Will this be Spartans year?

The Crafty Dafty

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig Graham is quoted as saying he'd swap his MBE for promotion to the SPFL but his family wouldn't be pleased! :lol:

I had to  offer to swap my Cycling Proficiency badge and another fan his Tufty club badge to get City promoted you know... ;)

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Craig Graham is quoted as saying he'd swap his MBE for promotion to the SPFL but his family wouldn't be pleased! :lol:

I had to  offer to swap my Cycling Proficiency badge and another fan his Tufty club badge to get City promoted you know... ;)

We’d lay off Santa for a shot at the big time Tam. 

Be good to see a club like Spartans go up...as a neutral they seem to have a stable football model and have shown in the past that they can compete with higher league teams.

Good luck for rest of season as sitting in a promising position.

On 06/01/2018 at 00:03, tamthebam said:

What did he get his mbe for

• 4 weeks later...

I doubt it after watching Saturday's game with East Kilbride!They forgot to turn up for the big game.....looked a poor team TBH!

Kilby deserved their win definately, and should do well for the rest of this season.

Of course Cove Rangers will have a say, but I could certainly see Kilby beating Cowdenbeath if it comes to that again!

Going to be a very interesting end to the season, and will probably go to the wire.

General opinion among my friends was that Spartans would win the league,  and Saturday's result was a bit of a shock.

Personally having watched all the teams I'm of the opinion that BSC Glasgow are the best I have seen this season.

Agree that Cowdenbeath will struggle to survive this season, however I think the threat of Cove Rangers should not be underestimated.

All good news for the Lowland League and hopefully the competitiveness will attract more spectators in.

3 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I doubt it after watching Saturday's game with East Kilbride!They forgot to turn up for the big game.....looked a poor team TBH!

Kilby deserved their win definately, and should do well for the rest of this season.

Of course Cove Rangers will have a say, but I could certainly see Kilby beating Cowdenbeath if it comes to that again!

Why weren't yer at Clyde- get off at Croy Station and I'm told its easy to wander down to Broadwood... ;)

It's good for the LL that it's competitive this season. Yesterday was a bad result for our generously wonderful landlords but I'm sure they'll bounce back and I'll always back the LL Champs against the Mutton Molester League. 

3 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Spartans last gasp winner ( again ) tonight. 

Went over to this tonight and still thawing out:lol: Spartans certainly rode their luck at times and the Uni looked the most likely to score and hit the post. Sucker punch with the 94th minute goal from Davie Greenhill.

I didn't think Spartans looked that great but the main thing for them at this time of the season is winning and getting the 3 points.

Next door on the back pitch Edinburgh City 20s were playing Mid Annandale and won 10-2:lol: actually saw Mids 2nd goal which was a well taken penalty in the 2nd half, maybe went to the wrong game at Ainslie Park:lol:

Went over to this tonight and still thawing out[emoji38] Spartans certainly rode their luck at times and the Uni looked the most likely to score and hit the post. Sucker punch with the 94th minute goal from Davie Greenhill.
I didn't think Spartans looked that great but the main thing for them at this time of the season is winning and getting the 3 points.
Next door on the back pitch Edinburgh City 20s were playing Mid Annandale and won 10-2[emoji38] actually saw Mids 2nd goal which was a well taken penalty in the 2nd half, maybe went to the wrong game at Ainslie Park[emoji38]

I was there, just woke up and my big toe on left foot still feels cold! My car thermometer insisted it was 2oC. I've lost trust in my car, going car shopping later.

5 hours ago, sureiknow said:

These last minute goals are going to win them the League. 

I am sure Edinburgh City got a few late goals when they won the league; winning games they deserved to draw. Speaking from bitter experience......

3 minutes ago, Hoofhearted said:

I am sure Edinburgh got a few late goals when they won the league; winning games they deserved to draw. Speaking from bitter experience......

Usually the mark of Champions .

Was at the game against us, Gretna.  Last kick beat us though to be honest they should have beat us by about 5.

Archived