Will this be Spartans year?

The Crafty Dafty

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Would 400 be a good crowd with zero competition in the Capital?

Seriously???400 is considered a good crowd for a championship clinching game against a top 4 challenger??? I know LL crowds are not on a par with the HL on a regular basis but still - 400 today!!! Thats poor

1 minute ago, dwl123 said:

Seriously???400 is considered a good crowd for a championship clinching game against a top 4 challenger??? I know LL crowds are not on a par with the HL on a regular basis but still - 400 today!!! Thats poor

Here we go again!

9 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Here we go again!

No im a big fan of non league footy across the WHOLE country. Im just surprised at the level of interest in todays Spartans game tbh. I genuinely thougjt more would have been thete given the importance of the game today

I’ve worked up in Aberdeenshire on and off for the last few years and have a watched cove on a few occasions and they definitely want promoted. I’ve not seen Spartans this season so can’t comment on them. What do youse think of there chances? 

I’ve worked up in Aberdeenshire on and off for the last few years and have a watched cove on a few occasions and they definitely want promoted. I’ve not seen Spartans this season so can’t comment on them. What do youse think of there chances? 
Spartans failed to beat Shire, BSC and East Kilbride all season. You have to fancy Cove Rangers on that form.

Spartans failed to beat Shire, BSC and East Kilbride all season. You have to fancy Cove Rangers on that form.

As well as losing their other game v ‘elite’ non league opposition ( Fraserburgh).
They’ve done incredibly against the teams finishing 5-16th picking up an unbelievable 70 points out of 72 and they keep things very tight at the back which gives them a chance. BUT this league title is now a stepping stone with the main aim being to gain promotion to League 2. The doubts I would have are over whether there is the extra bit of quality needed to beat a top team as well as the mental toughness to deliver a win in the ‘big’ games.

14 minutes ago, LustForLeith said:

Does anyone know when the playoff game is with Cove? I couldn’t find anything. Went yesterday as there was no Hibs game and I quite fancy the play off.

Sat 28th at Cove, Wednesday 1st May at Spartans. Was pushed back a week as it looked like the Highland League weren't going to crown a champion in time.

Big congratulations to The Spartans after an excellent campaign.  To lose only 3 times over 30 league matches and to concede only 17 goals is a feat worthy of being crowned champions.  For EK it's a case of what-if's but onwards and upwards.

I'm looking forward to the playoffs and sincerely hope that you do yourselves and the LL proud :thumsup2

Archived