigg were in charge of the majority of the match and surely expected a harder match, in a 4th round Scottish cup tie.
Good performances from Martyniuk and Currie against their old club.

I’m surprised to hear Newtongrange even had 120. Any time I’ve been through there it seems like almost everybody’s been from Bo’ness and Newtongrange have had maybe 50 folk. I know there probably will have been more, but just what it seems like.

Archived